OTS Summer Sale! (Group Buy)

cclarry

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Here is a question:

The prices that I see on the "Products" page reflect the current discount? IOW I see the price for the "Complete Bundle" as $2k. Is the with the current 55% discount? Or will the 55% discount be applied to that $2k price?

Did I make myself clear!!? : )

Regular MSRP is $ 4,654 so if you have no OTS libs group buy price is over $2k.
If you buy it in pieces you'll get orange slices for additional discounts on subsequent purchases.

Edit: added quote from Greg & following info:  

On 6/21/2023 at 7:08 PM, Greg Schlaepfer said:

We have a bundle upgrade system, so you can always start with a single guitar and then upgrade to a bundle (even at the group buy discount) later on.

You can make multiple, separate orders during the group buy, too, as long as you initially joined the sale before July 12th. Once you're in, you have until the end of July to complete your group buy purchase (or make additional purchases).

You can change your group buy order at any time, too. The group buy signup process just helps me figure out how many serial numbers I need to order from Native Instruments in advance, though. :)

Owning a library gets you a discount on any bundles containing it which is then discounted by the group buy and orange slices (from previous purchases) will give you further discounts to the group buy price.  

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grem said:

Here is a question:

The prices that I see on the "Products" page reflect the current discount? IOW I see the price for the "Complete Bundle" as $2k. Is the with the current 55% discount? Or will the 55% discount be applied to that $2k price?

Did I make myself clear!!? : )

The group buy discount isn't reflected on the product pages, so the bundle pricing there is the inherent discount on the bundle, compared to the full price of buying all those instruments individually. The group buy discount will apply on top of the discounted bundle price. For example, the "Evolution Complete Bundle" would be $839.60 USD at the 60% off discount tier--even less if you have Orange Slices to redeem on top of that discount.

If you add products to the group buy page in your account, it shows you their price at the current group buy discount on that page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mibby said:

When I click of some, they say "Kontakt Player Included". Is there an easy way to tell which ones require the FULL version of Kontakt?

Yes, the Player ones have a „made for Kontakt Player“ logo on their box graphic.

• Like 1

The ones that require the full version of Kontakt have the text "Full version of Kontakt Required" instead of "Kontakt Player Included", and that information is also in the product requirements at the bottom of each product page. Lastly, when you add a library that requires the full version of Kontakt to your group buy order, it will be listed with the notice "FULL edition of Kontakt required".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I rarely go to VI Control, but I was perusing the forum and checked out the Orange Tree Samples thread there and came across a post made by Greg with a really informative update regarding Evolution. Here it is in its entirety: 

"There's an update for the Evolution engine coming out pretty soon. It contains a ton of improvements under the hood, but here are some of the most notable changes:

- New NKS parameter layout with 18-19 pages of controls. For comparison, currently there are only two pages of controls in the NKS layout.
- All Evolution libraries can now share the same NKR resources file. That will make it a lot easier to apply updates in the future, since most of the time it will just be a matter of downloading a single new NKR file that will work for all the Evolution libraries you own.
- New collection of deluxe spring reverb options, including stereo spring reverbs.
- New option to have separate slide ranges from the standard legato ranges.
- New pick position variance setting for when the pick modeling feature is enabled, adding an adjustable amount of randomness to the pick position.
- Added the ability to create custom tunings rather than being limited to the tuning presets.

(a few of these additions are already in our very latest releases, but the update will add them to all the rest of the Evolution libraries)

There will probably be a couple more updates like this to the current iteration of the engine before the next major version, where we'll address more fundamental improvements: larger UI, better strumming pattern editor, making all the libraries inter-compatible when it comes to patterns/mappings/effects/etc., adding the fretless/slide capabilities, better effects routing capabilities, and much, much more.

I'm really excited for everything we have planned for this next generation of the Evolution engine. There will still be a couple more libraries released in the current iteration of the engine (we have two coming out soon that have already been encoded for the Kontakt Player, if that gives you any indication of how imminent they are).

At the same time, we have this massive library that's been in development over the last eight years, so that's admittedly been taking up a lot of our bandwidth. However, we're at the point where I can see the finish line for that one, so I'm both excited to be able to finally share that library as well as be able to focus entirely on the Evolution engine's next major version."

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

At the same time, we have this massive library that's been in development over the last eight years, so that's admittedly been taking up a lot of our bandwidth...

Wondering whats that?? 😃

51 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Wurly confirmed!

Hahaha! You have an outstanding memory.
I would looooooooovvvveee to have a Wurly library at the level of The Famous E. If anyone wants to petition for an Orange Tree Samples Wurly library,  I'm on board! I may have even begged Greg to consider doing one in the future. I'll never tell. ;)

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1