Guitar Rig Updated to 6.4.0

Magic Russ

Release notes say it came out today.

Here's the description for the Fire Seeker in the updated manual:

Fire Seeker is the sonic companion to Fire Breather, modeling the sound of a hand-wired American boutique amplifier that builds on British legacy. Its clear and detailed character with a tight low-frequency response can be used in a variety of styles, from Blues and classic Rock to Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.

If that sounds familiar, let's revisit the description for the Fire Breather amp:

Fire Breather models the sound of a contemporary amplifier that builds on British legacy. Its clear and detailed character with a tight low-frequency response can be used in a variety of styles, from Blues and classic Rock to Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.

Other than the font and a slightly different shade on the baseplate, the interface for these two components is exactly the same.  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Well I'm not a Beta Tester... and I already had that version installed so I have no idea how that's possible!

very odd ? - I'd checked this morning (UK) and there were no updates,  both appeared for me a couple of hours ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Hmmmm..even the release notes say that it was released today, but I only installed the Kontakt 
update.  Maybe NA installed them both at the same time....what do I know...I'm old

look at the date stamps on the .exe files ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I wonder why I even bother with this when you have Amplitube and other amp sims.

I actually like Guitar Rig OVER Amplitube ...so it is just preference.

Also, nothing wrong with more tools at your disposal.

Edited by hockeyjx
  • Like 1

Just now, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Because Guitar Rig doesn't take almost 2 minutes to open and has the same sound quality.

I would say Guitar Rig is more dynamically responsive when you turn the volume knob on the guitar down compared to Amplitube. I like Amplitube, and it is a great for my doubling, but no preset beats my favorite preset(after tweaking) on GR.

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I wonder why I even bother with this when you have Amplitube and other amp sims.

Because Amplitube takes FOREVER to load and run through presets. Sometimes I just need quick effects for background guitar-like effects.  It's quite a fast / snappy program considering the amount of features. Also have Fractal Audio hardware, but sometimes you just need something done ITB that takes 2 seconds. 

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Because Guitar Rig doesn't take almost 2 minutes to open and has the same sound quality.

Not even close to the same quality. But yep, GR loads fast and is faster to edit.

Edited by Carl Ewing

10 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Because Amplitube takes FOREVER to load and run through presets. Sometimes I just need quick effects for background guitar-like effects.  It's quite a fast / snappy program considering the amount of features. Also have Fractal Audio hardware, but sometimes you just need something done ITB that takes 2 seconds. 

Not even close to the same quality. But yep, GR loads fast and is faster to edit.

Amplitube is bloated.  When you install it installs.  I have to go thru the Native Asshat mumbo jumbo to only have it fail, run a registry to to install it.  A lot of time wasted. If you have the IK Max version those presets can be overwhelming. 

12 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Keep in mind that the standard cab setup for all IK cabs is not the same as the default one GR uses. Once you replicate them, they sound more or less the same.

The funny thing also is that GR6 is actually smaller in size than GR5, as opposed to Amplitube, which went from 500 MB to almost 3 GB.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino