Izotope RX9 Updated to 9.4.0

cclarry

11 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

What's happening here? Is this legit or a joke?

a joke ?

it's an update to RX9 as @cclarry mentioned.

Latest RX 10 update was in March IIRC.

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

but I'm sure that they have many Pro's that still use 9 so are keeping it current (my guess)

Most of the plugins in RX10 are exactly the same as RX9, my guess would be that it was an easy win to update these plugins to the current RX10 version (10.4.0) and call them 9.4.0  ?

no info or release notes on the Izotope website though.

Edited by simon
  • Great Idea 1

FWIW I spoke to Izotope and they said:

Compatibility Updates & Improvements

Added macOS Ventura support.
Added AAX Apple silicon native support.
Added Apple silicon native support to RX 9 installers. Rosetta is no longer required to install RX 9 on an Apple silicon Mac.

Bug Fixes

Fixed issue in UAD LUNA where all instances of an RX 9 plug-in would become unresponsive to automation upon interacting with a control after adjusting or trimming an RX 9 automation envelope.

I'm still confused why they did this for 'legacy' software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Think RX9 is popular with users of Davinci Resolve since it still has standalone version that can be setup to roundtrip in resolve

Same goes for Ozone 9 Advanced. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I guess for PC users it didn't really have much effect other than to change the version number for us.

That's why I don't understand why iZotope did not mention this in the first place! (Changelog!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I am still not convinced that RX10 Standard adds much if you already have RX9 Standard - not for the price they are asking anyway (even when it was $US79.00). 

Only if you do dialogue. 

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

standalone version that can be setup to roundtrip in resolve

What does this mean? I've been using Davinci Resolve a lot with my regular music plugins but I'm wondering what the roundtrip thing is. Maybe I could be using them even more than I thought!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

Think RX9 is popular with users of Davinci Resolve since it still has standalone version that can be setup to roundtrip in resolve

RX10 still comes with a standalone version that can be used in Resolve - are you confusing it with Ozone 9 ? 

Ozone 10 doesn't have a standalone.