Speak Your Mind

whoisp

Finished the 30 second demo at the request from many on here, i extended it. So i decided to take the track on a cakewalk stock  journey and a few other  plugins thrown in for good measure with my own created vocal, drum, bass and guitar samples which are time consuming.  So I had some fun with the little  animated heart showing cakewalk some love with the little fella dancing in the daw. 

Hope you enjoy, what you think?

• Like 4

Excellent. Music/vox: this one has all the bells and whistles. Well crafted, recorded, mixed, mastered. Video: really enjoyed seeing all the software settings, not crazy about the ladybugs though lol!!🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Excellent. Music/vox: this one has all the bells and whistles. Well crafted, recorded, mixed, mastered. Video: really enjoyed seeing all the software settings, not crazy about the ladybugs though lol!!🎶🎶🎶🎶

Its the words which related to the ladybugs, in house joke haha 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ross Smithe said:

This is very cool! Great tune, well performed and produced. And showing the CW plug in stuff is the cherry on top!

I didn't know what to do for a video, so i always wanted to learn the free OBS software so had a play 

Ive just notice "Fundamental Bass" gone on sale for £4 that's it lol, when i first bought this it was over £100 i think. Iv'e always used it for my all in one Bass chain balancing mostly on its own due to the built in simple Multiband Compressor,  hi/low filter, tube pre amp Saturation and Split-stereo Imaging for less than 5 quid its a no brainer. I use it on any bass guitar and some of the sound engineering when creating samples or synth bottom end. I would say the main  concept is in the way it splits audio into high and low modules for independent processing.

https://www.waproduction.com/plugins/view/fundamental-bass

4 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi

Sounds great and a very cool video - enjoyed that.

Mix sounds good - i might have just brought the vocals up a little but that's just me.

Otherwise all good and very enjoyable

Nigel

i noticed at a friends BBQ on his Bluetooth speakers how it pushers mid to top end so i did a few tests with my own Bluetooth and PC speakers, phones and phone with headphone's to get a average.  Iv'e notice my crappy test headphones are the best mix judgment with vocal's (best average).  

Seems most people these days listen to music through phone headphones or Bluetooth and PC speakers which really does effect bass, mid and top end, bit of a minefield really finding a average when you do something a bit Dancy which i finding out.   

Listening in the van today, and it hypes the bass and low mids. You’ve got a bass guitar and synth bass going? What I’m hearing as the bass guitar sounds really good. I’d bring the vocal up; based on what I’m hearing in the van. 
👍‘s

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Listening in the van today, and it hypes the bass and low mids. You’ve got a bass guitar and synth bass going? What I’m hearing as the bass guitar sounds really good. I’d bring the vocal up; based on what I’m hearing in the van. 
👍‘s

t

Im going to start mixing through my crap headphones lol

I was so entrenched with creating samples with the bass and drums on my monitors with sub  it appears i neglected the vocals. Maybe because i  sing along in my head and know the words it affected my judgement on the vocal level.  

This is so funny because i don't like pushing my vocals to much but my friend said the same at BBQ, that's 3 of you so im doing Instrumental next in protest lol 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:05 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Cool!  You've given us an audio-visual tour of your music creation system.  The heart character is very entertaining.  How creative!

🙂John B

Cheers John, i tried to keep it entertaining so at least i don't waste people time haha 

Hi Whoisp , youre too clever for your own good , stop it ! your putting us all to shame,,,,,, ..So well done so much in there and the video just so fine ,

how long did this take ? ...if you say Oh ! just a couple of evenings  ... I´m off to join a knitting circle ......cheers great stuff.... paul. ....

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 2:23 PM, mark skinner said:

I don't think I can add anything meaningful to what has been said. I was mesmerized by your creativity in the video. Loved all of it ..            mark 

Cheers Mark. Week off from music now 

On 5/31/2023 at 1:10 PM, Paul Bush said:

Hi Whoisp , youre too clever for your own good , stop it ! your putting us all to shame,,,,,, ..So well done so much in there and the video just so fine ,

how long did this take ? ...if you say Oh ! just a couple of evenings  ... I´m off to join a knitting circle ......cheers great stuff.... paul. ....

Haha Cheers Paul, the 30 second music clip I first was a couple hours jamming and I was not going to do anymore until people said carry on. To be fair it was a struggle and in total four weeks in evenings including some extra hours at the weekends. That is long for me because I like banging stuff out in couple of weeks. I was messing with lots of sampling which was very time consuming with my voice, the side chaining and gating with quite a bit going on round it was tricky, like some people say vocal maybe bit lounder. I was trying loads of things out and got carried away so had to stop.  

In between breaks (ears a rest) I animated the heart with headphones as I seen it on a tshirt lol, so I started in illustrator in vectors export to animation program to make movement tweaks (I know some basic animation) I did work in video and Sounds engineer for ITV. Was very time consuming so I cut corners and managed all animation with lip syncing in one evening. Did not take that long because I looped little movements and “cut them up and stuck them back together” to make them look different from one 30 second dance sequence, so saved me many hours. I can do good animation but so time consuming. You could spend all year doing a 10 min skilful sequence.

Key frames within the video edit was pretty quick layering the animation over the top of my desktop was one evening job. The whole project one month but cut mega corners on the video. I try to set myself time limits with work flow so I always know how long a project will take if someone asks me to mix or master. So I don’t get entrenched doing one thing and getting ***** with tweaks and changes but commit. I could take months doing one song without a video.

Sorry long reply