Your 2020 best purchase ?

Zo

Scaler 2 update from Scaler 1.  Great value which has seen more updates.

No other plug-in or gear purchase has made me want to create music like that one has.  

Lots of other cool sound manipulation tools but nothing has held a candle to Scaler for inspiration and just wanting to create something.  

• Like 4

Melodyne 5 Assistant!   ...and Studio One Pro 5 upgrade.  Why? I've NEVER seen either of those cheaper than what Larsey pointed us to!  Sorry, I can't pick just one.  And thanks again Lars!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 3

In terms of bang for the buck it was a recent lump of rob papen purchases with cascaded discounts by way of loyalty cash at time&space.

Only had punch2 from RP, but bought Go2 for £15 then added Blade 2 and blue 2 (by way of sound design-x upgrade bundle) for £30.   So £45 for the 3 and I still have some loyalty cash to play with.

They all bring something interesting to the table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Honestly:
Sabrent 4TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-4TB)

And now I'm considering filling my second NVMe slot with this:

Sabrent Rocket Q 8TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3300/2900MB/s (SB-RKTQ-8TB)

I would love to add a 4tb NVMe to my Lenovo ExtremeX1. It’s my understanding though that the slot only accepts “single sided” drives, while the Rockets are double -sided. Unfortunately, I know of no single sided 4tb NVMe .....although I have fingers crossed that someone will come out with one . I currently have a 2tb in that slot.

Probably the Izotope Music Production Suite 4 license transfer I got off a guy on kvr for $188.

Lol it made me feel a bit bad for this dude I saw on Facebook posting about how proud he was for scoring MPS4 for $500, down from $1000. It was a reminder that a lot of folks still don't know about the great deals you can get even just from JRR and Everyplugin et al, let alone the crazy private deals that can be had on kvr. I'm talking about the guys who are still buying their plugins from Sweetwater, paying full price PLUS tax.

our plugin geekdom pays off.. big f'n time

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Honestly:
Sabrent 4TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-4TB)

And now I'm considering filling my second NVMe slot with this:

Sabrent Rocket Q 8TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3300/2900MB/s (SB-RKTQ-8TB)

Mat , the problem is that then you will want to fullfill them..... 

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

Probably the Izotope Music Production Suite 4 license transfer I got off a guy on kvr for $188.

Lol it made me feel a bit bad for this dude I saw on Facebook posting about how proud he was for scoring MPS4 for $500, down from $1000. It was a reminder that a lot of folks still don't know about the great deals you can get even just from JRR and Everyplugin et al, let alone the crazy private deals that can be had on kvr. I'm talking about the guys who are still buying their plugins from Sweetwater, paying full price PLUS tax.

our plugin geekdom pays off.. big f'n time

No wonder i can t sell my izotope stuff on kvr with prices like that around ...

Vsl Yamaha Cfx.

I bought a lot of piano VIs this year, and most have been very good-to-excellent. This one's so wonderful to play, though, that I'm getting back into proper practicing routines. I'm doing a lot less recording, but am really loving playing and have dusted off sheet music I gave up on 20 years ago!

And... it's on sale this month!

• Like 1