Indiginus Generation Electric Guitar Intro price $49

bjornpdx

Introducing Generation Electric Guitar

https://indiginus.com/generation.html

Introductory Price $49
Our goal with Generation was to capture the sound and spirit of an American classic electric guitar, the Fender Stratocaster™.
Equally at home in rock, funk, jazz, country, pop and countless other styles, it’s versatility has been the secret of it’s over 60 years of prominence. We sampled all three pickups simultaneously and direct, so all 5 pickup positions (with the two ‘in between’ positions) stay in phase as you select them.

Requires Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher. Full version.

And I can't believe I beat Larry for once.

• Like 4

Unless you can lock the the round robin both down and up then it is useless to me and anyone else who wants to write chords on the piano roll and expect them to play back consistently, they won't, you cannot reliably use this as a sample player to play back chords written on the piano roll. This is my main problem with the indiginus guitars. The other problem is no fret selection for different chord voicings. If they could fix these things, I would be interested.

I addressed this with indiginus and they ended up sending me a script to lock the round robin in down mode on the acoustic I got from them which made it usable in my productions but I couldn't get one for up mode for fingerpicking.

The problem is, the only way to play back chords and material written on the piano roll is to use "solo" mode. When you use this mode, it continually alternates between up and down strokes according to it's own algorithm and you can't turn it completely off. I did ask that they provide the option of doing that in their future guitars but there was no reply. These up and down strokes can sound quite different. Which means if you write in 3 DMaj7th chords on the piano roll, The first one will be played with some up and down, the next with others up and others down and so on. It makes it impossible to mix because you have sharper and duller notes within the chords coming out at you randomly as you play it back.....not usable for that purpose. 

To me, this was a glaring fault in their instruments but they don't seem to be concerned by it. Maybe they've fixed it in this release, I don't know. 

They are assuming that you will play solo only, (one note at a time) in which case the alternating strokes are trying to mimic how a guitarist actually plays. Or you are going to use the pattern strummer for chords. You can't for example, play a Jazz style of plucking a number of strings at the same time, well you can, but it will play back differently each time. This drove me mad until I worked out what was going on.

The quality of their sampling seems to be getting better though.

If you are planning only to play/record solo's in solo mode and use the pattern strummer for chord production this might work for you. But if you want it to play back chords and other material you have written on the piano roll, or you want access to different written in chord voicings then I would look elsewhere.

Edited by Tezza
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Zo said:

FOr people that tried those : shreddage 3 , ample sound , or this one ?

Zo, did you listen to video included by Larry on top? This thing  doesn't sound good...

Unless you like artifact-full and artificial sounding guitar for a kind of modern weird productions...

3 hours ago, Piotr said:

Zo, did you listen to video included by Larry on top? This thing  doesn't sound good...

Unless you like artifact-full and artificial sounding guitar for a kind of modern weird productions...

Yeah i watched it , notice this is the DI i think so don t expect that woah , really thing start to appears with amp soecially the depth ... what i liked is the features set and their implementation.... guitars in my tracks aren t the main elements ...unless i go lofi hip hop , but i anyway dirt them like crazy lol