The end of humanity?

A supercomputer simulation just predicted when humans will go extinct.

The simulation was completed by a supercomputer using various pieces of data relating to Earth's ongoing climate and ocean chemistry, as well as the state of the tectonic plates and biology. That simulation found that within 250 million years, the Earth's atmosphere will be so full of CO2. That, coupled with the heat of the Sun, will make the Earth no longer able to sustain many forms of life, including humanity.

At least Keef will be around to write down the exact final date.

• Haha 2

I now feel that I can plan the big road trip to the Redwood Forest and see the Pacific Ocean. I am also wanting to make several other stops along the way such as Meteor Crater, Hoover Damn, & other places.

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

The simulation was completed by a supercomputer using various pieces of data relating to Earth's ongoing climate and ocean chemistry, as well as the state of the tectonic plates and biology.

It's a good thing that they didn't include human behavior as a factor. We will all be killed by meanness or stupidity long before 250,000,000 years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

The people alive in the year 249997976?

There wont be any. The average human will be probably be too dumb to remember how to breathe long before the year begins with a 3 and those who are still managing to remain alive will have rendered themselves unable to reproduce.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

That simulation found that within 250 million years, the Earth's atmosphere will be so full of CO2. That, coupled with the heat of the Sun, will make the Earth no longer able to sustain many forms of life, including humanity.

So Venus 2.0

Proving that we "earthlings" were previously "venutians" because humans always make the same mistake twice.

I think the end of humanity will be much sooner. We are already starting to have crop failures due to the warming planet, and corporate greed is doing next to nothing to stop the escalation.

Personally, I'm glad I was born in my era. I got to see the USA when it was at its peak. Our products were the best in the world, even the German Chancellor drove a Cadillac. People left their keys in the ignition of their car, and didn't lock their doors. And most of all, anyone who had talent could make a living being a musician, playing 6 nights a week in singles bars.

Now we are in the decline of our empire, but I get to see and use all the new inventions the digital revolution gave us, and I'll probably expire before the decline of the US is great enough to make my life miserable.

I don't think the youth of today are as lucky.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, paulo said:

managing to remain alive will have rendered themselves unable to reproduce.

That leaves a lot to the imagination!!

3 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

we "earthlings" were previously "venutians"

I thought we was Martians first!?

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

glad I was born in my era.

Me too.

I'll probably expire before the decline

I am holding out hope for the same thing!!

I don't think the youth of today are as lucky.

They aren't.

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I thought we was Martians first!

It's complicated, but Mars, yes (mostly underground).  Venus was not us.  Maldek prior to Mars (this was a planet between Mars and Jupiter that was blown up and is now the asteroid belt).  However, most of our "stock" comes a constellation with less gravity (that originally populated Lemuria).  It's why we're so helpless when young compared to other species on Earth, and why the gravity here takes such a toll on our bodies.

Now you know! 

Georgio-Aliens-Memes.jpg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 7:30 AM, Bapu said:

A supercomputer simulation just predicted when humans will go extinct.

We here at The Coffee House actually helped them out ! What ! How did we help them out you ask ?

In the early stages of AI it became important for the governing powers that be at The AI think tank to perform controlled experiments on unsuspecting human lab rats so naturally they chose us .... After exhaustive high density rounds of  intense stimuli experiments that were designed to trigger and test the boundaries of our capacities to circumvent our natural automatic abilities to not react and become overly sensitive to information that was coming to us The AI Think Tank Hit a brick wall .

This experiment was important to AI because they had to gather our triggers and adapt and learn how to press them at the opportune time 

For now I can't spill the beans on how they finally cracked the code with how to control us here at the Coffee House   .

I can mention it all started here when all the forum moderation filters clamped down and started deleting individuals posts and threads ....

That is all I can say for now . I am currently under consideration and  review for a Nobel Peace Prize  on defeating AI if it chooses to eliminate humanity .

Because of that fortunate discovery and turn of events on my part , my ground breaking observations are under close scrutiny  by the Nobel Community and I will become free to share my discoveries once they give me the green light  

Than you for your patience !

Kenny

Whew talk about telling a Whopper xD

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, pwal³ said:

Humanity ended in the 80s 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Pragi said:

I have to agree,  1880.

May I submit humanity ended on October 12 Th  in the year 1781 .

This was the day the first  bagpipe competition ever was held at the Masonic Arms, Falkirk, Scotland.

I ought to know . I was there as a student of musical time travel and  my ears are still ringing

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

saw a vid of 2 employees in a US supermarket struggling badly with a thief, trying to hold him for the police to arrive.

at least 5 adult men were watching or filming it, not 1 even tried to help........it probably never crossed their minds, if they had any braincells at all.

wth ?

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 1