Piano-In-Blue $49

Fleer

There are a lot of piano libraries that I don't believe are good enough for me.  In this case, I'm (my playing,that is) not good enough for this piano. I completely love the sound, but I can't do it justice solo and I'm not sure it would fit with rock productions. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

There are a lot of piano libraries that I don't believe are good enough for me.  In this case, I'm (my playing,that is) not good enough for this piano. I completely love the sound, but I can't do it justice solo and I'm not sure it would fit with rock productions. 

Maybe, but the demos sound lovely.
Full sounding, no harshness in the high end, fast staccato notes sound balanced & real - makes my wallet want to crawl out of my pocket and spit my credit card at me.
If I didn't have more piano libs that I will ever use, I'd have bought it.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Maybe, but the demos sound lovely.
If I didn't have more piano libs that I will ever use, I'd have bought it.

I think you may have misunderstood what I wrote. I'm saying that I'm in love with the sound of this piano library. IMO, it's one of the best sounding piano libraries I've ever heard. It's just not a great fit for rock and, in my case, due to a physical issue, I don't have the ability to play very good solo piano or jazz pieces, which is where this piano absolutely shines. 

Even so, I may still end up with this at some point because the sound of it appeals to me so greatly. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't have the ability to play very good solo piano or jazz pieces, which is where this piano absolutely shines. 

LOL, that hasn't stopped me, my keyboard chops suck.
MIDI editing and the Piano Roll View are my friends.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 4

Hmmm, back when I was auditioning all my piano samples I wrote down that this one had some broken hammers and black-listed it. I think that means there was too much hammer noise on some samples. Doesn't anyone else hear these? Unfortunately I didn't write down which notes were the problems.

23 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I use the one in FL Studio. It loads right up and it's used for sketching.  I've stopped being a piano collector since anything I do doesn't really feature piano.  It's easy for people to get obsessed with these.

7 hours ago, fret_man said:

Hmmm, back when I was auditioning all my piano samples I wrote down that this one had some broken hammers and black-listed it. I think that means there was too much hammer noise on some samples. Doesn't anyone else hear these? Unfortunately I didn't write down which notes were the problems.

• Haha 1

I’m too lazy to grab headphones, but sounds pretty close to Noir, to me.

NI Noir: 

PIB (first 20 seconds):

Almost pulled the trigger on PIB until I heard how close they sounded. That said I don’t have professionally trained ears either, so i might be missing out here

14 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

I’m too lazy to grab headphones, but sounds pretty close to Noir, to me.

NI Noir: 

PIB (first 20 seconds):

Almost pulled the trigger on PIB until I heard how close they sounded. That said I don’t have professionally trained ears either, so i might be missing out here

The two pianos are not even remotely close in any sense beyond they're both grand pianos. I love Noire.  It's a great piano library,  gorgeous.  But it doesn't sound anything like Piano in Blue. The character of these two pianos is very different.

I use Noire in rock settings all the time too, especially when the instrumentation is largely acoustic and it sounds great in those situations. Piano in Blue sounds beautiful too, but in a very different way and I wouldn't use it in those same situations unless I specifically wanted a very jazzy sounding piano. It does sound a lot like the piano in the recordings its name references (of course,  it is that fantastic piano from those fantastic recordings,  and it is very appearant to the point that it's easily identified as such). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

The two pianos are not even remotely close in any sense beyond they're both grand pianos. I love Noire.  It's a great piano library,  gorgeous.  But it doesn't sound anything like Piano in Blue. The character of these two pianos is very different.

I use Noire in rock settings all the time too, especially when the instrumentation is largely acoustic and it sounds great in those situations. Piano in Blue sounds beautiful too, but in a very different way and I wouldn't use it in those same situations unless I specifically wanted a very jazzy sounding piano. It does sound a lot like the piano in the recordings its name references (of course,  it is that fantastic piano from those fantastic recordings,  and it is very appearant to the point that it's easily identified as such). 

Thank you, I really appreciate your perspective here—safe to say I’m strongly considering this library at this point (though I might sound reluctant at the same time), just need to plug in a good set of headphones to hear all the unique characteristics. I can think of a few applications for the jazzy-ness of this one in my productions. Over here trying to talk myself out of GAS, but this does indeed seem like a good one 🫣😆

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

Thank you, I really appreciate your perspective here—safe to say I’m strongly considering this library at this point (though I might sound reluctant at the same time), just need to plug in a good set of headphones to hear all the unique characteristics. I can think of a few applications for the jazzy-ness of this one in my productions. Over here trying to talk myself out of GAS, but this does indeed seem like a good one 🫣😆

Yeah, I meant no disrespect whatsoever -- I hope my passion for these instruments is never taken that way (as I realize it could have mistakenly been!). I just think that Noire and Piano in Blue are two of the most incredible piano sample libraries I know of. For some reason, when I play Noire, it seems to make me believe that my simplistic playing sounds better than just about any other piano library I own. Piano in Blue has a tone that, to my ears, is as good as it gets. I am in love with Bill Evans' piano playing and piano sound on the Miles Davis album "Kind of Blue" -- and I'm in love with that entire album and everything on it. But I just can't cut it on solo piano with my tendinitis and it's not in my future. Still, every time this piano goes on sale, I think about buying it! My friend, Greg, did the last demo on the landing page and Greg went to college to study jazz and is a superb pianist and bassist. I love his playing. That's the kind of pianist worthy of this library IMO.