Overloud Gem Comp76 for $29.99

cclarry

Something very helpful to call out about Overloud GEM plugins (beside that they each sound great) is that compared to other plug-in makers of the same kind of effect the Overloud GEMs do not take up much CPU.  

I’ve compared side by side many of these. The GEM plugins do not even show a blip against the CPU. Other plug-in makers with comparable plugs for the same effect each take up different and quite visible hits on the CPU.

So, Overloud plugs are really advantageous. And, Overloud does not charge for updates.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

What are the odds Overloud also puts this on sale and we can use the GEM code?

Not likely.

1. According to https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/price-history/gem-comp76-compressor-limiter-by-overloud/
    this is the lowest Comp76 has been on sale for and the sale is only at AudioDeluxe not at Overloud.
  2. Overloud doesn't have a history (as far as checking my emails back several years reveals) of having Labor Day sales.
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

What are the odds Overloud also puts this on sale....

"At the same time UAD is putting theirs on sale" is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

I do not have this Gem, but I do have several others and have been using them in my last project. I am very surprised by the sound... they are really good.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

I do not have this Gem,

So I am trying to get it.

Seems there is a AUG2023 code that will take another 10% off. It's not letting me apply the code. Anyone else having issues with this?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quick Math said:

$29 is a rare price for Overload and I'm demoing it...

This one sounds really good. To my ears this one sounds more natural than others...?

But I already have too many FET comps...

I'm not normally one to be an enabler here, but if you can get it for $29 and you think it sounds better, why not?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

I'm not normally one to be an enabler here, but if you can get it for $29 and you think it sounds better, why not?

Because maybe I also wanna get infinistrip..! and to be honest our currency has gotten really cheap against USD so $29 means like $50 to me these days.

But as you gave me that comment, you also think this one sounds really good right?

I don't have UAD fet but I do have IK, PSP Fet, Purple 77, and sofube FET.  I already have so many...

I have posted something about FET comp before actually,

PSP sounded most transparent so I won't be buying other fet.

Oh wait but I actually might wanna buy another one with more character, okay imma buy Purple 77, it's the best one that has a strong character amongst inexpensive ones.

And then for Softube Fet, I just thought I should buy it because it was cheap and I wanted to collect prochannel plugin.

And now, Overloud comp 76. well this one is great. And usually Overloud products are expensive so I didn't usually pay attention to them but now it's cheaper and I liked it...making me feel I should buy this..

• Like 1

Actually I have no idea as to how good the Gem is.  Having more than enough compressors (especially considering my ears and production skills) I haven't bothered to demo it.  I'm just saying if you truly think it sounds better and can get it for a steal, than it would be a better purchase than any of the the things we've all bought because it was on sale and haven't used.