EZkeys2 !!!!!

simon

6 minutes ago, Fleer said:

They told me any remaining EZKeys sound expansion serials won’t work for EZKeys 2. And they told me to register them before May 16th. But I’m out of options. That’s a Waves kinda policy. 

That's a bummer man. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Fleer said:

They told me any remaining EZKeys sound expansion serials won’t work for EZKeys 2. And they told me to register them before May 16th. But I’m out of options. That’s a Waves kinda policy. 

That is lame.  too bad they are not full product keys, those should sell like hotcakes at a discount due to the upgrade offer.  

You really have all the sound expansions for EZKeys?  That is quite a chunk of change.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Fleer said:

although a Waves kinda policy probably wouldn't have told you anything useful -  and said that you check back in after May to find out :)

you'll still be able to use them for EZKeys 1 expansion though ? - the MIDI and sound should work in EZKeys 2 ? or if you have the entire set maybe try to sell 'em on  ?

As has been pointed out I think the EZK expansions are changing to be more like EZB and EZD - they are calling them EKX (I think)

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Is it the same for midi? I have many unregistered EZkeys midi serials

Don’t know if it’s the same for midi, but if they’re going to hit us hard on those sound expansions …

Anyway, at least the registered  expansions and midi will run in EZKeys 2. 

But I’m still left with a Waves kind of feeling. 

• Haha 1

This is what Toontrack Support replied (literally): “we recommend selecting one of the available titles for EZK as there may not be any new libraries for EZK released once EZK 2 is out (meaning that future add-ons will be for EZK2 only).”

So when you already have all instruments you ‘d like, you’re shit out of luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

You really have all the sound expansions for EZKeys?  That is quite a chunk of change.

Yes I do, but nearly every one was bought at a discount. Still a chunk of change.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Is it the same for midi? I have many unregistered EZkeys midi serials

I need to know this as well.  I am sitting on 5 EZK Midi serials.  I only own a couple, so I could spend them for stuff I would use, but I would rather wait for EZK2 just to see what new stuff comes up.

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

I have 3. I suspect they will start creating new instrument expansions soon after release. Makes cents to do so.

I only have 1 EZKeys MIDI serial left. Prices at Thomann have risen since my last purchase. Time to $tock up. 

What are these instrument expansion serials mentioned? You buy and then sit on them for a future purchase?

On 4/3/2023 at 12:31 PM, antler said:

Fair enough - we should all use what we're happiest with using. As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. It's music, and there is no right or wrong answer.

For me, EZKeys was never about the piano sound. It was about the MIDI engine/inspiration: I'd end up piping it to Pianoteq.

I also typically  route out of EZK to other VSTi keys. Eager to hear the new grand piano that comes included. 

2 hours ago, Billy86 said:

What are these instrument expansion serials mentioned? You buy and then sit on them for a future purchase?

Yes, but they will be worthless after EZKeys 2 comes out as they are changing the way sound modules are used.

In EZKeys 1 there are 17 sound modules expansions. These will load in the new EZKeys 2.

I've never given his much attention, but it seems this is a quality product. Now I could buy into the ecosystem for 179, that's still a lot of money (too much right now, do they do sales?). But the upgrade is only 79. Is that from an instrument expansion? Or do you need the basic software, choose a soundpack to go with it, and that would be your package for 179? As they seem to have 17 versions? I'm confused.

27 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I've never given his much attention, but it seems this is a quality product. Now I could buy into the ecosystem for 179, that's still a lot of money (too much right now, do they do sales?). But the upgrade is only 79. Is that from an instrument expansion? Or do you need the basic software, choose a soundpack to go with it, and that would be your package for 179? As they seem to have 17 versions? I'm confused.

No my friend :)

As a new EZ Keys user, your best bet right now is to buy a new EZ Keys Full version at a retailer for cheap

You can get the Upright Piano Full Version or a few others for 49€ right here :

https://www.drum-tec.fr/toontrack-ezkeys-upright-piano-download

You then get a Free upgrade to EZ Keys 2 on May 16

This is what I did the other day, I had resold my EZ Keys a few years ago so didn't have any software to upgrade, when I bought this one, I was given a free upgrade.

EZ Keys 2 - 49€

You're welcome :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 4

10 minutes ago, MattMusic said:

As a new EZ Keys user, your best bet right now is to buy a new EZ Keys Full version at a retailer for cheap

This is what I did the other day, I had resold my EZ Keys a few years ago so didn't have any software to upgrade, when I bought this one, I was given a free upgrade.

EZ Keys 2 - 49€

Awesome! Will do that. €49 is a price I can do.

And do they ever do sales? In case I ever wanted to stock up on MIDI packs...

I don't know if this store does sales, I guess these are some licences they had left, haven't seen Midi Packs on their store though.

Toontrack does sales, especially around Black Friday & Christmas where Midi Packs can be bought for around 9$

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattMusic said:

I don't know if this store does sales, I guess these are some licences they had left, haven't seen Midi Packs on their store though.

Toontrack does sales, especially around Black Friday & Christmas where Midi Packs can be bought for around 9$

They changed it to about $12 last year from what I recall for the specific pack offered. 

Retail remained the same but percent off reduced.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MattMusic said:

EZ Keys 2 - 49€

So a new user/buyer can get EZ Keys 2 cheaper than the upgrade price for existing users? Nice one, Toontrack.