Get TONEX MAX or AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 for $/€79.99 each or $/€129.99 for both

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Boo for not being able to use jam points!

I can use up to 21 Jampoints in my cart; the question is, do I really need MAX given all of the user profiles and the fact that some of the IK ones are duds?  I already have Tonex, just not MAX.

image.thumb.png.9be64ac2d7604edd28042f8da2be1db7.png

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

I can use up to 21 Jampoints in my cart; the question is, do I really need MAX given all of the user profiles and the fact that some of the IK ones are duds?  I already have Tonex, just not MAX.

My experience is money is better spent with 3rd party packs than going MAX.

I own MAX due to the pedal purchase, but had the basic version before the pedal came out.  While there were some amps on the MAX list I wanted, turns out IKM didn't capture them well.  150 slots in the Tonex pedal... I think 6 of them are from IKM (three of which will likely get the boot as I update options I have again.

All this said, the pedal is where it is at as that gives a physical object, low latency and also the full software package on top.   Also note the number of 3rd party packs I have is way above that MAX with jam points buy in price.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

I'd definitely get MAX, I've got probably more 3rd party Packs from the top vendors than most people, and I still use stuff from MAX. It's got stuff you'll be hard pressed to find elsewhere let alone within TONEX. You get stuff like the Mezzabarba stuff certain models of Mesa that arn't in any other tier which are not like strait out HiGain, Soundcity Custom Build Mark 3, Fenders that aren't in the other tiers, Orange, Bogner, . . . . The Mezzabarba, I forget whether it was MZero or Trinity, didn't sound the best as is, so I found a quality Mezzabarba 4 x12 cab, disabled the cab in TONEX and fed it to my IR loader, could have done it within TONEX, but, anyway, the sound, the tone it was heavenly in a hellish way, and back it off to a lower gain, it was just awesome. It's the same with other some other stuff that may not sound the best from the go, I find it's just a bad pairing with the cab, swap out the cab for a quality appropriate cab and the game has completely changed, and this is not just with factory stuff, it goes for 3rd party as well, the quality cab IR can work wonders. The Fenders and Mesa's that are only found in MAX sound awesome, not to say that the Fenders and Mesa's in lower tiers don't, they do, it's just different flavors, like I said the Mesa models aren't just gain machines.

At full price MAX is well worth it, at this price you'd have to be mad not to get it. Like I say, my 3rd party Pack collection is huge, bigger than most and all from the top vendors, you won't hear me say MAX isn't worth it or IK made poor captures or there it's full of duds, it's just not how it is and as far as I'm concerned people who tell you that just don't know what they are doing or are just full of sh!t.

I'd definitely get MAX, and then build up with quality 3rd party Packs of amps you may want, I personally wouldn't just go getting one off freebies off ToneNET, I know it sounds good, FREE amps, but get quality Packs from the top vendors and you won't be stuck with 1 HiGain patch, or 1 Mid Gain patch, or 1 Clean patch of an amp from your regular Joe Blow, but quality Packs which will step you through clean, breakup, low gain, mid gain, high gain of the 1 amp in the 1 pack, it's the only way to go. Personally I've only went into the wild west of ToneNET once, learnt my lesson.

Go Hard, Go MAX!!!

Captures

https://www.amalgamcaptures.com/tonex
https://www.sadites.com/tonex-presets
https://www.tone.net/tonex/users/keemosawbe
https://www.newvintageaudio.com/store/tonex
https://mattfig.bigcartel.com/category/tonex-captures-by-mattfig

Cabs

https://www.yorkaudio.co/

https://www.tonefactor.co/impulse-responses

https://www.ownhammer.com/impulseresponses/wav/

https://www.choptones.com/collections/cabinets-ir

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

I tried but it wouldn't let me. They must have changed it. It explictly says that jampoints cannot be used:

image.png.6baf442fbafb26ba4d8563125eaee7c7.png

Edited by Doug Rintoul

16 hours ago, heath row said:

The Mezzabarba, I forget whether it was MZero or Trinity, didn't sound the best as is, so I found a quality Mezzabarba 4 x12 cab, disabled the cab in TONEX and fed it to my IR loader, could have done it within TONEX, but, anyway, the sound, the tone it was heavenly in a hellish way, and back it off to a lower gain, it was just awesome. It's the same with other some other stuff that may not sound the best from the go, I find it's just a bad pairing with the cab, swap out the cab for a.....

......., you won't hear me say MAX isn't worth it or IK made poor captures or there it's full of duds, it's just not how it is and as far as I'm concerned people who tell you that just don't know what they are doing or are just full of sh!t.

I'd definitely get MAX, and then build up with quality 3rd party Packs of amps you may want, I personally wouldn't just go getting one off freebies off ToneNET, I know it sounds good, FREE amps, but get quality Packs from the top vendors and you won't be stuck with 1 HiGain patch, or 1 Mid Gain patch, or 1 Clean patch of an amp from your regular Joe Blow, but quality Packs which will step you through clean, breakup, low gain, mid gain, high gain of the 1 amp in the 1 pack, it's the only way to go. Personally I've only went into the wild west of ToneNET once, learnt my lesson.

Mezzabarba amps sound like garbage to me (a bunch of pre-amp distortion) not a fan.  I do agree with trying to swap out cabs with 3rd party IRs, etc and thankfully there are a few direct captures which makes swapping better (generally speaking).   Not a high gain fan.

I will disagree related to IKM's own offerings -  there are a lot of duds that IKM did and to your point about getting a gain range out of the amp, this was another major mistake IKM made in their offering, IMO.  They might have a clean, drive, higher gain option in the pack, but they frequently make major changes in the recording path (different cab, mic selections, eq, etc unlike one would use in the real world for different gain ranges and this is another place that 3rd party packs shine....as for not know what they are doing for full of it.  They do have some good captures, but there really are a lot that are just "toss in the trashcan. "

I'd argue that while I'm not a great player, I do know guitar tone and feel fairly well, and I'm also the only person that has captured the amp Ken Fischer said was the greatest amp he ever made via ToneX and have made over 400 captures of various gear and experimented with Normal and Advanced settings to see and feel the difference.  

ToneNet can be a big time waster, but there are also some of the best captures that anyone has done there with some seriously deep digging.   A lot of it is garbage though.

image.png.8f1a671169791404576c60dd681348ff.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

You can use the GROUP discount code at JRR to bring the price down to $67.19. That is not the $55 it could be with jampoints but might make it doable,

Thanks for the heads up, it’s still not a bad deal, now i’m just stuck on whether not I want to tell IKM “ok, you win” by paying them another $12.19 i could’ve saved. That’s my lunch. I’m stingy i know

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

So is Tone X gonna make Amplitube irrelevant now?

If you have Tonex you can run it as an Amp in AT 5.

ToneX gives you realistic amps (and dirt pedals) and has some reverb, comp, and noise gate.  If you are a straight into amp player it is all you need.  If you are an effects junkie you can run other effects before and after if using as a vst, but not in standalone mode.  

Owning both basically gives you the at effects plus the superior Tonex amps 

I basically don't run AT5 after getting ToneX as I have better effects and Tonex gives me better amps.

• Like 1