Fabfilter Holiday Sale. 40% off from April 14th to April 24th like 10 years ago?

ralfrobert

I really like ProR2, but still find myself going back to character reverbs or Arturia Intensity.  I think it’s more habit than anything.  I’ve heard ProR2 described as “sterile” more than once but will give it more air time soon.

That said, my target reverb now is Cinematic Rooms or Seventh Heaven Pro when BF comes around.  Missed out last year, but really loved the trials for both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

There was what felt like an 80% consensus on GS that Pro-R 2 is nothing special, especially if you already own other quality reverbs. It's a good but not great sounding reverb packaged neatly.

That said, I don’t own it and haven't demoed it, so what do I know.

Nothing. You know nothing. 
That said (by De Niro) I loooooooove R2. It’s my go to for all things verb, adding Spaces II for classical and Adaptiverb for going crazy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

That said, I don’t own it and haven't demoed it, so what do I know.

In today's world, that allows you to be an expert without any data to back it up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oops, I almost forgot this is the forum where everyone would make sweet love to their plugin folder if they could.

By all means, tell that person who already owns a bunch of high quality reverbs they totally need another one, because why wouldn't you?

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Oops, I almost forgot this is the forum where everyone would make sweet love to their plugin folder if they could.

Wait just one minute here...isn't that why they're called "plugins"?

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

April 2024 - 20 years anniversary...

From the past ...

April 14, 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FabFilter is celebrating its tenth anniversary of creating powerful audio plug-ins with superb sound quality and innovative interfaces. The company is proud to toast this occasion by announcing a generous ten-day sale, with a discount of 40% off all bundles and plug-ins, from April 14 to April 24.

• ralfrobert changed the title to Fabfilter Holiday Sale. 40% off from April 14th to April 24th like 10 years ago?
On 4/5/2024 at 12:59 AM, jngnz said:

By all means, tell that person who already owns a bunch of high quality reverbs they totally need another one, because why wouldn't you?

Stop hurting me! I just shelled out over €500 for a hardware reverb of which I'm pretty shure I could replicated it to a degree if I actually used 25% of my reverb and granular plugins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love this thread, if only to witness the back and forth (borderline trolling of each other) by jngnz and fleer. I appreciate both of you. I hope you two can appreciate each other, even if you don't see eye to eye on everything. I'm not sure if jngnz is necessarily being intentionally funny, but even when I'm the target, I do get a kick out of his posts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dispossessed Orangutan said:

I can't wait. I just bought a Student ID for $26 on Discord, so I can get the 50% EDU off the 40% sale with the 40% off in my account to complete my bundle with FabFilter R2 

Student-ID.jpg.cd6304af55594f0fe490b1c2fb878076.jpg

I'm gonna be awesome!

Sorry for you, it's 50% off regular price for EDU lol

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I liked R-2. After some use I did find one use for it. It can be used and set to be almost totally invisible. For some more colorful  reverbs and ones with modulation, this can be difficult even at low mix ratios. 

Thanks guys! Don't worry... we will celebrate 🙂

Floris (FabFilter) — Apr 16, 2024

... keep an eye on the website 😉

Floris (FabFilter) — Apr 16, 2024

Edited by Zoukiman
  • Like 6