New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Reid Rosefelt

I see you're getting ready for a new release and the Stores drop down has broken 300! Things are really looking great! 

---------------------------------

Some notes:

1. Kuassa doesn't seems to be showing at JRR anymore, but it's still on sale.
  2. When I Delete one of my Email Alerts, the page format changes to just a plain list without sortable columns.
  3. I'm not getting emails from your site from my alerts since the first one I posted earlier in this thread somewhere.  For example, Softube Tape has been off and on sale and I haven't seem an email. (Not in Spam either)
  4. Also, Bleass Slow Machine looks like it's been perpetually on sale in my Alerts since Feb 2022 for $10. But it is $19 at PluginBoutique.

Edited by mibby

48 minutes ago, mibby said:

I see you're getting ready for a new release and the Stores drop down has broken 300! Things are really looking great!

I love that site, one of the first sites I visit everyday, that and another 3 which I think were mentioned earlier on in this thread, and may perhaps be related,

AudioProductioDeals

Plugin Resellers Price Check

Music Software and Plugin Deals

The Cakewalk Deals Sub forum is fast becoming irrelevant to me, no offense, it's just easier to find what I want or am looking for at these other sites. If anything I look at it as a silver lining to Larry's departure, probably would never have bothered looking, or finding/trying these other sites otherwise.

Awesome. 👍

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 11:54 AM, mibby said:

---------------------------------

Some notes:

1. Kuassa doesn't seems to be showing at JRR anymore, but it's still on sale.
  2. When I Delete one of my Email Alerts, the page format changes to just a plain list without sortable columns.
  3. I'm not getting emails from your site from my alerts since the first one I posted earlier in this thread somewhere.  For example, Softube Tape has been off and on sale and I haven't seem an email. (Not in Spam either)
  4. Also, Bleass Slow Machine looks like it's been perpetually on sale in my Alerts since Feb 2022 for $10. But it is $19 at PluginBoutique.

Thanks for the feedback @mibby

1. Kuassa is on JRR here: https://www.jrrshop.com/kuassa   and also on MSD here: https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?manufacturer=kuassa (we're tidying up the entries at the moment)

2. If you refresh the page after deleting an email alert, does the sortable columns come back? If so, this is on our fix list :)

3. Hmm will check that thanks

4. Thanks for reporting, checking that now!

Here's another one. I've been watching the Bleass stuff. (Manufacturer)  It is no longer on sale at  PB so has dropped off the Manufacturer list because it's not on sale. If I Uncheck "Show only products on sale", it still doesn't show up...

PS. It would be great if you scraped their website:  https://www.bleass.com

...and https://korneffaudio.com/, and https://thehouseofkush.com/collections/plugins

🙂

On 9/2/2022 at 12:38 PM, mibby said:

Here's another one. I've been watching the Bleass stuff. (Manufacturer)  It is no longer on sale at  PB so has dropped off the Manufacturer list because it's not on sale. If I Uncheck "Show only products on sale", it still doesn't show up...

PS. It would be great if you scraped their website:  https://www.bleass.com

...and https://korneffaudio.com/, and https://thehouseofkush.com/collections/plugins

🙂

If you search for "BLEASS" it will show you the products:

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?manufacturer=&searchbox=bleass&price_from=0&price_to=9999&sale_only=false

I think the new design should make things a lot more clear once we release it. Will also double check this manufacturer as it seems the current prices haven't updated.

We are currently adding a few new direct company sites to scraping (Oeksound being one) so will try add the ones you've suggested!

4 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

If you search for "BLEASS" it will show you the products:

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?manufacturer=&searchbox=bleass&price_from=0&price_to=9999&sale_only=false

I think the new design should make things a lot more clear once we release it. Will also double check this manufacturer as it seems the current prices haven't updated.

We are currently adding a few new direct company sites to scraping (Oeksound being one) so will try add the ones you've suggested!

I was expecting it to show up in the Manufacturer drop-down when the "Show only products on sale" was checked (or not). I mean, ANY Manufacturer is going to be "On Sale" or "Not On Sale" or "Both"...  I realize that means you may have to reload the drop-down when that toggle is changed, but it seems more accurate.

One little niggle: since we're talking about software, my preference would be "Developer" or even "Designer" vs "Manufacturer".  🙂

Looking forward to seeing the next revision!

Edited by mibby

20 hours ago, mibby said:

I was expecting it to show up in the Manufacturer drop-down when the "Show only products on sale" was checked (or not). I mean, ANY Manufacturer is going to be "On Sale" or "Not On Sale" or "Both"...  I realize that means you may have to reload the drop-down when that toggle is changed, but it seems more accurate.

