Topic was set to “closed” when I asked about news about Cakewalk

Another reason companies don't talk about features in advance is sometimes, something they think is going to work ends up being more difficult to implement than anticipated, or they feel it could be tweaked even further, so the decision is to put it off to a future release.

Cakewalk learned this lesson the hard way with their anti-gravity module. But I've probably said too much already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

I had 5 different jokes ready to go, but this being a family friendly forum has prevented me from using any of them. This is a disaster. ☹️

C'mon down to the Coffee House!

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2023 at 7:09 AM, bitflipper said:

Companies will tell you it's about protecting proprietary advantage, but it's really the same reason a band's rehearsals aren't public - you want to show the world the finished product, not how the sausage is made.

Well, given that DAW's such as Studio One 6 are still copying features that Cakewalk/SONAR has had for years, I don't think that protecting the competitive advantage is a negligible consideration. 😄

Check this out:

"Customizable user interface

The all-new Customization Editor lets you view only the tools you need for the task at hand by creating a custom user interface that works for you, and you can save your unique customization settings for instant recall.

Beginner Customizations

Default customizations are available for essential workflows so you can start with only the functions you need and add new tools as you’re ready to learn more.

Advanced Customizations

Create our own customizations from the default options and hide nearly every tool or feature you don’t need to clear away distractions at any time."

So now in Studio One 6 you can have different....spaces....in which to....work, I guess. 🙈🙉

Nice to have the sincerest form of flattery bestowed upon our favorite DAW.

On 5/6/2023 at 10:12 AM, Greg Wynn said:

All I was looking for was confirmation that there would be continued dev work - that’s it.

I didn’t ask anything about a roadmap, timetables or any feature details so I’m a bit confused as to why the thread was closed.

There will definitely be more dev work. If anything, it's the ongoing work that has resulted in in this taking longer than our usual releases, and due to various reasons, some out of our control, schedules keep changing. Hopefully in the next few weeks you folks will at least learn more about why it's been taking longer. It's definitely not that we've been idling here :)

One thing we've been attempting to work on (won't be in the immediate CbB update since work is still underway) among other big things is a big UI refresh to modernize the look of the application and support high resolution displays better, which is a huge undertaking that touches all the user interface.  And this is only the tip of the iceberg but I digress. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Yes !

And Thanks Noel.

Can we not close this fred until someone eles asks (again) the same question(s) ?

J

I would’ve closed it after Noel’s response so it doesn’t get buried in the thread.

• Great Idea 1