Waves reinstates perpetual and WUP!!!

Yan Filiatrault

33 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

The past couple of years I've been keeping my Waves licenses on a small USB that lives on my USB hub, haven't had any problems with it.

That's not the point.  It's an annoyance opening up a system without the makeshift dongle and sets off a DAW reminding you many times it's not plugged.

The moral of the story is their......licensing...........SUCKS!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zo said:

I§s it me or Waves just go back all sales in house without having to justify it to resellers and contracts ...

Former vendors do not make great friends.   See some of JrR's comments on KVR.

Edited by kitekrazy

Waves appears to have conveniently ignored the fact that I unsubscribed from any/all email communications with them subsequent to their recent buffoonery.  If they can independently WUP my unsubscribed emails, I think they should go ahead and WUP all my existing plugins too.

Good times.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3

2 hours ago, John1984 said:

And, oddly, JRR still lists 134 Waves plugins for sale.

He stopped carrying them for  a short period some time ago.  He's also on the slow side maintaining the site.    I use to buy mine from Koby.  He's removed all Waves.   BTW there was also a vendor called Waves Universe.  I could think of many titles to rename that site.

Edited by kitekrazy

12 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

He stopped carrying them for  a short period some time ago.  He's also on the slow side maintaining the site.    I use to buy mine from Koby.  He's removed all Waves.   BTW there was also a vendor called Waves Universe.  I could think of many titles to rename that site.

Optics.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Since most of us stopped getting emails from Waves I wonder if they will do what the Wusik guys does and still find a way to send them.

haha i'm wondering if waves got him in to manage this new direction 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Since most of us stopped getting emails from Waves I wonder if they will do what the Wusik guys does and still find a way to send them.

For some reason I have gotten none of the Waves emails prior to this cluster (other than registration stuff.) Post-cluster I only received pseudo-replies to the Sales and Support tickets I raised. I checked my account and I didn't turn off email notifications and none have landed in my Junk folder. Clearly this is personal.

2 hours ago, John1984 said:

For some reason I have gotten none of the Waves emails prior to this cluster (other than registration stuff.) Post-cluster I only received pseudo-replies to the Sales and Support tickets I raised. I checked my account and I didn't turn off email notifications and none have landed in my Junk folder. Clearly this is personal.

Same here. 
Clearly something rotten in the state of Israel, as the Bard would say.