Scaler Updated to Version 2.8

locrian

Available March 25th, 2023

Content:

• 66 Song Chordsets: Ambient, Anime, Synth Divisi 4 Part, Latin Jazz, Movie Theme, Reggae, J-Pop, K-Pop
  • 14 Artists Chordsets: Lloyd Brown, Pablo Sanchez
  • Expressions Patterns: EDM Bass, Melodic Bass, Sidechain Bass, Common Progression Phrases, Common Rhythms, 7/4 Rhythms, 9/4 Rhythms
  • 9 Japanese scales
  • New Slap Bass sound.
  • New guitar chord positions.
  • Group internal instruments by categories in instrument dropdown menu.

Improvements:

• Prevent CPU spikes when starting recording or using MIDI Panic
  • Improve stability on M1 systems.
  • Add compatibility with M1 Native plugins in Pro Tools.
  • Prevent OpenGL crash when saving a session from the Save popup.
  • Ensure performance parameters are reset properly when switching bind OFF.
  • Fix playback timings being reset when moving chords to empty slots or reordering slots in Section C.
  • Prevent NoteOff messages from sharing the same sample number as the next NoteOn event of the sequence.
  • Ensure notes are named correctly according to the selected scale in Modal Interchange screen and keys-lock mode.

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/scaler-2-latest-version-updates/3542

Edited by locrian
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

I resisted getting EZK2. I might look at Scalar. The reality is, the TT ecosystem is its really designed to up sell you more sounds and midi. Scalar seems to be something that exists to make you further utilized your existing investment in MIDI and sounds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I resisted getting EZK2. I might look at Scalar. The reality is, the TT ecosystem is its really designed to up sell you more sounds and midi. Scalar seems to be something that exists to make you further utilized your existing investment in MIDI and sounds.

Scaler is the only plugin I can think of that I paid $50 or more for without any remorse at all.  Many of the others there are some doubts about if it was worth it or redundant to what I already had.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I demod EK when the update was announced, but the instuments I tried (the two grands) were not impressive and the default MIDI wasn't either. Same session with Scaler 2 made me just buy it. I already have all of the VSTis I need and just wanted to get the music theory components, which are all right there without any additional purchases. Looking at the Scaler change log I am sorta glad I didn't onboard earlier in the cycle.

• Like 1

I downloaded the upgrade to Scaler last night and played with it a bit.  Then I opened EZKeys2.  I dragged a progression from Scaler into the chords section of the Bandmate area on EZKeys2.

I then put the progression into the track and used the Replace MIDI feature to convert the original Scaler progression into countless variations.   I'm amazed at this new Replace MIDI feature! 

It's a very nice workflow - Scaler to EZKeys2.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 4

On 5/25/2023 at 12:51 PM, dubdisciple said:

Scaler has given tremendous value

Personally, I would rather buy a version of it without all those samples they want you to download.  It's like 1gb or so.  Not worth my money nor time!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Personally, I would rather buy a version of it without all those samples they want you to download.  It's like 1gb or so.  Not worth my money nor time!

I didn't like it at first, but it does come handy for kicking around ideas for me.

• Like 1