Your 2020 best purchase ?

Zo

3 hours ago, Marshall said:

Your post finally persuaded me to buy Scaler 2 (didn’t own version 1).I have thought about it for a long time! I have also bought the Producer’s guide to Scaler 2 video series which gives step by step guidance in an extremely clear manner. Just as when I got EZKeys years ago, I’m hopeful Scaler will bring massive benefits to my songwriting! Only an hour in and it seems awesome 😃

I have EZ Keys as well and have used it a bit.  I find the interface a bit clunky by comparison (not to mention it really needs a scalable GUI).  

You can also use the two products in tandem.  Create a basic chord progression in Scaler, then drag those midi files into EZ Keys and apply the "style" to those files.  Then export that midi.

• Great Idea 1

46 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

My best - and most-expensive - purchase this year turned out to also be the biggest waste of money. A new PA for the band, which I bought in January when bands were still a thing and I still had a paying job.

Sounds great, though.

Same! A pair of Yamaha DXR12s w/covers, speaker stands with the locking elevator risers (to help my poor back) w/carrying bag, Presonus StudioLive 32R Stage Box, Wifi router, Triplett rack supply, Gator wheeled case to lug the electronics in (to help my poor back),  ethernet, mic, and heavy-duty extension cords. IIRC, cost near $4k and have never been able to use it yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

How do you like the Roland RD-88?

Nice piece. Sturdy. The same PHA-4 action with escapement as in the FP-60. Speakers (tweeters and woofers) for home. Reworked acoustic and electric SuperNatural pianos, plus 3000 Zen-Core sounds including famous Roland synths. Capable of loading Zen-Core sound banks. Compatible with MainStage. All in all, quite remarkable stage piano plus synth for the price. And without particle board (mdf) underneath, unlike most 88s. Also, relatively light and small, with CC control on top. 

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Nice piece. Sturdy. The same PHA-4 action with escapement as in the FP-60. Speakers (tweeters and woofers) for home. Reworked acoustic and electric SuperNatural pianos, plus 3000 Zen-Core sounds including famous Roland synths. Capable of loading Zen-Core sound banks. Compatible with MainStage. All in all, quite remarkable stage piano plus synth for the price. And without particle board (mdf) underneath, unlike most 88s. Also, relatively light and small, with CC control on top. 

Hmmm.......I considered getting this to use as a midi controller, but then I think, well the RD2000 looks like it would be much better, then I think, if I'm going to pony up for that I might as well go the whole way and get the Fantom and then I think, no that would be stupid......you only need a midi controller and then I think...but most of them are like childrens toys, I want something better than that, so I think....I wonder if the RD88 might be the way to go..............

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

New home in a lovely village in the Yorkshire dales. Friendly neighbourhood and lovely scenery in these times are priceless!. Plus the studio space in cellar is awesome now.

Please say hello to Seigfried, Tristan, James, and Helen for me! The Dales is on my bucket list . . . enjoy!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

My best - and most-expensive - purchase this year turned out to also be the biggest waste of money. A new PA for the band, which I bought in January when bands were still a thing and I still had a paying job.

Sounds great, though.

Some nicely extended range for your primal screams . . .

• Haha 1

Best purchase was the Garritan Yamaha Abbey Road CFX piano for 159.

All other pianos have been sent to a lovely farm upstate.

(Except for Pianoteq, which we left on a hillside to die of exposure)

. . . and a happy New Year to the Deals forum!

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, paulo said:

Hmmm.......I considered getting this to use as a midi controller, but then I think, well the RD2000 looks like it would be much better, then I think, if I'm going to pony up for that I might as well go the whole way and get the Fantom and then I think, no that would be stupid......you only need a midi controller and then I think...but most of them are like childrens toys, I want something better than that, so I think....I wonder if the RD88 might be the way to go..............

I'm waiting on my Fantom 6 to go with the RD-88 :)

The RD-2000 and the Fantom 8 are too unwieldy for me so that ruled them out. 

18 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I'm waiting on my Fantom 6 to go with the RD-88 :)

The RD-2000 and the Fantom 8 are too unwieldy for me so that ruled them out. 

Wielding not an issue for me as I won't be taking it anywhere. I'm not greedy, so a Fantom 7 would do. Just waiting for Larry to come up with a 50% off deal.😀