Update: IKM - AmpliTube 5.5.6

Frank

10 hours ago, abacab said:

That's some really annoying generic change log info. I really wish IKM would list the items that were fixed or improved!

I think Amplitube changes are mostly about adding new contents! IMO not worth installation if you don't require them!

3 hours ago, MarcL said:

I think Amplitube changes are mostly about adding new contents! IMO not worth installation if you don't require them!

I didnt see any new content in this one. but i may be wrong.

it could be just better integration with ToneX. i can't tell. But used it on track yesterday. it worked well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MarcL said:

I wasn't specifically calling out Amplitube. IKM do this with most of their software products. Quite annoying, and I would prefer to know if they fixed something that affected me. Usually just ignore updates presented without specifics.

I much prefer the way that some of the other leading manufacturers, such as Arturia, provide change info for updates.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

20 minutes ago, locrian said:

It seems once a plugin becomes a resource hog, it stays that way forever.  😢

Or until you get a new computer! ;)

I have been using plugins for twenty+ years, and have lived on both sides of that issue. Every time that I upgrade my computer, it's like "life is great now, I can run anything". Then 5 years later it's "that new plugin is a CPU hog". Then after another upgrade, "life is great, I can run anything".

The circle of life!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Zo said:

Is the cpu hit bug adressed ? 

I will check it next week. But if I remember correctly, the cpu hit was lessen a few revision back. It may not be as low as we would like, it never is, but it was acceptable. I am not running an older version anymore, I use the latest.

I'll redo my tests next week and report back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I will check it next week. But if I remember correctly, the cpu hit was lessen a few revision back. It may not be as low as we would like, it never is, but it was acceptable. I am not running an older version anymore, I use the latest.

I'll redo my tests next week and report back.

Thks , you remeber the bug ? Basically a single amp presets eats a lot of cpu, switching to double amp back then to single will divide cpu by 2 !

6 hours ago, Zo said:

Thks , you remeber the bug ? Basically a single amp presets eats a lot of cpu, switching to double amp back then to single will divide cpu by 2 !

Interesting. I hadn’t heard this. I’ll have to try it. I’ve stayed away from both 4&5 still preferring 3, but now I can’t get 3 running on new DAW (another authorization issue) so I’m on the fence using 4 or 5... Mostly 4 due to the resource hit of 5...