New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Reid Rosefelt

We have a  policy now that we all understand.  Thank you @Wookiee for making this clear. 

When people break these rules in the future, let's just tell them about it.  Nobody needs to be reported.   Let them know what the rules are and hopefully they will abide by them. 

Going forward, what's fair for one should be fair for all. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Agreed! Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed it yet, the posts here are indexed and searchable in Google searches. So this forum could be (mis)used as a marketing platform. Probably best to avoid commercialization here.

Businesses can set up shop at sites like KVR or VI-Control if they want to actively market a product within the site's respective guidelines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Let them know what the rules are and hopefully they will abide by them. 

It's the optimum solution I truly would much rather spend time creating more musical noise? Than spend time explaining the rules, which are in place for the best interests of all.

• Like 2

Anyhoo, moving on!

We've made two small changes:

1. Previously the manufacturer page (eg. Project SAM) would not show any listing if there was no deals. We've updated it now so that you can toggle "Show Expired Deals" or "Don't Show Expired Deals" making it easier to just visit a particular manufacturer page and see only their deals

2. We've added all of the brands that we have data on to the "Manufacturers" dropdown menu. It previously only showed the companies that were on sale (300+) but now shows all companies (600+)

More updates shortly!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Wookiee said:

It's the optimum solution I truly would much rather spend time creating more musical noise? Than spend time explaining the rules, which are in place for the best interests of all.

I have noticed more recently that some people are using referral links, so are those allowed?

There have been a lot of 8Dio and Soundpaint links of this type, although more on VIC and KVR than here. In this case they get an account credit rather than money. Not sure how it works with other vendors.

It doesn't bother me when regular posters include them when they post a deal, but I have recently seen people on VIC open an account and immediately start posting them.

2 minutes ago, Technostica said:

I have noticed more recently that some people are using referral links, so are those allowed?

There have been a lot of 8Dio and Soundpaint links of this type, although more on VIC and KVR than here. In this case they get an account credit rather than money. Not sure how it works with other vendors.

It doesn't bother me when regular posters include them when they post a deal, but I have recently seen people on VIC open an account and immediately start posting them.

As the sticky notes

No direct links in the body of your post if you are going to profit in anyway.

If you are just an ordinary Joe or Jane who has found a cool deal and want to share it with the users here then a link in the body is permitted.

Does that clarify?

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 4:19 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

On 10/27/2022 at 4:41 PM, abacab said:

Agreed! Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed it yet, the posts here are indexed and searchable in Google searches. So this forum could be (mis)used as a marketing platform. Probably best to avoid commercialization here.

Businesses can set up shop at sites like KVR or VI-Control if they want to actively market a product within the site's respective guidelines.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:19 AM, abacab said:
On 10/28/2022 at 7:39 AM, Wookiee said:

No direct links in the body of your post if you are going to profit in anyway.

That clarification is direct and to the point! Don't see how anyone could be confused by that!

While I recognize these points and others raised, I felt that MSD's previous website presented more as an informational resource. On a number of occasions I have used the price comparisons to help make purchasing decisions. Also, I found the historical prices valuable in helping to decide if a so-called deal was really a deal.  In all cases when I decided to make a purchase based on the information, I went the manufacturer directly, or to a different vendor where I would get a perk or could use rewards for the purchase, or one of the several vendor MSD listed as part of their informational service.

On the other hand, there are businesses selling products that have never been contributors in any way to the forum other than to announce the products they sell.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:19 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

When people break these rules in the future, let's just tell them about it.  Nobody needs to be reported.   Let them know what the rules are and hopefully they will abide by them. 

As a Cakewalk user with no official affiliation, I don't think it is my role to tell a business that they have violated the rules. 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos

7 hours ago, User 905133 said:

As a Cakewalk user with no official affiliation, I don't think it is my role to tell a business that they have violated the rules

That's the moderator's job to decide and communicate. All you can do is report any post that you feel breaks the rules, if you feel that action is justified.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, User 905133 said:

As a Cakewalk user with no official affiliation, I don't think it is my role to tell a business that they have violated the rules. 

It is probably worth noting that all mods are volunteers, who may also have been invited to the role having previously been mods on the old Cakewalk forums. 

We get nothing for doing it, we are not in anyway affiliated, we don't receive any form of reward financial or otherwise. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

One of the best websites ever, I haven't spent so much money, and yet saved so much money, since I was made aware of musicsoftwaredeals and a couple of other sites. Excellent service👍👍👍

. . . and wth has happened to this place? threads being locked, people dobbing in OP's, the LAW being laid down at the top of the deals 1st page, what have we come to?

Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question, I have just read all the ins and outs regarding the sad turn of events that have taken place here of late.

As you were 👨‍🍳

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Some more quick updates:

- Moved the "manufacturer" and "store" dropdowns around so the manufacturer dropdown is in the main section you see. Some users said they wanted to sort by manufacturer more than just select stores

- Added a slider for discount % so you can only show products on discount between X and X price

- We've improved how we show products that were on sale previously. Now when it shows as product is not on sale, it will show the normal price, "Not on Sale" and "Last sale price" (see screenshot)

- Added notice about affiliate links to the website 

More updates coming again soon!

not on sale.PNG.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Wow, you're really doing a great job with your site, @Music Software Deals. From the content to the design and your responsiveness, great job. 

Thanks. Have lots of cool features coming soon hopefully. Just need to make a few updates to how we process the data first to make it easier to sort and filter, as well as make everything more accurate going forward then we can continue with new features again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

Thanks. Have lots of cool features coming soon hopefully. Just need to make a few updates to how we process the data first to make it easier to sort and filter, as well as make everything more accurate going forward then we can continue with new features again. 

Spring backend, running on WildFly + JSF & PrimeFaces in the front?

On 11/4/2022 at 5:23 AM, Music Software Deals said:

More updates coming again soon!

Just a quick suggestion regarding the date format used on the price history pages. 5 Nov 2022 is shown in the DD/MM/YYYY format as 05/11/2022, which could be misinterpreted as 11 May 2022 in some regions.

Can you please change this to something like YYYY-MM-DD so it reads more clearly as 2022-11-05 for 5 Nov 2022?

Great job so far! Thanks!

Memorymode sale price history at MSD.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:23 PM, abacab said:

Just a quick suggestion regarding the date format used on the price history pages. 5 Nov 2022 is shown in the DD/MM/YYYY format as 05/11/2022, which could be misinterpreted as 11 May 2022 in some regions.

Can you please change this to something like YYYY-MM-DD so it reads more clearly as 2022-11-05 for 5 Nov 2022?

Great job so far! Thanks!

Memorymode sale price history at MSD.PNG

Hi good point actually. Maybe we should just write the date in word format just to make it clearer?

• Great Idea 2

We've also just added a couple more quick search options. Now there are the following quick searches:

• Free
  • Under $5
  • Under $10
  • Latest deals (all active deals sorted from newest to oldest)
  • Over 70% off
  • Kontakt Player deals
  • Reverb plugin deals
  • Synth plugin deals

We've accurately categorised a large majority of the 16k products in the database now so you should see this reflected in the search results :)

• Like 6

Yes, YYYY-MM-DD format would be the best choice.

IMO "Last scan: 2 h 4 min ago" would be better than "Last scan: 04:23 GMT | 11 Nov 2022". I assume it's always just hours.

When you click the product name, it takes you to the seller page. I think it should function like clicking the image and take you to the product page on your site.