ALWAYS

Supa Reels

18 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

👍's from me!

t

#edm, really? and what the hey is metapop? the good thing there, I could listen without having to join.
couldn't "like" or "comment", but small price to pay...

Always love your comments Tom LOL ... Right 1) I put EDM 'cause it gets more hits than 'love song' and I added the wrong link, now rectified. Metapop is my Komplete site, that I joined when I bought my S88 keyboard.

Thanks for the comments mate

ATB

Steve

( Are you still using the 1884 without problems, if you are I am well impressed, it's a great board but I had issues with my 1082 years ago and swapped it for a Behringer  X Touch .. still miss the Tascam though it was a great bit'o'kit )

Edited by SupaReels
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

This is nice Steve, I do wonder if the vocal is a little to dry, could just be my furry ears. :) 

I Wooks .. I tried a little more reverb but it became a bit complicated due sibilance  and then the obvious Eq'ing it out. I guess I kinda liked it when it when through the process, but you have a valid point 😉

Keep well

Steve

Lovely and to the point. I Really liked the kick drum especially in the first sections. I actually liked the vocal processing and how it sounded like you were close and singing quietly . It sounded natural as it would without adding too much reverb. Enjoyed the laid back listen ..   mark

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Steve

Like this a lot - i also like the recording and general mix - really clear - this is a really good track - nice song great lyrics

Vocals to me sound OK - always a trade off for me  - more reverb / more imperfections perhaps!!

cool

Nigel

Thanks for taking the time Nigel ... you are correct not surprisingly There were a surprising amount of tracks and folders for this one and I think you have to pare back the desire to overuse the toys for the sake of where one started with an idea .... thanks so much for your comment it really means a lot.

ATB

Steve

Steve, it's a beautiful song.

Voc is  front and center just where it should be.
Strings come in at just the right time.

Some picky notes I took while listening:
Almost seems like a different song starting ~2:00. IDK maybe the accompaniment changed a lot there. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just something that caught my attention.
A few plosive 'k' sounds here and there.
The keys are a tad loud at 2:40.

Your voice matches the mood in most of your music, or maybe it's the other way around. Anyway, nice work on this one, Steve.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

This song has a lot of feel, and your instrument choices are fresh and interesting. It seems to offer a unique take on the well-travelled territory "love song".

I like how your lyrics actually say something. Vocals are for me a tad too forward,ŷ perhaps, and sibilant in spots, but that's a tough one to fix if compressors are required for the vocal. Soothe is great but even better is to zoom in on the audio wave, find the "footballs" that are almost always preceding your s word, and volume automate the guts out of that football.

I fully realize that what I just wrote is very nearly incomprehensible, but on the off chance it isn't, there we go.

Very good song! I also enjoyed the others on Soundcloud . . . you are a good writer!

6 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve, it's a beautiful song.

Voc is  front and center just where it should be.
Strings come in at just the right time.

Some picky notes I took while listening:
Almost seems like a different song starting ~2:00. IDK maybe the accompaniment changed a lot there. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just something that caught my attention.
A few plosive 'k' sounds here and there.
The keys are a tad loud at 2:40.

Your voice matches the mood in most of your music, or maybe it's the other way around. Anyway, nice work on this one, Steve.
-Bjorn

Many thanks Bjorn and your observation @ T2.00 is correct, I split the song in two as the m8 became an m16 .. so much too long, this arrangement worked for me and I liked the way it built to the strings. Have to say it's amazing how you guys pick up on the detail, I thought that would just be quirky .. but nope! you see through my little plan LOL😏.

I used a, SHUREsm58 for this one and it sounded OK but I can see now it may have been better to use the RODE's, as is my usual goto ... or maybe not ...

Thanks for the great comment and your input Bjorn 👊

ATB & stay well

Steve

5 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

This song has a lot of feel, and your instrument choices are fresh and interesting. It seems to offer a unique take on the well-travelled territory "love song".

I like how your lyrics actually say something. Vocals are for me a tad too forward,ŷ perhaps, and sibilant in spots, but that's a tough one to fix if compressors are required for the vocal. Soothe is great but even better is to zoom in on the audio wave, find the "footballs" that are almost always preceding your s word, and volume automate the guts out of that football.

I fully realize that what I just wrote is very nearly incomprehensible, but on the off chance it isn't, there we go.

Very good song! I also enjoyed the others on Soundcloud . . . you are a good writer!

Well' here's the thing Tom .. the whole song was something that came to me as I was listening to Winterset .... you wrote a beautiful piece there and it really moved me, I started to write words and this song came to fruition ... so thanks for that .. I think LOL

As said in my response above to Bjorn, I used a SHURE SM58 which as you know has a different characteristics and roll off to a condenser Mic, in this case a RODE 1 or 2 A, my usual goto and a bit lazy with the vocal mix as I could have done so much better . and didn't. I'll take another pass with this when fresh to my old ears cause I think it's a good song.

I take what you say about the mix very seriously and without meaning to sound patronizing your work is right up there, so I have a lot of respect for your input ... Hmm that's a bit creepy but .. none the less, true.

Thanks for the compliment and your time

ATB

Steve

21 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Lovely and to the point. I Really liked the kick drum especially in the first sections. I actually liked the vocal processing and how it sounded like you were close and singing quietly . It sounded natural as it would without adding too much reverb. Enjoyed the laid back listen ..   mark

Thanks for listening Mark and your comments, glad you liked this one

Steve