AAS Gift Soundpack Available!

cclarry

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm not sure the Multiphonics CV-2 is worth the $39 upgrade.

They always demo their synths by themselves but how many of them actually would work in a track of other instruments like Spire, Sylenth, and Serum

AAS has great customer support, but I don't really love the sounds of [EDIT] most of their synths. I have a couple dozen and I don't think I've ever used them in a track.

I would trade all of them for Vital or Synthmaster 1 or 2. or just about anything else I have Of course, it's completely subjective and I realize that's not an apples-to-apples comparison, it's just that I've never seen anyone post anything but fondness for AAS until the above couple of posts. AAS completely deserves praise for their customer service -- it's superb. But on a completely subjective level, I have yet to hear a synth from them that really inspires me. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

AAS has great customer support, but I don't really care for the sounds of their synths. I have a couple dozen and I don't think I've ever used them in a track.

I would trade all of them for Vital or Synthmaster 1 or 2. or just about anything else I have Of course, it's completely subjective and I realize that's not an apples to apples comparison, it's just that I've never seen anyone post anything but fondness for AAS until the above couple of posts. AAS completely deserves praise for their customer service -- it's superb. But on a completely subjective level, I have yet to hear a synth from them that really moves me. 

Some of Live's instruments are actually AAS.

Chromophone probably has the greatest potential.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Some of Live's instruments are actually AAS.

Chromophone probably has the greatest potential.

You know, after reading your post, I went back and listened to the demos for Chromophone, and I agree with you. I do like the sounds in some of the demos for Chromophone -- especially the demo called "Desperation" (a lot of the synth patches sound like reverses and I love that effect).  Subsequently, I'll edit my original post.  Is $99 USD the lowest price you've (or anyone else reading this) has seen it for? 

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Is $99 USD the lowest price you've (or anyone else reading this) has seen it for? 

AAS licences tend to be sold cheaply used and the upgrades even from version 1 are very cheap. So if you don't mind using KVR etc, you should be able to get many of the latest versions for fifty to sixty in total or less.
This including the upgrade and possibly even some sound packs thrown in. Plugin Boutique are one good source for the upgrades.

I enjoy their gear and I am not sure why they seem to be treated a bit as a bargain basement company. Maybe it's partly to do with all the cheap Session versions that are bundled with hardware and flood the low end of the market. For whatever reason, it opens up opportunities for some true bargains for those with patience who like digging around in Knobcloud etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The price of a complete bundle from My Page will decrease depending on the number of instruments you have. I already have it so I don't know the price.

The same goes for tone packs. The more packs you have, the cheaper the all-inclusive upgrade will be.

Both items are eligible for a half-price sale.

New instruments, updates, and packs released after owning the bundle can be obtained cheaply from My Page during half-price sales.

• Like 1