Samplitude Pro X8 Out Now!

cclarry

Samplitude Pro X8 Suite brings you some powerful new plug-ins: Virtual Instruments, effects and editing tools from renowned developers such as iZotope, Steinberg and Convology deliver professional results faster than ever.

Brand-new features optimize your workflow from recording to multi-format export: Thanks to Comping, you can compare your recordings simultaneously and combine your favorites for perfect results. AudioWarp lets you edit the timing of your tracks without sacrificing on quality, and the Marker-Track gives you the perfect overview, even in complex projects.

Available until June 11, 2023

$299 upgrade

https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=30020&L=52&C=220&sc_src=email_1360739&sc_lid=178550151&sc_uid=M0zYRe4HQd&sc_llid=427&emac=1&potrk=e3940a56dfd430318240bafc3377a10a4a5819265536beda969bba4511cacd57&phash=3shnvMC8G1xVI767&sc_customer=e3940a56dfd430318240bafc3377a10a4a5819265536beda969bba4511cacd57

• Like 2

Yeah, 300 is crazy. Trying to milk the last drop out of their faithful users, who are usually running professional studios in Europe and don't mind the upgrade cost *that much*. Being the powerful DAW that it is, I wonder if it wouldn't sale A LOT more if they priced it similarly to Studio One, for example. Maybe they dread the inevitable increase of support tickets...

EDIT: OK, it's worth pointing out that the upgrade cost is for the Suite version, which comes with quality 3rd party goodies. To upgrade Samplitude proper costs $200. 

Edited by Esteban Villanova
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

Honestly, asking for 299 for three  new features  seems to me to be too much.

That's the Magix trademark.    You do get to other nice apps.  Now if they threw in Acid Pro I'd give it look.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

That's the Magix trademark.    You do get to other nice apps.  Now if they threw in Acid Pro I'd give it look.

This DAW is a really powerful all in one package. On the other hand, it's easily possible to skip a major version or two. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I agree about the price. I only upgraded to 5 because it was the same price to upgrade SpectraLayers at that time ($199). After the rigmarole if relinking Independence libraries, I have never used anything but SpectraLayers since that purchase. Convology XT Complete seemed nice, but that got no real use either.

Sort of baffled with the features in a way, since a good chunk of them have been present in SONAR/CbB.

3 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

What do you like about spectral layers? What do you do with it?

SpectraLayers Pro is probably best described as an alternative to RX Standard/Advanced; some features are slightly different but overall are comparable. @Grem had asked about that a while back, and the unmix stems/components feature is most used by me. RX Standard has that feature to the stems level and I posted about that in Grem's thread. I have a friend who has a lot of old 4-track work, so most of my use has been to tear those apart for retracking/remixing, or to simply expedite creation of covers of commercial tracks. The repair features get used off and on, but that is more dependent on what I am doing at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/5/2023 at 5:38 PM, Esteban Villanova said:

Yeah, 300 is crazy. Trying to milk the last drop out of their faithful users, who are usually running professional studios in Europe and don't mind the upgrade cost *that much*. Being the powerful DAW that it is, I wonder if it wouldn't sale A LOT more if they priced it similarly to Studio One, for example. Maybe they dread the inevitable increase of support tickets...

EDIT: OK, it's worth pointing out that the upgrade cost is for the Suite version, which comes with quality 3rd party goodies. To upgrade Samplitude proper costs $200. 

Still not worth it. A new license for Acon Digital's Acoustica Premium Edition, which includes their Restoration Suite and Mastering Suite, costs the same (199 €, VAT included). I bought it years ago and preferred it by a wide margin to Samplitude v6. So much so, that I uninstalled Samplitude and never looked back. It also now supports ARA2.

Acoustica Premium Edition

Edited by John Maar

7 hours ago, mettelus said:

SpectraLayers Pro is probably best described as an alternative to RX Standard/Advanced; some features are slightly different but overall are comparable. @Grem had asked about that a while back, and the unmix stems/components feature is most used by me. RX Standard has that feature to the stems level and I posted about that in Grem's thread. I have a friend who has a lot of old 4-track work, so most of my use has been to tear those apart for retracking/remixing, or to simply expedite creation of covers of commercial tracks. The repair features get used off and on, but that is more dependent on what I am doing at the time.

All the apps which do the unmix feature use the exact same MusDB dataset used in Spleeter without any changes done to it. And neither of them have hardware acceleration for that as well. Spleeter uses CUDA if you have a Nvidia card.

12 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Do you have RX also? Is spectral layers better in any aspect as compared to RX?

I have RX 9 Advanced and RX 10 Standard installed. I simply like SpectraLayers GUI better, but there was also a thread with a CbB bug to be aware of that I responded to. I use Studio One now, and one feature is to tear apart files and drag/drop resulting tracks into a DAW for further work. This is an ARA feature and works fine with Studio One, but when that bug was reported I verified it did not work in CbB. I am not sure if that was fixed. 

IIRC, both RX and SpectaLayers have fully functional demos, so testing them on a something you know well will let you get a pretty good feel of things. The DAW integration I took for granted, so be sure to check that too. Overall it seems they are monitoring/mimicking each other, so workflow seems to separate the two.