[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

OK... First anomoly... Tough one. Maybe related to a few posts above?

Recording MIDI data from an external kybd. I did a number of takes. All data deleted yet something continues to play there??? A previous take that is not visible?

Not a matter of hidden tracks, but hidden clips?

I'm also hearing notes doubled with a tiny delay, like a slap. It's as if the midi is looping and playing the output again after the first trigger? Weird!

Edited by Keni
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Can you share copy of the project pared down to the offending track(s)...?

Sure... How should I share it?

I've been trying many things... When I delete a note in prv it still plays. So I tried it in the event List view. Same thing. I delete an event, it continues to play. If I movethe event it plays in both locations?

Now noticing most of the time, I can delete an event, but if I copy/move it I get it in both locations.

If I delete the clips, I continue to hear what they contained...

Now noticing that not all clips exhibit this? just to make it more juicy...

I did two passes. First a kick snare performance, then high hat in a separate pass.

If I delete or mute the high hat, it performs as expected, but If I mute or delete the kick/snare clip, I continue to hear the kick/snare!

BTW, I'm doing this with Superior Drummer 3 using my normal default templates etc. which I use daily and have been working fine until today

Edited by Keni

3 hours ago, Vyacheslav said:

Thank you!

Cake today demanded authorization (this happens periodically), it passed. And what about the future?

That unfortunately even my crystal ball does not show. It has been stated that CbB will no longer be supported, it may even fade into the history once Cakewalk Sonar (a paid version of CbB) and Cakewalk Next are released. May I suggest you check out the new website covering those products. Sorry I can't offer more information. 

• Like 1

...just thinking ahead.

This makes it unworkable for me at the moment. And no rollback.

So that means I need to download an original copy from the website and re-install, yes?

Must I actually delete it or can I simply re-install over it?

If I must delete it, do I need to delete all the registry entries as well?

<Sheesh!> Huge amount of work to get things setup again. I'll do my best to be patient a little, but as is, I cannot do any MIDI work at all as this happens with every track I've tried... Knowing it's Saturday, we rarely (ever?) get updates on a weekend so even if they magically fixed it before even acknowledging this, I'm down for the weekend.

Not pretty, but I finished my new album last week as well as two albums for two client/friends so at least I'm in-between anything important...

Wow! Here's a zinger...

I'm examining a number of different things to see if I can discover what's going on (see earlier posts regarding midi)

I just enabled multiple projects to be allowed (unchecked the option to hide) and I'm now seeing the Synth rack for BOTH versions in BOTH of the song versions loaded? That's a really strange behavior...

Ah... I see the system is seeing each of them floating as separate windows so tabbing through them doesn't hide non-related windows from other projects.

Edited by Keni

I just discovered that it's (MIDI)  something to do with the track template I used. I don't use this one too often, but I've never experienced this problem before.

I just created a new song using my regular template and copied the midi/audio clips between. I'm not seeing the problem so far. I delete the offending clip and it's gone this time...

I will explore this further...

Whew! That's a relief! I'm glad it was something local here. Not sure what happened as the offending template was made from the same master template I normally use. I simply removed all but Superior drummer to be a track template just for Superior Drummer, but as I said above...

Ahh... Nah, I think I'll just remove all instruments except SD from my master template and then over-write the track template that is trouble.... Let's see where that goes?

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

That unfortunately even my crystal ball does not show. It has been stated that CbB will no longer be supported, it may even fade into the history once Cakewalk Sonar (a paid version of CbB) and Cakewalk Next are released. May I suggest you check out the new website covering those products. Sorry I can't offer more information. 

Thank you!

But I only want the specified version (2020.4 build151) and don't want to change it to anything else.

And I already read about Sonar and Next.

1 hour ago, Vyacheslav said:

Thank you!

But I only want the specified version (2020.4 build151) and don't want to change it to anything else.

Did you not use the early access link to install? What version are you running currently? 

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Not seeing a problem - project goes silent when MIDI is deleted. Have your tried closing/re-opening the project or  restarting CbB? Might be something stuck in RAM.

Thanks...

I don't know what's causing it, but it doesn't happen if I use my regular templates... So I just over-wrote the track template that had the problem with one that does not...

I made that template back when I first received and began learning Superior drummer so it isn't too suprising there are some bugs there... Gone now with the over-write!

Mr. @Vyacheslav

So you have had the use of a $500 pro DAW for a long time now and now things have changed. Nobody will really care about what you “want”. What you will get is the latest release of CbB absolutely free.

Its a very simple concept. Free = Latest release of CbB. 

If that doesn’t suit you then go by an old copy ofCubase 5 off eBay. It will never need authorization. 

Edited by JohnnyV
  • Like 1

cakewalk is the best daw I've tried, easy to use, professional, and also free for people who are starting out in music. What else do you want?

The only thing they should implement would be a more intuitive beat maker, because the one we currently have is very difficult to use. The rest all good.

Edited by enzonenda2007

10 hours ago, Vyacheslav said:

Thank you!

May I ask, as I'm curious, why that specific version as opposed to at least considering the final CbB version forthcoming, after it's done with testing and the final version is officially released?

I was hoping to see an issue reported back in February dealt with in the latest update.  It concerns lack of updating of the track output name in the API when a bus is renamed.  Mark said he had a fix and it would be included in the next release.  If you read the first three posts in the topic below, the issue and solution are discussed.  Can you let me know if this is an omission will be picked up before the final release please.

...please .. stop with " cakealk is the best daw ... bla bla bla ..." cakewalk it's free !!! this is the reason why a lot of musician are landed on CbB ... there are a lot of " BEST DAW " outside there... but not free!!
I paid the renewal & life time update and after 2 weeks gibson crashed ... with all my musician's dreams!!!
now, said that ... I'll stay to see what will be the "competitive price" for SONAR ... and if with my old cakewalk account I'll be able to have a discount  for new Sonar.
soo, much appreciate this new update but I think i won't install it for now ... I trusted in a free version of cakewalk anyway just like "garageBand" but not a browser version ...

waiting for a good news from the Cakewalk world ... 
cheers 

• Like 1

Guys, let's keep this thread on topic with discussing any issues you have with this particular Early Access release.  Any talk about future plans or price or anything outside of this particular release is only going to muddy up the thread. Please start a new thread in the main forum for anything outside of this.

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]
  • Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]