3 Months of UAD Spark for 99 Cents

cclarry

99 cents I can afford.

It's the monthly subscriptions to UAD Spark for $19.99 (USD), billed monthly
(annual subscriptions $149.99 (USD), billed yearly)
that hits you after 3 months that hurts.

I really wish UAD had come out with their native versions 5 to 10 years ago - I'd probably own all of it.
At this point I'm too invested with other brands to consider reinvesting in stuff that does what stuff I already have does either equally well or well enough that no one listening to my music can tell the difference.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

99 cents I can afford.

I really wish UAD had come out with their native versions 5 to 10 years ago - I'd probably own all of it.
At this point I'm too invested with other brands to consider reinvesting in stuff that does what stuff I already have does either equally well or well enough that no one listening to my music can tell the difference.

At least UAD bother to email you to tell you that you've got a payment coming (at least, they *did* IIRC).

They seem to have just decided to start competing with PA and others. In the last couple of weeks I got their API console for $39, LA2 collection for $49, and Waterfall B3 for $24. Am about to demo the Hitsville reverb chambers, which (with coupons) I can get for $39 after stacking coupons.

Incidentally, UALurker4life should take $10 of your order without a min spend. 

13 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Not worth 99 cents per month?

3 months for 99 cents, but that changes to the unaffordable 

15 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Not worth 99 cents per month?

It's not cheap, see photos for the real deal information:

Screenshot_20230602-220044.png

Screenshot_20230602-220101.png

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

3 months for 99 cents, but that changes to the unaffordable 

It's not cheap, see photos for the real deal information:

Screenshot_20230602-220044.png

Screenshot_20230602-220101.png

That's only a modest 1919.19% increase to go to their regular monthly price... sounds reasonable... 🤣

2 hours ago, kloon said:

Great deal! You can get a lot of songs done in 3 months.

That's if it's easy to cancel.  I wouldn't even try, cause I've been burned a few times with deals like this.. where you can't find a cancel button on the website, or it doesn't work and you get charged.  They might be having a holiday when you try to cancel.  Crazy stuff happens when you try to cancel.

The other issue is, now that you used the software, it's been on your computer.  How well do they handle uninstalling it? Does the software leave residue on your computer after uninstalling?

I only install / demo software I plan to keep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My initial response to this was, "why should i bother when i have no interest in subscribing?" and then I had a thought.  I wonder if in 3 months I can get some of these plugins to null in my melda products?  If I succeed with even one, it may be worth it.  One thing I have discovered about Melda products is that with a lot of patience and technical know how, you can get them to sound damn close to other products.  

6 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

My initial response to this was, "why should i bother when i have no interest in subscribing?" and then I had a thought.  I wonder if in 3 months I can get some of these plugins to null in my melda products?  If I succeed with even one, it may be worth it.  One thing I have discovered about Melda products is that with a lot of patience and technical know how, you can get them to sound damn close to other products.  

I'm starting to think about the same idea but for Harrison plugins.

• Great Idea 1

On 6/3/2023 at 4:49 AM, El Diablo said:

That's if it's easy to cancel.  I wouldn't even try, cause I've been burned a few times with deals like this.. where you can't find a cancel button on the website, or it doesn't work and you get charged.  They might be having a holiday when you try to cancel.  Crazy stuff happens when you try to cancel.

The other issue is, now that you used the software, it's been on your computer.  How well do they handle uninstalling it? Does the software leave residue on your computer after uninstalling?

I only install / demo software I plan to keep.

It was easy to cancel the first time I had this deal. Their installer has gotten better. It used to be a real pain in the *****. I've not tried uninstalling any of it though because I just ended up buying a lot of what was in Spark outright. lol

On 6/5/2023 at 7:34 AM, dubdisciple said:

Dan Worrall has already shown that ReaEQ nulls with the harrison channel strip 

Dan make a great point , but i think his video is dangerous for non educated people ... and i think even he , was kinda off ...

i discovered since years that a great digital eq can reproduce 90 % of analog ones but the real question is would i have made those curves without A/B and the answers was abvious ....and why greaat analog eq or eq s that bring workflow enhancement (claro ect ...) are always worth ... and i ll’ take my 1081 , 32c or pultec over my pro Q 3 in a lot of scenarios ....beacuse on a kik it take me 3 sec , on a snare , 3 sec ect .... and the results are here ....

i do think analog eq are really pedagogical  and fulll digital eq s are for more advanced users that understand their role .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Dan make a great point , but i think his video is dangerous for non educated people ... and i think even he , was kinda off ...

i discovered since years that a great digital eq can reproduce 90 % of analog ones but the real question is would i have made those curves without A/B and the answers was abvious ....and why greaat manalog eq or eq s that bring workflow enhancement (claro ect ...) are alwkays worth ... and i ll’ take my 1081 , 32c or pultec over my pro Q 3 in a lot of scenarios ....beacuse on a kik it take me 3 sec , on a snare , 3 sec ect .... and the results are here ....

i do think analog eq are really pedagogical  and fulll digital eq s are for more advanced users that understand their role .

I don't think he was so much saying digital and analog made no difference but debunking Harrison's exaggerations.  From a workflow stance, i think the simplicity of the default curves are more beneficial than anything unique about sound. I agree that analytical youtubers like him and other plugin doctor types often nitpick over minor things. I have not used Harrison's but other similar plugins i have found quite useful ,even if the hype is somewhat hyperbole from a technical stance. If i can get the melda plugins to sound close to the UAD ones, good enough. Cheers

On 6/2/2023 at 12:02 PM, TheSteven said:

99 cents I can afford.

Their appeal is still offloading processing to their chips. Still useful today because of the abysmal multi-core support across most of the industry. My template runs about 40 UAD plugins off the Octo card, covering most reverbs, channel strips (on all groups), and master bus inserts, before I even start working on a project. Can't imagine working without it, at least on my main system.

Constantly bottle neck the single core limit. even on two systems with overclocked high end CPUs.

But I'm guessing they're picking up a nice bit of change on the Native stuff, since many of their emulations are still the best on the market.