Waves reinstates perpetual and WUP!!!

Yan Filiatrault

12 hours ago, fret_man said:

Same.. has anyone gotten their Waves plugins to work?

Initially when I updated them after the new Waves Central update and plugin updates , Studio One wouldn't load them, I had to do a complete full scan in Studio One by  clicking "Remove Plug-in Settings", after that they worked fine, mine are all version 14 though 🙂

EDIT: The only thing I noticed afterwards was my initial plugin size for waves was reset back to the default. 

Edited by rasure
Addition

9 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

It might be a studio 1 and waves thing.

Yes, definitely a Studio One thing. The updated Waves Central installs a new v14 Wave Shell.

Plugins for v12 were fine, but I had to force Studio One to re-scan plug-ins to pick up the new v14 Waves Shell. Apparently S1 fails to auto-detect the new point release for "14.12".

Select "Update Plug-in List" in Studio One (forces a re-scan at DAW start-up). Found in S1 Menu > View > Plug-In Manager.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Yes, definitely a Studio One thing. The updated Waves Central installs a new v14 Wave Shell.

Plugins for v12 were fine, but I had to force Studio One to re-scan plug-ins to pick up the new v14 Waves Shell. Apparently S1 fails to auto-detect the new point release for "14.12".

Select "Update Plug-in List" in Studio One (forces a re-scan at DAW start-up). Found in S1 Menu > View > Plug-In Manager.

I’d like to double or triple thank for the steps described. Very helpful!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawajava said:

I’d like to double or triple thank for the steps described. Very helpful!!

It took a bit of searching around to find the S1 Plug-In Manager.

I've no idea why PreSonus tucked that away under the "View" menu, rather than "Studio One > Options".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Thank you so much. I will try later. I was super annoyed. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 3:27 PM, abacab said:

I had contacted Waves support about the S1 problem. They responded quickly with a longish procedure to reinstall after cleaning up a number of files which solved the issue. 

The forced rescan in S1 would be a much simpler solution.

• Like 1

While that looks like a moment to celebrate, that reinstatement is just a stop gap solution to a problem Waves will reintroduce later. Don't be surprised if they plan some killer plugin and lock it behind their subscription plans. Or they slowly start fading away from their WUP  model until you the only thing you have available is subscription plans. They would force you into subscription only if they had the same relevance and weight as Adobe or Avid have. These two could force their userbase into that model (although a good portion of ProTools users are also Avid shareholders, so it's no surprise there was little drama over their subscription model by comparison).

• Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...