Soundpaint Release 1969 Legacy Piano

cclarry

No discount for those who have the Kontakt version this time. The price is lower though.

There's a lot of interesting presets. I've bought way too many keyboard/synth libraries recently but I'm tempted.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BTP said:

No discount for those who have the Kontakt version this time. The price is lower though.

There's a lot of interesting presets. I've bought way too many keyboard/synth libraries recently but I'm tempted.

Yes. I received an email with a discount for having the 8Dio version.

Edited by Yan Filiatrault

34 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Yes. I received an email with a discount for having the 8Dio version.

For this 1969 piano? I got a code for the 1985 piano a couple of months ago but haven't got one now.

25 bucks for an interesting sounding  piano with lots of sound design presets? This is super tempting and I've been very disappointed in 8Dio's string libraries for their very inadequate KONTAKT scripting,  but scripting isn't really an issue with a piano library. Does anyone who bought this library or the original KONTAKT version want to share their thoughts on the library? 

I was already contemplating picking up their Wuli library and would also be interested in hearing anyone who bought it sharing their opinion. 

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Kontakt version >>>>>Soundpaint.    No machine limit with Kontakt. 

Despite the size of some of their Kontakt libraries, they almost seem insignificant compared to the SoundPaint versions too: 11.39GB(!) for the ZX SPECTRUM UDS Edition

On 7/14/2022 at 10:22 PM, abacab said:

Maybe Soundpaint should just start distributing their new libraries on a disk drive? SSD preferably!

EWQL used to do that. I think Spitfire still does? Today a terabyte takes 22 hours to download with a 100 Mbps connection anyway.

I just find it difficult to justify allocating 73 GB for DX7, 85 GB for Jupiter 8, and 52 GB for Juno 60 samples...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John Bradley said:

That’s why I love the Arturia synths and just don’t ‘get’ Syntronik. 

I have them both, and enjoy them. From the usage standpoint with modelling, Arturia definitely has the advantage. But the Syntronik synths can sometimes sound more realistic. Maybe because they sampled real vintage synths? And the new samples and synth engine in Syn 2.0 are even better!

But I won't be collecting any more sampled synths, that is for sure! The house is full! 😂

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I have them both, and enjoy them. From the usage standpoint with modelling, Arturia definitely has the advantage. But the Syntronik synths can sometimes sound more realistic. Maybe because they sampled real vintage synths? And the new samples and synth engine in Syn 2.0 are even better!

But I won't be collecting any more sampled synths, that is for sure! The house is full! 😂

"But I won't be collecting any more sampled synths, that's for sure!"

I don't believe any of us when we say stuff like that,  including me.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

"But I won't be collecting any more sampled synths, that's for sure!"

I don't believe any of us when we say stuff like that,  including me.  

No, really! And I've actually been deleting some sampled synths that I own and never use, such as from UVI and Tracktion.

I've set a hard limit for my disk space to use for sampled libraries. Orchestral and other "real" instruments make sense, but synths, nah not really. I'll allow Syntronik to remain, but that's it!

Arturia is my go-to now! :)

2 hours ago, abacab said:

No, really! And I've actually been deleting some sampled synths that I own and never use, such as from UVI and Tracktion.

I've set a hard limit for my disk space to use for sampled libraries. Orchestral and other "real" instruments make sense, but synths, nah not really. I'll allow Syntronik to remain, but that's it!

Well, I do want to encourage you. If you can pull it off, I hope you can start a support group for the rest of us to show us how it's done. As it stands today, I'm still in the cycle of BUY-BUY-BUY (for mostly KONTAKT sample libraries, but not any very expensive ones anymore) then BUY A NEW HARD DRIVE.  But I've been trying to cut back, largely inspired by running out of hard drive space and holding on purchasing yet another drive. 

Arturia does make really nice stuff. I've liked every purchase I've made of their plugins (and the freebies as well).  Top notch stuff. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Enough.
There I've said it.
I'm not going down this path unless 8dio gives me a no or looow cost reason to abandon their Kontakt line and free up that disk space.
Sure it has some nice demos but so do a lot of other libraries that I've not invested in.

• Great Idea 2

12 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Enough.
There I've said it.
I'm not going down this path unless 8dio gives me a no or looow cost reason to abandon their Kontakt line and free up that disk space.
Sure it has some nice demos but so do a lot of other libraries that I've not invested in.

I don't think SoundPaint is supposed to replace Kontakt; it's either to supplement Kontakt, or to act as 'Kontakt Player', i.e. no upfront costs required.

In the case of the former, it's a case of pick the right tool for the right job - Kontakt for more detailed realistic sounds; SoundPaint for synths/sound design.

On 7/17/2022 at 1:20 PM, abacab said:

I've gotten that way.  BTW Arturia takes up some disk space like 30gb.

Programmers do a great job using Kontakt as a synth.  People are trying to reinvent the wheel with synths.

As for pianos I don't really need anymore since.  Most of them time my choice for pianos are often the ones that load quick on a HDD. 

My largest sample libraries happen to be IK.  They take up over 800gb.  I don't think I'll move those to a SSD anytime soon. The loading times are pretty decent on a HDD.