New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Reid Rosefelt

Today we added further filtering options to make your search results and the products you see listed more accurate. These new options are in the "More Options" dropdown and as you can see from the attached screenshot allow you to show/hide the following product types from search results:

- Upgrade/crossgrade versions

- Educational versions

- Presets/expansion packs

- Bundles

- Sample packs

By default these will all be unticked so products that are in these categories are hidden from search results. This should help declutter search results and help you see exactly what you want to see.

categorised.PNG

• Like 2

From my phone, I searched for "Reason 12", got no results. I see on your manufacturer's list that you have Propellerhead, which I think is their old name, but no products under that, either.

Unless it's a mobile phone search issue, you may want to add Reason Studios and Reason 12. ?

Thanks, its a great site, especially for BF!

15 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

From my phone, I searched for "Reason 12", got no results. I see on your manufacturer's list that you have Propellerhead, which I think is their old name, but no products under that, either.

Unless it's a mobile phone search issue, you may want to add Reason Studios and Reason 12. ?

Thanks, its a great site, especially for BF!

There are no current deals for Reason, but if you tick the "Show Expired Deals" button it will show you Reason:

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?jsf=jet-engine:main&_s=reason&meta=active_prices_count!check-range:0_100

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Music Software Deals said:

There are no current deals for Reason, but if you tick the "Show Expired Deals" button it will show you Reason:

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?jsf=jet-engine:main&_s=reason&meta=active_prices_count!check-range:0_100

Ah, there we go, thanks! Perhaps instead of "no results found" it might say "no current deals found". ? Just a refinement that ups the user experience for dolts like me 😙

We've just added much requested feedback for being able to exclude specific manufacturers, categories and stores from your search results.

If you click on the "More Options" link below your search results, you'll see the new functionality there (see screenshot)

So now you can get really focused results by including/excluding:

- Bundles

- Upgrades

- Educational versions

- Presets/expansion packs

- Sample packs

- Specific stores

- Specific manufacturers

- Specific categories (like instruments, FX, compressors, reverbs etc.)

Once you've setup your filters, you'll see the URL will update with the new filtering results - just save that URL and whenever you come back to it again it will still have the same filters.

options.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 4:35 PM, mibby said:

Awesome MSD guy! Thanks!

BTW, I am not getting email alerts.  I have one set up for a Kuassa Amp that is on sale and didn't receive an alert.  :(

Same here, but I check the site every day like the crackhead that I am anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Think I caught two more bugs/errors:

1) this seems to be some database relic: https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/price-history/Resonate-by-Spitfire-Audio-36959/ It isn't on sale.

2) the setting "new historical low" for price alerts seems to default to <$0.395247595_Screenshot2022-11-22at07_29_36.png.1f3616208a35e634aef6373e4461682b.png

Thanks for reporting!

1. This is basically an issue with how the backend of our system works. We're changing it all at the moment which is why you may seem some small things like this but eventually this will be fixed :)

2. That setting means anything from $0 upwards to the current lowest price :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note - we've updated our database to improve how we handle all of the information. This in turn should have removed all of the minor issues you've seen like a few products having a very high price as well as some products showing as "Deal" or "On Sale" when not on sale. Everything should be a lot more accurate overall now instead :)

Black Friday was absolute madness with hundreds of deals being published each day so we're working our way through any duplicates and re-categorising everything (eg. Plugin > Compressor) .

You'll also notice that the product URLs make a bit more sense now - no more numbers at the end of them, just standard URLs as our database doesn't need the numbers anymore :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, mibby said:

Awesome MSD guy! Thanks!

BTW, I am not getting email alerts.  I have one set up for a Kuassa Amp that is on sale and didn't receive an alert.  :(

Just a heads up MSD guy. I'm not getting any email reminders. I've had Audio Thing's Other Desert Cities in my list for quite a while. It's on sale now and no email.  :(

27 minutes ago, mibby said:

Just a heads up MSD guy. I'm not getting any email reminders. I've had Audio Thing's Other Desert Cities in my list for quite a while. It's on sale now and no email.  :(

I noticed some sale prices are very outdated last time I checked. It showed just about everything I came across from 8Dio for 70% off when it was regular price and hadn't been on sale for weeks. I think there are clearly some issues with the site's data freshness.