One little niggle: since we're talking about software, my preference would be "Developer" or even "Designer" vs "Manufacturer".  🙂

Looking forward to seeing the next revision!

OK so if we change the following would that be useful?

1. Change "manufacturer" to "company"? (some people might not understand what developer means)

2. Update the dropdown list to show all companies even if their products are not on sale? That will show all of their products, then when you use the "show products on sale" toggle it will show/unshow their products on sale?

3 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

1. Change "manufacturer" to "company"? (some people might not understand what developer means)

2. Update the dropdown list to show all companies even if their products are not on sale? That will show all of their products, then when you use the "show products on sale" toggle it will show/unshow their products on sale?

1. That works for me.  :)

2. This seems like a good solution. You wouldn't have to worry about reloading it every time too.  

I've only just now realized you can type into the fill-in when the drop-down is activated!  That makes this super userful feature even better and quicker to get to the Company you're looking for!  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mibby said:

2. This seems like a good solution. You wouldn't have to worry about reloading it every time too.  

I've only just now realized you can type into the fill-in when the drop-down is activated!  That makes this super userful feature even better and quicker to get to the Company you're looking for!  👍

Great just added those to our development list - will try update it this week or with our new design once that's released :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mibby said:

We've made those changes now. There are a few duplicate (mis-spelled) company names that we're removing now from the list but there are 570+ companies :)

Edited by Music Software Deals
  • Like 1

Hey! I see we got an update with "Company" instead of "Manufacturer"!  I also got some Price Alert emails! And very nicely formatted and slick looking. Well done!

Some observations:

1. The email body reads: "You are receiving this email because you subscribed to receive alerts when the price for the following products changed".  You are only showing 1 product at a time so - product(s) = product. (not plural)

2. "Available on discount here" button - it takes me to a specific store when the item is on sale in multiple stores. For example, the button on the Price Alert email for Kuassa's Caliburn Amp takes me to KVR (https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/amplifikation-caliburn-by-kuassaIt seems like it should go to "Price History" like the other links above it. That way I can choose which store to purchase from.

3. The "Unsubscribe from alerts on this product" takes me to Price History. All I can do there is ADD and alert for the one I just got an email for. (?) 

4. "Unsubscribe from all alerts or update all of your alerts" - this one takes me to MY Alerts page, which is where I'd expect to go in No. 2 above also.

IMO, you could simplify No. 3 and 4 above and combine them into just one link that goes to MY Alerts page. Maybe something simple like "Manage Your Alerts"?  That's the place to go and remove any alerts I no longer want, check on others, etc.

In other words, you would only have 2 links on the Price Alert email: 1. Price History and 2. MY Alerts page to maintain my email alerts

I love what you're doing with this site! I wish I had thought of it.   :)

9 hours ago, mibby said:

Hey! I see we got an update with "Company" instead of "Manufacturer"!  I also got some Price Alert emails! And very nicely formatted and slick looking. Well done!

Some observations:

1. The email body reads: "You are receiving this email because you subscribed to receive alerts when the price for the following products changed".  You are only showing 1 product at a time so - product(s) = product. (not plural)

2. "Available on discount here" button - it takes me to a specific store when the item is on sale in multiple stores. For example, the button on the Price Alert email for Kuassa's Caliburn Amp takes me to KVR (https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/amplifikation-caliburn-by-kuassaIt seems like it should go to "Price History" like the other links above it. That way I can choose which store to purchase from.

3. The "Unsubscribe from alerts on this product" takes me to Price History. All I can do there is ADD and alert for the one I just got an email for. (?) 

4. "Unsubscribe from all alerts or update all of your alerts" - this one takes me to MY Alerts page, which is where I'd expect to go in No. 2 above also.

IMO, you could simplify No. 3 and 4 above and combine them into just one link that goes to MY Alerts page. Maybe something simple like "Manage Your Alerts"?  That's the place to go and remove any alerts I no longer want, check on others, etc.

In other words, you would only have 2 links on the Price Alert email: 1. Price History and 2. MY Alerts page to maintain my email alerts

Hi @mibbythanks for this feedback again, this is incredibly useful as always. Just added it for the developers now and we'll make those changes asap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mibby said:

Some observations:

Here's the new email layout - is that better now? Both links go to the price history page and the "manage your alerts" goes to your price alerts page.

email.PNG

• Like 1