Acoustica Mixcraft 10

cclarry

Wow Larry- Great minds 🤪...  I just two hours ago meandered over to the Acoustica forum for my bi-monthly update on the "10" status.

by Acoustica Greg » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:35 am

Hi,

We're still hard at work on Mixcraft 10. It's taking a while, because we went back into some old spaghetti code and updated it. We've also redone the graphics so Mixcraft 10 will scale better on high resolution monitors.

We don't like to release software before it's ready just to meet a deadline.

More info will be made available as we get closer to release in the coming months.

Thank you for your patience and all your support!

Greg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

We're still hard at work on Mixcraft 10. It's taking a while, because we went back into some old spaghetti code and updated it. We've also redone the graphics so Mixcraft 10 will scale better on high resolution monitors.

58 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I suspect development resources are devoted to Cherry Audio synths at the expense of Mixcraft.

If they [Mixcraft] take their "spaghetti code" and marry it with VM's virtual cabling UI, to me that might be very worthwhile.  Using VM interconnectivity with CbB is amazing (MIDI and Audio), but if a DAW (like Mixcraft) had fully integrated patchability (i.e,, being able to connect everything via cables) it might be more intuitive for others, too.  With an overt system of virtual cables, maybe music software users would "get" all the connections that are not readily apparent because those connections can be seen. 

Edited by User 905133

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

if a DAW (like Mixcraft) had fully integrated patchability (i.e,, being able to connect everything via cables) it might be more intuitive

Doesn't Reason do this? Or is that just in the "rack?"

I had to kinda get used to the virtual patch cable visual metaphor, didn't care for it at first. Working with my beloved Glitchmachines and Unfiltered Audio FX finally made it click.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The DAW aspect of MIxcraft shows potential . Yet dealing with this company is somewhat of a waste of my precious time ...

Midi preview still isn't in Mixcraft 9 Pro and I doubt it will be added as a feature in Mixcraft 10.

My current assesment of this company is it sure likes to string people on when it comes to adding important features people actually want.

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

7 minutes ago, pbognar said:

I'm interested to see how they're going to differentiate themselves from all the free / low priced alternatives out there.

Just installed V9 just to take a look after two years. I have to say as I am spoiled by using Studio One, it doesn't impress me any more. However, I am very interested in V10, too.