Galaxy HD 1

bjornpdx

Galaxy HD 1

Galaxy HD 1 is one of the most distant known galaxies, about 33.3 billion light years away.

This project didn't come out space music enough and I was going to start over but decided to insert some
audio clips to make things more interesting.  The clips are bits of dialog from the movie 2001,  HAL 9000 vs Dave
the astronaut.

Thanks for listening/comments.
-Bjorn

• Like 5

I thought the track came out space music enough.  I have noticed that the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey is making a comeback ever since AI has got everyone thinking there is a ghost in the code. Strange times. With or without the added audio I think you hit the mark, Bjorn. Cool track! - Dean 

• Thanks 1

Dean -  thanks!  I'm going to have to look into this ghost code you mentioned. Never heard of it. I think I'm going to do this one again but without the  audio clips from the movie, as per your suggestion. Besides I'm not sure if I'm violating copyright laws with the short clips but I'm not selling anything and this is just a hobby.

Jack - thanks!

Hi Bjorn - 2001 is my most favorite film EVER - Kubrick was a superb director - he made some brilliant films, The Shining, Dr Strangelove, Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Barry Lyndon etc etc

But 2001 I can and do watch over and over. it really shows up many modern films with all their flash and CGI - but still cannot compare to his skill and craft, especially when you think the film is from 1968.

Your music would fit right in  - it sounds exactly spacey enough to me!!

Superb Stuff

Nigel

• Thanks 1

Wookie - The lead synth is Cherry Audio Elka-X and I used preset "1492 Lead Lines" with some filter tweaking. I find myself using that vst or Arturia CS-80 most of the time.

Kevin - thanks.  Space music - no need to worry about measures, time signatures or chords and sometimes not even the key you're in.

Nigel, Ross - thanks.  Yeah, I love that movie too. Only thing, I wish they had placed it further off in time, like maybe 2101. Same with Bladerunner. We're way past 2001 and we don't have any of those space ships and flying cars. We do have smart phones though, which I don't think were represented in the movie.

• Thanks 1

Far out Bjorn ! Some great synth work, very enjoyable Sunday listen, and I also enjoyed the movie track overdubs . . . that movie was always ahead of it's time, made us think outside the box, or made us wonder if there was even a box . . .

• Thanks 1

Very nice track! I liked the arpeggio patterns and the way everything builds over time. The celeste-like melodies at the beginning and end, contrasting with the bigger synth pads and lead lines in the middle work very well together. Occasionally I thought the audio clips were a little too prominent, but they definitely add to the overall atmosphere. 

• Thanks 1