Ghosted By Plugin Alliance [very much, not a deal]

PavlovsCat

I've been ghosted by Plugin Alliance. Confirmed.*

Last week someone -- sorry, I can't recall who, but one of the frequent posters in the group -- created a thread about a new mixing plugin sold at Plugin Alliance that got a lot of people interested, including me. So I searched for my monthly voucher for $25 USD. I always seem to get it and, while I'm no Bapu or Fleer, I've bought close to 50 plugins from PA. So after searching for my monthly voucher among my emails and finding nothing there -- and then posting that I didn't get a monthly voucher, I posted in the thread to share that and found others also didn't get the latest voucher code this month. 

So I sent PA support a question asking if they were still sending the vouchers and perhaps there was some technical issue (hoping I might find there was a voucher waiting for me, so that I could buy the coveted plugin). One week later, I received my sad reply. PavlovsCat was ghosted by PA 😭

"Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to tell you that you are not on the voucher code list for this month. 

Best regards
Lukas"

So for the other folks who posted that they also didn't get a voucher code this month, apparently we just didn't make the cut. I have no idea what the criteria is, but I feel rejected. On the positive side, this also kept some of my GAS in check, as I couldn't get myself to buy without the voucher code! 

[EDIT: *After some trolled me later in the thread insisting that I'm misusing the term ghosting, I thought, in the case of people whose native language is not English it may not be apparent that I am making a joke about PA ghosting me and it getting confirmed by customer support person's email. Yes, I enjoyed getting the vouchers, but no, I am just joking around by using the term ghosted. Maybe everyone got that, but just in case, I thought I would insert this little message.]   

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've been ghosted by Plugin Alliance. Confirmed. 

Last week someone -- sorry, I can't recall who, but one of the frequent posters in the group -- created a thread about a new mixing plugin sold at Plugin Alliance that got a lot of people interested, including me. So I searched for my monthly voucher for $20 USD or whatever that amount is. I always seem to get it and, while I'm no Bapu or Fleer, I've bought close to 50 plugins from PA. So after searching for my monthly voucher among my emails and finding nothing there -- and then posting that I didn't get a monthly voucher, I posted in the thread to share that and found others also didn't get the latest voucher code this month. 

So I sent PA support a question asking if they were still sending the vouchers and perhaps there was some technical issue (hoping I might find there was a voucher waiting for me, so that I could buy the coveted plugin). One week later, I received my sad reply. PavlovsCat was ghosted by PA 😭

"Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to tell you that you are not on the voucher code list for this month. 

Best regards
Lukas"

So for the other folks who posted that they also didn't get a voucher code this month, apparently we just didn't make the cut. I have no idea what the criteria is, but I feel rejected. On the positive side, this also kept some of my GAS in check, as I couldn't get myself to buy without the voucher code! 

I also did not get a PA Voucher this month...and I have no idea why

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I also did not get a PA Voucher this month...and I have no idea why

Wow, I was just hurt and feeling left out for them ghosting me, but for leaving cclarry off the list -- I'm highly offended!!! Those monsters!!!! 

*Okay, I'm posting that tongue-in-cheek for anyone who doesn't pick up on it and takes it seriously.  However, I do kinda feel like I was dumped, and Larry is our guy, so out of anybody, I think Larry deserves that voucher. In fact, if anyone has any discount codes, if there's anyone who deserves it in this group, it's Larry. Remember that when you have an offer you can share with someone! Larry makes this forum what it is, packed with great deals and I know people at other forums who've told me that they don't post here or use Cakewalk, but they come to look at deals because they think the forum does a good job of staying up on them. And you know that means Larry. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I too only got my $75 voucher but no generic 25 off voucher.

Wow,  you just blew my mind.

If the club doesn't let Bapu in, I don't even understand things anymore. You're a GAS legend. You're the GAS GOAT, the Michael Jordan of GAS. If they don't let you in the club,  what the heck is the standard to get in the club anymore??? 

It was one thing to exclude the 🐈,  but Larry and Bapu??? Indefensible!

I don't even know you anymore, Plugin Alliance promotional tactics. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

From what I understand the $25 vouchers are now unfortunately personal and not generic anymore.

Also, I think that after Dirk left the driver's seat, the prices are all over the place, everything seems much more expensive than what it used to be, it's a shame as I did enjoy picking up some of the offers now and then, but it seems that things have changed, for the worse I suppose.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, augustenz said:

From what I understand the $25 vouchers are now unfortunately personal and not generic anymore.

Also, I think that after Dirk left the driver's seat, the prices are all over the place, everything seems much more expensive than what it used to be, it's a shame as I did enjoy picking up some of the offers now and then, but it seems that things have changed, for the worse I suppose.

