Arturia Acid V Intro Offer

ralfrobert

34 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Don’t know but I seem to be the only living boy in NY not liking those Roland drum boxes. 

I had a 303, a 606 and an 505, I was glad to move on, as particularly with drums, I prefer acoustic kit sounds. 

I can't ever see me using any samples or emulations of this generation of drum sounds.  They are not attractive to me, but good on anyone who wants to use them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

I always thought, why don’t they just use a drummer and a bass. 

From the experience with the drummer of my former band: A rhythm machine keeps playing even when the beer supplies are gone... 😉

Edited by stony
typo
  • Haha 8

38 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I had a 303, a 606 and an 505, I was glad to move on, as particularly with drums, I prefer acoustic kit sounds. 

I can't ever see me using any samples or emulations of this generation of drum sounds.  They are not attractive to me, but good on anyone who wants to use them.

Yup, depends on the goal. To me, a 606 and a 303 is hours of freaky acidhouse fun.

• Like 2

I tried Acid V (that is, I downloaded and ran it in Demo Mode) and I like the sounds as sounds and over the past 6-8 months I have come to appreciate the way Arturia sets up its Advanced Features.  I don't do music that would take advantage of those sounds, but I would encourage others who do to try it in Demo Mode after watching the videos.

11 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I suppose its inevitable they would do this one at some stage. I used to have the original hardware and sold it when the second hand price was at its rock bottom. If I had waited a bit I could have made a fair bit of cash.

You have to hit that sweet spot between "cool again" and "Behringer re-release" lol

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

If I don't buy Acid V now, will there still be some 'sample' patches in Analog Lab V?

As of yesterday, I didn't see any after I updated Analog Lab V.  That's what prompted me to try the demo and why I suggested trying it in Demo Mode (above). I just checked.  I don't see them in Analog V v.5.7.4.371. 

@ralfrobert  ASC reports that I have the latest build of Analog Lab.  Are you seeing Acid V there?  If so, maybe I am looking in the wrong locations.  Also, what version do you have?

33 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I don't see them in Analog V v.5.7.4.371. 

Platform          Name                        Date                         Size                       Version 

Win 8.1+       Analog Lab V        18-Aug-2023      3.4 Gb                   5.7.4.371

Edited by User 905133
added details from ASC

BTW, I updated Analog Lab V on my older Audio PC. No Acid V sample presets.  Acid V does work in Demo Mode.  Personally, since we get to try all of the presets and play around with the instruments, I think it showcases Acid V more than a handful or two of non-editable presets in Analog V.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, simon said:

anybody running this in Windows (10) ?

I notice that when I start Acid V standalone it totally deletes the contents of the %TEMP% directory - (c:\users\username\AppData\Temp)

which is VERY BAD !

The VST3 plugin does the same thing

Is it the demo?

18 hours ago, simon said:

anybody running this in Windows (10) ?

I notice that when I start Acid V standalone it totally deletes the contents of the %TEMP% directory - (c:\users\username\AppData\Temp)

which is VERY BAD !

The VST3 plugin does the same thing

very bad indeed, i assume you've told the devs?