Newbies

2 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

are we having a steady stream of new folks joining in this forum?

That would be nice.

"Kids these days" have been said to be ignorant of the charms of forums, in favor of more ephemeral means of getting and offering help.

This of course leads to the same questions and issues being addressed ad nauseum.

45 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Can I run Cakewalks with a Sound Blaster using ASIO4ALL?

Oh great Bapu OZ (behind the curtain)... I'm pretty sure that particular question has been asked and answered ad nauseum. LOOK IT UP! LOL!
(Altho I'll be the first to admit that the "search" function of this forum leaves MUCH to be desired in terms of complex functionality!!!)

37 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I recommend using the embedded sound on your motherboard. The stock drivers should be fine.

Isn't that the answer to the question of "How do I make things all crash in the loudspeakah?" 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I recommend using the embedded sound on your motherboard. The stock drivers should be fine.

I can not put microfone wire in the computer.
How else I can record the voice with sonah?

Good boy!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bapu said:

12 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Ooh, ooh, I know the answer to that one!
No.

That's not true!! I am running with a Soundblaster 16 getting unlimited audio tracks and many synths along with it. I also have an unbelievable amount of DXi plugins going!! All on a 1.6gb hard drive with 16mb ram!! 

I got a Celey 350a running at 450!!

LOL!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

That's not true!! I am running with a Soundblaster 16 getting unlimited audio tracks and many synths along with it. I also have an unbelievable amount of DXi plugins going!! All on a 1.6gb hard drive with 16mb ram!! 

I got a Celey 350a running at 450!!

LOL!!

You'd be far more creative if you were limited Michael.  

(See that other fred for more information on this! 😆 )

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, craigb said:

You'd be far more creative if you were limited Michael.  

(See that other fred for more information on this! 😆 )

All I wanted to do was record my songs. In the pursuit of that objective, I have learned way more than I ever intended!! So I believe my biggest "limitation" has been, and will always be, the learning curve. And that type of limitation doesn't help me, it just hinders my recorded output!!

And all the BS ways that we have to preview sounds on all these synths we have accumulated.

On 2/22/2024 at 5:31 AM, Bapu said:

That's how it worked for me 20 years ago. Les Paul replica into Korg Pandora to SoundBlaster and then Cakewalk Sonar with A4A driver. Those were the days, my friend!..