Those vouchers, combined with their sales and the regular threads here about the sales and specific plugins was responsible for a lot of purchases for me and I'm sure many others here. So, in a way, it's probably not a terrible event to have it go away, as it will mean I'll buy less stuff from them. I mean, how many more compressors and reverbs do we need?! I probably have at least a few dozen of them. Still, I haven't picked up that Kirchoff (sic -- I have no idea how to spell that without looking it up) EQ has been on my mind after so many folks who seem to know mixing and mastering have praised it. But without the killer sales and the vouchers,  I wouldn't have bought so much stuff that really just duplicates effects I already own. I suspect that is the story for many others here too. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

All vouchers used to be personal and were based on the amount you spent on PA plugins in the previous 12 months. You used to get only one voucher, not a $25 and a $50 or $75 voucher. PA then switch the $25 voucher to a generic one and it seemed that everyone on the mailing list got one but the  $50 and $75 vouchers were still unique. Looks like that started in  January 2022.  Now it appears that they have switched the $25 back to a personalized voucher and are basing it on the amount you spent in the previous 12 months. 

I received the $25 voucher. I had spent $103 on PA in the last 12 months.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

The good times are gone.

possibly they changed their policy back at it was 2018:

A- If you spent $50 - 299 with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $25 voucher for the next 12 months, every month (Total Voucher Value of $300).

B- If you spent $300 - $599 with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $50 voucher for the next 12 months (Total Voucher Value of $600).

C- If you spent $600 or more with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $75 voucher for the next 12 months (Total Voucher Value of $900)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

50 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Those vouchers, combined with their sales and the regular threads here about the sales and specific plugins was responsible for a lot of purchases for me and I'm sure many others here. So, in a way, it's probably not a terrible event to have it go away, as it will mean I'll buy less stuff from them. I mean, how many more compressors and reverbs do we need?! I probably have at least a few dozen of them. Still, I haven't picked up that Kirchoff (sic -- I have no idea how to spell that without looking it up) EQ has been on my mind after so many folks who seem to know mixing and mastering have praised it. But without the killer sales and the vouchers,  I wouldn't have bought so much stuff that really just duplicates effects I already own. I suspect that is the story for many others here too. 

Exactly, spot on, certainly my story as well!

Edit: Forgot to add this interesting analysis of Kirchoff (in case you have not seen it already): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv9JBYIBVU

Edited by augustenz
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kreveta Puket said:

I also dont have voucher for this month, but i think there will be early mega sales And hope they dont disable  or cancel 20 USD no minimum spend vouchers in these sales, which i always use..... 

Right, but if they're no longer giving out the vouchers,  which is my point, will you still be as tempted? For me, it is the combination of a sale and being able to use the voucher that was really hard to resist. Without the voucher,  it's simply not as compelling.  What do you think? Would you be less motivated to buy during the next sale if you didn't see a voucher in your inbox? 

• Like 1

Since I'm in the hobbyist-wtf-am-i-doing category, the coupons were a heavy motivation to even consider buying something. Without sales or extra coupons, I wouldn't have bought nearly as much.

Kinda like those Universal Audio plugins. It's not like I probably need them with my know-how (or know how to get most out of them), but at ~14 bucks (or less) a pop, even if I don't end up using them all that actively, it's not the end of the world. But never would I have paid the MSRP for them, and neither will I pay that for Plugin Alliance plugins (when I don't generate revenue from my 'investment'). 

Of course, perceived value (to me) is also a thing. I didn't mind spending on Falcon just now since it was on sale and from what I gather, it's one of the top of the line synths out there and should keep me quite occupied. And even with my skill, I can get random noises out of it hammering on with my butter fingers, whereas spending ~100+ bucks on a single EQ (where you might need a bit more experience to really see a difference) is a bit of a harder sale. Even if it's a top of the line product.

Now, if I generated money with this, then it would be a different story of course since things might go from 'nice to have' to 'need to have'. And from what I gather, plugin prices have only come down in the past recent years due to competition etc? At least for years I thought things were out of my reach.

But I digress. Hope Plugin Alliance doesn't get rid of their sales and vouchers because there's still a few products I'm eyeing. Even if I don't *really* need them. And if they do get rid of it and start forcefully raising their "perceived value", then well, then they're not for me.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Right, but if they're no longer giving out the vouchers,  which is my point, will you still be as tempted? For me, it is the combination of a sale and being able to use the voucher that was really hard to resist. Without the voucher,  it's simply not as compelling.  What do you think? Would you be less motivated to buy during the next sale if you didn't see a voucher in your inbox? 

If no voucher then no deal for me... But i Hope they change mind And return all back...

• Like 1

If I had to do it all over again, I would stick with Forever29. Alas I did not do that.

I currently own all but that fancy SILVER BULLET v2, but will consider going to MEGA XXL in Jan of 2024, pay yearly up front the $299.99 and get the next 10 plugins that arrive in 2024.

Does anyone know if I have to redeem all 10 plugins at one time on the yearly plan that gives you the voucher(s?) up front? 

Will see what happens, but on the bright side - this means all those plugins I bought are not quite as worthless.  Maybe on day it will be possible to actually sell them if not used.  

The $20 transfer fee + the endless vouchers basically means any purchase from them was always a "NFR" as they were worthless on the market.