IK Releases MESA Boogie Reference Signature Collection

Heath Row

MESA Boogie Reference Signature Collection

regular@2x.jpg

The amps that defined modern guitar tone

The MESA/Boogie Reference Signature Collection for TONEX gives you instant access to 5 one-of-a-kind amps.

All of these era-defining amps have withstood the test of time with their sonic mojo and feel, many featuring components no longer available. Located in MESA’s Tone Lab these “reference amps” are essential to maintaining historical accuracy, while providing invaluable insights to shape future designs and guide the MESA legacy forward.

Now TONEX lets these icons escape the lab to rock the world again.

All 5 amps were fine-tuned to their sweet spots by legendary “Tone Boy” Doug West, MESA’s in-house tone guru for over 40 years, in a range of styles from Metallica-esque Mark IIC+ tones to Santana-inspired singing lead tones. Meticulously captured with IK’s Advanced AI Machine Modeling Technology at a world-class studio in Northern California, the results are an unparalleled collection that you can own today.

Collection Overview

An exceptional Tone Model collection for use across the entire TONEX ecosystem

70 Tone Models of 4 reference amps and 1 limited-edition King Snake™ amp: 46 with cab, 24 without

Captured using 2 different MESA/Boogie reference cabs: a 4x12 Slope and a 1x12 Widebody Extension

All Tone Models were fine-tuned by MESA’s own Doug West and ex-Artist Relations Director now Recording Engineer Sean Beresford to multiple sweet spots

Captured at a world-class studio with ideal acoustics and the perfect gear

Created using cutting-edge AI Machine Modeling™ technology with advanced training

Compatible with all TONEX versions including the free TONEX CS and TONEX App

All Tone Models can easily be loaded to TONEX Pedal and used for live performance

tonex_mesa_reference_amp_mark_iic_plus_1

tonex_mesa_reference_amp_dual_rect_90s_c

tonex_mesa_reference_amp_mark_iv_1989_cr

tonex_mesa_reference_amp_triple_rect_199

image.thumb.png.4e926562447af62f310ac789d4d4e895.png

$99/99Euro, or 69 with max Jam Points

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex-mesa/?pkey=txsc-mesa-boogie-reference-amps

Edited by Heath Row
  • Like 1

Awesome, the sound the feel, the definition, of course it will be different for everyone, the guitars, the plugin chain/s, the level going in etc, etc. But for me so far, tomorrow is going to be a good day, it's 12.58 am, I'll have to shut down for the night and get some sleep, I want to be fresh for tomorrow, and there are just so many things I am loosing because I am not recording, I don't want to be conscious of loosing anymore. It's so damn inspirational, loving it to death, worth every penny.

Well done IK and all involved, you've done an excellent job imo 👍 Thank You, just the kind of thing I wanted for my 60th Birthday (just gone by 09/02/64)

I hope everyone gets the pleasure I am getting.

👍👍👍

Edited by Heath Row
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bluzdog said:

As much as I like IK products, especially the Tonex pedal, I can't get onboard with their first two high dollar tone model collections.

The Dumble collection as free with Pedal Purchase was "worth it" if you had the jam points.

The $50 release price would have been borderline, some of those captures are quite good.

This one at $100 is too much, but I could see a Boogie fan picking it up.  They don't make sounds that are my favorite, and the Amalgam captures are good enough for what I may occasionally take for a spin.

They need real grail amps or a massive collection of something to really command that kind of price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The Dumble collection as free with Pedal Purchase was "worth it" if you had the jam points.

No doubt, too bad they won't allow jam points on sale items. That would have put the Dumble collection at $35 with jam points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluzdog said:

No doubt, too bad they won't allow jam points on sale items. That would have put the Dumble collection at $35 with jam points.

Yeah, I thought the same.  I ended up buying a 2nd pedal during that offer, using JamPoints.  😁   

The $300 range is a solid/fair price.  $400 is a bit high but not totally unreasonable given just how good it is.

1 hour ago, Jason Neudorf said:

This is one of the first times I've seen the Mark I (Santana's snake one).   Anyone else know of other examples?

and isn't that a sweet amp, it was the first I played and knowing what I know now I would have payed the price of entry just for that, but as a bonus it just so happens the others are pretty damn awesome as well, bargain 😁

• Like 1

I own all of the Amalgum Captures packs up to and including yesterdays release of the Fender Black Face DLX Rebverb (Pre CBS) which is an awesome example of a Fender (One of many) and doesn't it sound sweet, anyway back to the MESA's, matching as close as possible Amalgam's Captures and the Captures in the MESA/Boogie Reference Signature Collection, I would say that the latter more than holds it's own, it seems to have a\that 'something' or as Peter has said something 'very special' being what they are, not exactly the same as the for want of better words, the run of the mill examples, a description I would find it hard to argue with. At times it may be subtle, other times it may be more pronounced, tone, feel and definition. Then add to that the gorgeous 'limited-edition King Snake'. Ahhhhhh.

Good times.

Edited by Heath Row

16 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Amplitude bundles though.

My own perspective is after TONEX came out my only use for the amplitude amps was simply to compare the difference.   $40 can buy some nice TONEX captures from a variety of places and amps.  

I find myself only using amplitube for adding a tonex pedal in front of a tonex amp now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I find myself only using amplitube for adding a tonex pedal in front of a tonex amp now.

I'll have to check the cpu hit on that.  Amplitube tends to be resource hungry.  I've run a couple tonex instances for the same, though I tend to use one of my real world drives so I can control with my feet.  

37 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I'll have to check the cpu hit on that.  Amplitube tends to be resource hungry.  I've run a couple tonex instances for the same, though I tend to use one of my real world drives so I can control with my feet.  

Do you know the the 50% CPU cut trick for Amplitube?