Izotope Earlybird Black Friday Deals

cclarry

Worth every penny for the Exponential FX alone. Matter of fact, it's tempting to jump on it just to get another set of licenses for Phoenix and Excalibur, and have R2 to experiment with. Danger is in falling in love with R2 and then having only one license for it.

With all the duplicate licenses I've bought for iLok'd products, by this time I could have paid for a dongle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

With all the duplicate licenses I've bought for iLok'd products, by this time I could have paid for a dongle.

Can't you just put the license in the cloud then download it to your other DAW when you need to?  Same with Waves...

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Worth every penny for the Exponential FX alone. Matter of fact, it's tempting to jump on it just to get another set of licenses for Phoenix and Excalibur, and have R2 to experiment with. Danger is in falling in love with R2 and then having only one license for it.

Is R2 that much better than other reverbs like Valhalla and CSR stuff?

Edited by telecode 101

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

The Man who writes the Exponential Reverbs used to work for Lexicon...
So that should tell you his "pedigree".  They are quite nice reverbs...and 
$39 for ALL of that is just LUDICROUS...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mibby said:

Can't you just put the license in the cloud then download it to your other DAW when you need to?  Same with Waves...

Theoretically, yes, but it's kind of a hassle to do that each time. For the $10 that second licenses for Phoenix and Excalibur each cost me, it's worth it.

Thing is, I have a total of 4 computers that I do DAW work on at least occasionally, if I count my iMac (which runs Logic, Garageband, Live, and Waveform).

Pace announced this big deal, cloud licensing, but plug-in manufacturers have to specifically cloud-enable their plug-ins, and only two of my (relatively inexpensive) products have it enabled. Same with network licensing, which would be really great at my place.

I have no beef with Waves' system, the ability to put your licenses on a generic thumb drive is great.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I don't know, hence the "danger" I mentioned. That's about me personally, I have 2 licenses each for Excalibur and Phoenix, and as far as "natural" reverbs go, Phoenix handily trounced everything I've ever heard. I've never tried R2, and it's hard for me to understand how Phoenix could be improved upon.

However, I am seeking to learn how to build very "spatial" mixes, I'm amazed by the sonic holograms created by the likes of Dave Tipper and Telefon Tel Aviv and a tool to help me place things in the sonic landscape would be a valuable thing to have.

I have TrueVerb, which is supposed to be able to do that, but I've never been able to get a handle on that aspect of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Theoretically, yes, but it's kind of a hassle to do that each time

This! there's practically no real reason for allowing only a single computer license in 21 century, it's all digital right? no additional costs for second allowance, no production outlay... so why?

It's less hassle if you started Cakewalk on your laptop next to your desktop and just now realized that you forgot to send the licences to the cloud, it's much more annoying if you're away to your friends for a session and are now firing up your laptop, having fun, but not yet realizing that's going to happen again soon the next minute...

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I don't know, hence the "danger" I mentioned. That's about me personally, I have 2 licenses each for Excalibur and Phoenix, and as far as "natural" reverbs go, Phoenix handily trounced everything I've ever heard. I've never tried R2, and it's hard for me to understand how Phoenix could be improved upon.

However, I am seeking to learn how to build very "spatial" mixes, I'm amazed by the sonic holograms created by the likes of Dave Tipper and Telefon Tel Aviv and a tool to help me place things in the sonic landscape would be a valuable thing to have.

I have TrueVerb, which is supposed to be able to do that, but I've never been able to get a handle on that aspect of it.

there was a guy on another forum claiming R4 has too many parameters to tweak, hence why he prefers R2. ??

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I have R4 (i.e R2 with some extra features basically).  Also have Phoenix.  It isn't that something like R2 is better, it is a totally different flavor/thing than Phoenix.

If you want something that behaves like reverb but you don't even realize it is applied  then Phoenix is the cream of the crop (well other than Nimbus which  is Phoenix with more controls).  

The R2 and R4 plugins are basically as good as it gets for simulating the hardware reverb algorhytms that made it to basically every recording in the 80s and 90s.   They are not transparent or "natural" and they add color.  However that color can be very pleasing on a number of things.  

Having both kinds Phoenix and R2/R4 covers all the ground I need outside of more "effect" driven reverbs.  I do like EMT plates on some stuff also, but could live without if you all I had was Phoenix and R2.  

Mind blowing deal here for those that do not already have a number of them.  I wish I'd held off on my duplicate seats to get this package to cover those bases.    I don't have R2, but honestly don't really use the extra features of R4 - so R2 would be plenty especially at this price point.    .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Any chance of Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced coming down to $100 or so for holiday? I think it was last year that I got Ozone 9 Advanced for $100 w/o having owned any Ozone versions prior to that. 

You just never know with Izotope...

I'd like to see RX8 Advanced upgrade from Standard for a Benjamin!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Any chance of Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced coming down to $100 or so for holiday? I think it was last year that I got Ozone 9 Advanced for $100 w/o having owned any Ozone versions prior to that. 

I'm hoping the Tonal Balance bundle comes back on sale - it includes both Ozone and Neutron too.  It was just something over $125 recently I think...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The R2 and R4 plugins are basically as good as it gets for simulating the hardware reverb algorhytms that made it to basically every recording in the 80s and 90s.   They are not transparent or "natural" and they add color.  However that color can be very pleasing on a number of things.

Hmm. Not sure that would be of value to me. Thanks for filling me in. I know you're a fellow Exponential devotee. I still haven't gotten over how Phoenix just humbles everything else I tried.

I do find value in other, "character" reverbs like Valhalla SuperMassive. Oh man do I ever love that one.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hmm. Not sure that would be of value to me. Thanks for filling me in. I know you're a fellow Exponential devotee. I still haven't gotten over how Phoenix just humbles everything else I tried.

I do find value in other, "character" reverbs like Valhalla SuperMassive. Oh man do I ever love that one.

Do you like and use Excalibur? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Well SuperMassive is extreme character.

R2 - R4 is more like using an analog compressor.  The signal sounds pleasing when passing through it, but it does not sound exactly like the original source with dynamics removed.  It doensn't obliterate the sound, it adds some warmth, impacts the transiesnts some, etc.  Some subtle color if you will.  That is what I think of  in relation to something like R2/R4  in terms of character.  They don't resemble a perfect natural space, but does add color instead of being pure.  

If they would just switch to the typical izotope authorization scheme (where you can use ilok in conjunction with other computer authorizations) , it would make life a lot eaiser (and less expensive).  It is my only hesitation in recommending Exponential.  

• Like 1