V Collection 8 ProAudiostar thread removed?

Lee D

That's one helluva deal!  As someone that paid full price for V Collection 7, I'm hella jealous at this amazing price :P  Absolute no-brainer.  But dang... great find and rock on!  That's what I call an early Christmas gift! 🎄🎁

• Thanks 1

Sorry for scaring the forum gods with such a good deal. Being my first post here, it probably helped make this appear a bit too good to be true so I can understand why they deleted it. I should have written that I’d put my order in and was awaiting a serial number.

This morning I received the serial and activation code from Pro Star. Great deal!

Edited by NathanDale
typos
  • Like 3

Does anyone else having problems trying to create an account?

I just can't seem to be able to do it. From the little guy button on top of the website if I click on register and write down my data when I click the button it throws an "unexpected error" message. If I try using the link from the bottom in the account section nothing happens when I click the "create account" button and if I try to press it again it directly sends me to a cloudflare page saying I was blocked from the website for being a security risk. 

Also if I try to add to cart the item it triggers an animation but that's it, it doesn't do anything either.

The only option that in theory it allows to me is to click the paypal button but because it sends me to the normal paypal login account previous to the payment in an online purchase. Truth is I don't understand how it can allow me to actually pay but apparently showing no way for them to recognize and link the buy directly to me in a way that I can actually receive it.

EDIT: I just found out through the original deleted deal thread (via google cache) that apparently the website is US and Canada only. I wonder if maybe that's the reason for all the trouble as my IP is from Europe. Also I think I found the reason why the thread was deleted but just in case I am not going to say it loud.

Edited by Jeslan
Adding information
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, NathanDale said:

Sorry for scaring the forum gods with such a good deal. Being my first post here, it probably helped make this appear a bit too good to be true so I can understand why they deleted it. I should have written that I’d put my order in and was awaiting a serial number.

This morning I received the serial and activation code from Pro Star. Great deal!

Thanks for this post!

3 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

ProAudioStar occasionally has some insane deals that make one wonder how they manage not to have their manufacturers dump them.  Or maybe they do that when their vendor agreements expire.  They have been around for years though.  

Yes I remember my last Acid Pro upgrade was $20.

Maybe they made a mistake in their pricing on this and still honored the purchases.

Edited by kitekrazy

16 hours ago, Jeslan said:

Does anyone else having problems trying to create an account?

I just can't seem to be able to do it. From the little guy button on top of the website if I click on register and write down my data when I click the button it throws an "unexpected error" message. If I try using the link from the bottom in the account section nothing happens when I click the "create account" button and if I try to press it again it directly sends me to a cloudflare page saying I was blocked from the website for being a security risk. 

Also if I try to add to cart the item it triggers an animation but that's it, it doesn't do anything either.

The only option that in theory it allows to me is to click the paypal button but because it sends me to the normal paypal login account previous to the payment in an online purchase. Truth is I don't understand how it can allow me to actually pay but apparently showing no way for them to recognize and link the buy directly to me in a way that I can actually receive it.

EDIT: I just found out through the original deleted deal thread (via google cache) that apparently the website is US and Canada only. I wonder if maybe that's the reason for all the trouble as my IP is from Europe. Also I think I found the reason why the thread was deleted but just in case I am not going to say it loud.

Yes. Im from Europe, and I couldnt create an account, and ended up being blocket because of too many attempts..

Then I tried paying with Paypal, and was also wandering about, if/how proaudiostar would know my email, and would know who payed them, and who they should send serial/activation numbers to? (I should say Im not used to pay with paypal)

In the end I could not use Paypal, because I got blocket by their security service, when trying to create account..

Did you end up getting it?

56 minutes ago, PelleSK said:

Yes. Im from Europe, and I couldnt create an account, and ended up being blocket because of too many attempts..

Then I tried paying with Paypal, and was also wandering about, if/how proaudiostar would know my email, and would know who payed them, and who they should send serial/activation numbers to? (I should say Im not used to pay with paypal)

In the end I could not use Paypal, because I got blocket by their security service, when trying to create account..

Paypal follows the same region blocking as credit cards. I don't think you can even get a Paypal account in Canada / US without address verification, which would allow ProStar to block your payment as they'd get the country info.

39 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Paypal follows the same region blocking as credit cards. I don't think you can even get a Paypal account in Canada / US without address verification, which would allow ProStar to block your payment as they'd get the country info.

yeah. i believe that was the issue. this store only accepts orders from US. I am in Canada. It would allow the Paypal order to  go through but then block it back at the website due to billing address.

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

yeah. i believe that was the issue. this store only accepts orders from US. I am in Canada. It would allow the Paypal order to  go through but then block it back at the website due to billing address.

I am in Canada as well. I used Google Pay, the order went through, and I received email confirmation of the order but still have not received my license. I ordered yesterday at 12:15PM PST.

I'm a sucker, I ended up paying the $100 extra to upgrade to V9.  So V9 + Pigments for $200.  Still a good deal but not quite as insanely good as V8 + Pigments for the original $100.  Oh well, the new synths and upgraded synths sound amazing so it's worth it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PelleSK said:

Well, I am not too used to paypal either in this kind of thing, so I decided it was not safe enough for me to actually try to pay them through paypal for real (as I prefer to lose the deal more than risk to lose 50$ or having to fight with paypal to get them back).

It's really a shame, the deal is a crazy no brainer. It's sad and kind of unfair it's only available for US residents to be honest.

On the other side, I just saw that during black friday sale I could get a Collection V 9 crossgrade for 149€ from official Arturia website, which is too quite a crazy deal. Sadly I can't even afford right now that amount of money, but it's good to know eventually it will be possible again in the future to get it for that price luckily when I can finally afford it.

36 minutes ago, Jeslan said:

Well, I am not too used to paypal either in this kind of thing, so I decided it was not safe enough for me to actually try to pay them through paypal for real (as I prefer to lose the deal more than risk to lose 50$ or having to fight with paypal to get them back).

It's really a shame, the deal is a crazy no brainer. It's sad and kind of unfair it's only available for US residents to be honest.

On the other side, I just saw that during black friday sale I could get a Collection V 9 crossgrade for 149€ from official Arturia website, which is too quite a crazy deal. Sadly I can't even afford right now that amount of money, but it's good to know eventually it will be possible again in the future to get it for that price luckily when I can finally afford it.

i was about to get upgrade to V9 for $99.