Topic was set to “closed” when I asked about news about Cakewalk

I don’t get it - I’ve spent a lot of money of Cakewalk since 2000 and love what Bandlab has has done with it.  There are some posts talking about an upcoming “significant” release as we’ve not seen any update activity since last November and I asked someone to point me to one of the posts as I haven’t seen any.  And for that the thread was set to “closed” ?

What’s the mystery for ?

Why make a mystery where there is not one?

If you have used Cakewalk products for 20+ years, then you know the policy about not discussing details in advance of release.

There have been a few hints by the devs and testers.

If I was curious and any information, no matter how vague, would help; I would search this forum for posts from @Noel Borthwick and @msmcleod

As for myself, I know the developers and testers are crazy busy trying to get the next release out. 

• Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

It's standard practice across the entire software (and hardware) industry to keep new versions under wraps until they're officially released.

Companies will tell you it's about protecting proprietary advantage, but it's really the same reason a band's rehearsals aren't public - you want to show the world the finished product, not how the sausage is made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All I was looking for was confirmation that there would be continued dev work - that’s it.

I didn’t ask anything about a roadmap, timetables or any feature details so I’m a bit confused as to why the thread was closed.

One of the best things about this forum compared to many is it is generally very civilized and we truly are a community that usually shows respect for each other. If a thread becomes disrespectful or off the rails it will be thankfully frozen.  
So you realize the thread was closed was not by you?  And that person seems to have read all the threads about the topic. We have very good moderators and I think they do a great job of keeping this forum on topic and respectful 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think people are getting a little touchy since this is a more lengthy gap than usual, but not out of the ordinary for software releases. There's been a few threads about it lately, and some people immediately jumping to the conclusion that the sky is falling, thus the odd replies and locked threads.

But rest assured, I posted up a reply from the CTO in one of these threads where he put the rumour to rest:

• Like 1

I'm 65 now and I figure I've only got so much time for song writing left. For me I'm only touchy because I don't want to spend that time getting used to another system.  My biggest concern is if I have a system failure or replace the machine will there be a place to get another copy of the program.

The updates have been great as well.

• Like 1