Ghosted By Plugin Alliance [very much, not a deal]

PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Does anyone know if I have to redeem all 10 plugins at one time on the yearly plan that gives you the voucher(s?) up front? 

You have to buy all 10 plugins at the same time if you pay for the full year in advance.

I haven't received a $25 voucher for a while. Is there only one type being distributed now?
Also, I renewed my annual subscription MEGA Bundle and did not receive any vouchers.
Is it because I haven't used my previous voucher yet?

Edited by Kiloteq

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

If I had to do it all over again, I would stick with Forever29. Alas I did not do that.

I currently own all but that fancy SILVER BULLET v2, but will consider going to MEGA XXL in Jan of 2024, pay yearly up front the $299.99 and get the next 10 plugins that arrive in 2024.

Does anyone know if I have to redeem all 10 plugins at one time on the yearly plan that gives you the voucher(s?) up front? 

Personally, I would go with their basic plan. You get 3 permanent plugins every year but access to everything all the time.  I wanted to get it when it was on intro price at 99$ a year, but something happened with Dirk Ulrich posting informations that ended up being false and from which I based a buying decision I would have done differently otherwise.  I tried to fix that, but had to deal with Lukas, which in my opinion is the worst customer rep ever and didn’t find a satisfying resolution.

I have purchased (at different times)

(a) PA ALL BUNDLE https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/all-bundle-2022.html  ($224 after vouchers)

(b) PA Releases 2023 (another $224 after vouchers)

(c) Forever 29 (this is what I had before getting the "all bundles", and after getting the "all" bundles I started reselling them, which offsets $120 per year from the others)

This also gets me monthly $75's that I use occasionally for "not-PA Releases" (e.g., PA_EXT), but most of the time they get used for sharing the love on the day before expiration (@Marc Cormier, this month is already reserved but, if they send a $75 for November I can reserve it for you)

In practical terms it is not too different from a Mega subscription. I pay $224/year and get everything ($104 if I count the F29 part, but that $120 "bonus discount" would apply similarly if I got a Mega subscription), the big difference is the peace of mind that I can stop and still keep everything (vs having to pick a number of plugins per year that I want to keep).

You may want to calculate what is your "no-brainer" price point for the PA plugins you don't yet have and how often you end up "taking the bait". A similar solution may work for you.

(as a side note, I do get a mix of feelings when I look at the plugins that I have installed, see link in my signature. The pride of a collector, the shame of knowing that having that many is not rational or practical, and feeling like an idiot when I'm waiting for that "scanning plugins" window to go away)

• Haha 1

I may have a different issue, but I haven't received ANY marketing email from Plugin Alliance for over a year, voucher emails included. I have contacted their support several times and they have no idea why the emails don't arrive. I have tried to re-subscribe to their newsletter, but I never get any confirmation email either. I suspect it has something to do with my Gmail address and their mail server settings.

At some point they acknowledged the problem and said they were investigating it, but after that the messages have been more in the spirit of "you're the problem, stop bothering us".

But yeah, no vouchers for me, either. I haven't asked if I'm even eligible at this point, since no vouchers = no purchases.

14 hours ago, Monomox said:

839.png

Huh? Ghosted means when someone who you used to have a relationship with you cuts off communication with you. While I love the meme, it makes no sense in this case.  SEE HUMOR.

Seriously, I will take into account that not everyone here is a native English speaker and the nuances may not be understood.  I used the term ghosting as a joke. I thought it made for a funny thread title. The idea was that I was heartbroken that I was left off the voucher list  after being on it for a long time and the email from the customer support person confirmed that I was not on the list and using the concept of  ghosting seemed funny and faux dramatic considering the situation. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/ghosting#:~:text=If a friend you've,life that's keeping them busy.

Edited by PavlovsCat

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

Well that's a ********** bummer.

As a clarification: You get a voucher that you can use at any time. You don't need to use the voucher when you pay for the sub. But the voucher only works if you've got 10 plugins in your cart.

9 minutes ago, Kirean said:

As a clarification: You get a voucher that you can use at any time. You don't need to use the voucher when you pay for the sub. But the voucher only works if you've got 10 plugins in your cart.

Understood.

Still a ******* bummer.

As I said earlier, I shudda stuck with Forever 29. That would have been a better deal for me. I was on it but I cancelled it (stoooooopid).

20 hours ago, Monomox said:

You sent them an email and they responded.

Your ad hominem was uncalled for. Hope you get your voucher.

Totally called for. If you're going to troll me with a meme, I'm going to respond and I can at least have a little fun back at you.  It's weird that you would troll me and then take offense when I respond with a little sarcasm -- it wasn't anything heavy, on either end. 

When I wrote that PA ghosted me in the OP,  it was humor -- I was writing it with a smile on, to try to get a laugh. I was playing off the concept of ghosting  -- which is normally tied to dating and personal relationships. I was adding some faux drama about being left off the list. Anyhoo, if you're going to troll people, mocking them due to your misunderstandings on language and humor, you really should have thicker skin if they respond back with a little lighthearted sarcasm. Or maybe you might just consider -- I don't know -- maybe not trolling instead? Also, if you read my original post, there isn't a voucher to get for me. I wasn't on the list. That email response made it clear, hence my joke that I was ghosted "confirmed" Anyhow, I think a lot of what you don't understand may be due to getting lost in translation, as, if English isn't your first language, this can be a bit challenging to understand and all of that might make catching my humor complex. 

Food for thought. In any event,  peace. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 10/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, Bapu said:

Understood.

Still a ******* bummer.

As I said earlier, I shudda stuck with Forever 29. That would have been a better deal for me. I was on it but I cancelled it (stoooooopid).

Depends how you see it. With sub, you have access to everything all the time, so even if you wait for the 10 plugins you want to get, you still have access to everything in the meantime.