IK Multimedia FX Pick & Mix 2023 Group Buy

ralfrobert

19 minutes ago, mibby said:

I swear there is NO place to buy Gear Credits in the Custom Shop or on the IK Website. It's like it disappeared! 

I looked too and didn't see them any where.  I have a recollection that they changed all the prices so there was no discount. 

1 minute ago, mibby said:

The more you get the more you save. And since you can use Jam Points, you can save even more on a big purchase.  I remember Lars telling us about that one a while back...

@Fleer  195 Credits?? You must have bought a ton of them at some point!

My first GB was GB25 and at that time there was definitely a discount.  However, I remember there was a change after that and even looked at the new prices. There was no discount, for example 300 GC cost $300.

You are remembering correctly--at one point there was a discount.  I am sure there was a price change.  I don't remember hearing that they stopped selling GC.

5 minutes ago, mibby said:

The more you get the more you save. And since you can use Jam Points, you can save even more on a big purchase.  I remember Lars telling us about that one a while back...

@Fleer  195 Credits?? You must have bought a ton of them at some point!

Actually most of them came with hardware purchases like iLoud and iRig stuff. That iLoud alone got me 300. 

• Like 1

Can I use JamPoints towards a purchase in the Custom Shop?

Yes! To use your JamPoints towards a purchase in the Custom Shop, please follow these steps...
Launch the Custom Shop from your Applications folder (Mac) or from your Start Menu (Windows)
*You can also launch the Custom Shop from within AmpliTube 3/T-Racks CS, by clicking the Custom Shop button within the product interface

Login to the Custom Shop using your User Name/Password
*This is the same User Name used on the IK Multimedia web site.

Click ADD CREDITS at the top of your screen

Select the amount of Gear Credits you wish to purchase, then click the BUY CREDITS button to the right

. . . .

[emphasis added]

I think some older FAQs are kept around for historical purposes, including the one with the old GC purchase prices.

Notice the reference to AT 3 and the "Click ADD CREDITS . . . . "

Not putting IK down here, just suggesting that the FAQ with the discounted GC prices might not be current. 

• Like 1

I'm an idiot.  I picked up the Stone Room Reverb thinking I could get individual Amplitube plugins that I didn't have.

*FREE products must be of equal or lesser value of the purchased item and chosen from the software titles listed below.

Well, at least I got the Fulltone Collection. 

RTFM!   😠

Edited by mibby

1 minute ago, mibby said:

I'm an idiot.  I picked up the Stone Room Reverb thinking I could get individual Amplitube plugins that I didn't have.

Well, at least I got the Fulltone Collection. 

RTFM!   😠

Poor you. Something similar happened to me at another group buy. With all the drama and chaos around the IK promotions, collateral damage is normal I guess. 

• Sad 1

Also be aware that using JamPoints in a purchase doesn't necessarily spend the ones that are about to expire. I had some with only a few days validity remaining so decided to make a purchase; it decided to deduct from my fresher ones instead.

26 minutes ago, antler said:

Also be aware that using JamPoints in a purchase doesn't necessarily spend the ones that are about to expire. I had some with only a few days validity remaining so decided to make a purchase; it decided to deduct from my fresher ones instead.

Thanks for mentioning this.  I have wondered why kind of bookkeeping/accounting system IK uses for Jam Points.  I have assumed it would be FIFO (First In First Out).  But from what you say, that is not the case.  Does anyone have a link to an IK webpage where the accounting method is spelled out?

On 7/4/2023 at 1:38 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Not a bad idea, I'll ask.  Office is closed today and tomorrow but I sent along the suggestion.

It would be nice if Tape Machine Collection and TASCAM Tape Collection were added. That way users entering with a purchase of T-RackS or Amplitube could pick up all the tapes without burning through most of their slots.

• Great Idea 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:42 AM, antler said:

That would be pretty poor on their part if they did. Sounds like it's not the case though hopefully

Edited by MusicMan

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

That would be pretty poor on their part if they did. Sounds like it's not the case though hopefully

Well, I can't prove it now, but I do remember feeling disappointed that my soon-to-expire points were still there after the purchase (and have since expired), and another pool of points was deducted from.

I don't know; maybe it was a glitch, or there was some special circumstance - water under the bridge, and all that...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...