IK Release ARC 4 and ARC 4 Studio

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to IK Release ARC 4 and ARC 4 Studio

i had the first release of this but switched to SonarWorks...Does this still need to be set up accurately or have they changed the measurement set-up?

I had to measure using a plumb bob & markings on the floor otherwise it sounded pretty bad.

Edited by hsmusic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ron Stranghoener said:

is anyone aware of any upgrade price? It looks like the software alone is $99 for anyone.

There apparently  is only the upgrade from the Software with Mic for $249...
No upgrade price for Studio if you already own the ARC 3 Software apparently

The software only is 99.99 upgrade from ARC 3, not for anyone.  If you don't have ARC 3 (or Total Studio 3.5/4) the price is 199.99.  Anybody who has the qualifying products will see 99.99 pricing automatically on the site as we show you your pricing when logged in.

For the ARC Studio hardware (which includes ARC 4) the upgrade is for registered users of ARC (any version with mic), iLoud MTM or Precision.  I have inquired about the "with mic" portion though as folks may have picked the MEMS mic up separately and technically you can use any measurement mic with ARC 3.  Not sure what the answer will be but I've pushed that up the pole.

Edited by IK Multimedia
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IK Multimedia said:

The software only is 99.99 upgrade from ARC 3, not for anyone.  If you don't have ARC 3 (or Total Studio 3.5/4) the price is 199.99.  Anybody who has the qualifying products will see 99.99 pricing automatically on the site as we show you your pricing when logged in.

For the ARC Studio hardware (which includes ARC 4) the upgrade is for registered users of ARC (any version with mic), iLoud MTM or Precision.  I have inquired about the "with mic" portion though as folks may have picked the MEMS mic up separately and technically you can use any measurement mic with ARC 3.  Not sure what the answer will be but I've pushed that up the pole.

I have Arc 3 and my price for Arc 4 is €149. This might be due to having the Arc 3 software only but the mic version. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IK Multimedia said:

Can we handle two profiles for two sets of monitors ...in the unit and call one or another like with a switch or temote or some ?

5 hours ago, mibby said:

Can we run the correction outside of our daws yet? I didn't see any mention of it.

Yes if you buy the 299$ package since the hardware box is external by definition. But I assume your question is for the software only version and I don't think they have a system wide driver. I think they would have advertised it if they did and since they have a solution for this through their hardware box, I don't see the point for them to develop a system wide driver.

• Like 1

Is the studio box redundant if you have no issues running arc through an app that can run plugins on systemwide audio, like soundsource on mac?

lets say if latency wasn’t an issue either, outside of having an extra correction profile, & externally processing correction to the full system’s audio, are there other benefits (to getting the box) i may be missing?

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

Is the studio box redundant if you have no issues running arc through an app that can run plugins on systemwide audio, like soundsource on mac?

lets say if latency wasn’t an issue either, outside of externally processing correction to the full system’s audio is there another benefit (to the box) im missing?

I use Element all the time but never thought to use it with ARC. I use it to build VST chains and use loopback in RME's TotalMix FX to track and record with any plugin in real time.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3

20 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

I use Element all the time but never thought to use it with ARC. I use it to build VST chains and use loopback in RME's TotalMix FX to track and record with any plugin in real time.

Wow, that's amazing, I'd never heard of Element before!  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 8:57 AM, hsmusic said:

i had the first release of this but switched to SonarWorks...Does this still need to be set up accurately or have they changed the measurement set-up?

I had to measure using a plumb bob & markings on the floor otherwise it sounded pretty bad.

I've got Arc3 and it was fairly to set up and measure and works great. I'm just disappointed there's not the "system wide" option - until now - with additional hardware. (?)

@LittleStudios Same price for me as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

But I assume your question is for the software only version and I don't think they have a system wide driver. I think they would have advertised it if they did and since they have a solution for this through their hardware box, I don't see the point for them to develop a system wide driver.

Yes, this is what I was hoping for with the new version. I don't understand why they would introduce new hardware when it's obviously doable with software.    I need to read up on it more, but...  (??)