$50 off Slate VSX

cclarry

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

Great product, not so great discount tho.

How is the physical quality of the product these days? I read lots of reports of bands breaking and all sorts of frequent returns and warranty claims with them a while ago.

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

Is it worth the extra $ for the Platinum Edition?
Do the extra models really help?

Yes, IMO, but what the heck do I know? 🤣

Seriously I only use them as a backup if HD 650's are not giving me what I think I should get. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

How is the physical quality of the product these days? I read lots of reports of bands breaking and all sorts of frequent returns and warranty claims with them a while ago.

Mine are still in good shape and I bought them about three years ago.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Mine are still in good shape and I bought them about three years ago.

Great to hear Bapu 🙂

Headphones in general seem to fail, or wear out more than a lot of other gear, so build quality does become a bit more important. Glad they're still going strong.

1 hour ago, OutrageProductions said:

It's been a while (2008), but the last time I needed something to sound like it was mixed at NRG, I just mixed at NRG.

If I was at NRG, I’d use this to model a control room I thought sounded good (though I do miss that Moroccan live room).  

12 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

And then we're gonna find out later you already went through 12 pairs of HD650 before considering using that VSX you bought as a backup.

HaHa. Nope. I only have my first and only pair of SONARWORKS profiled HD650. Have not even needed to replace the pads yet.

Now my 10 year old HD600s, I've replaced the pads and foam liners once. When I did I also bought a second pair of pads and liners to keep on deck.

I've  had the founders edition for about 3 years and about 3 weeks ago I noticed a crack on one side of the bands. I contacted support and got a new pair within 3 days. Slate definitely stand behind their products.  The new model is quite a bit better build wise.  V4 is  a massive improvement, less phase in Howie's Room and the Zuma farfields are a pleasure to listen to, hearing stuff in references I never noticed.