Total Studio MAX 4.0 is here!

Bapu

Their authorization still needs work.   I can download my sounds from the app but not on my webpage.   Support told me to authorize and I only did it 7 times.  It asks me to reactivate my downloads for Syntronik 2.   Policy borders between stupid and shove it up your *****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Now with $100 coupon code. So $199 MAX upgrade. 

As a Total Studio 3 MAX or 3.5 MAX owner you qualify for discounted MAXgrade pricing on Total Studio 4 MAX. And now we’re offering you a special coupon* for an additional $/€100 off!  Get this huge musical tool set for only $/€199.99.

*Sorry, JamPoints cannot be used with this coupon. Save them for next time.

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Barrie said:

Now with $100 coupon code. So $199 MAX upgrade. 

Ahem.  I know there was an upgrade offer several months ago.  Are you saying there's a new upgrade offer?

Hmmmm.  Maybe there's a new offer to upgrade to Total Studio Max 4.1?  If so, does that include all the new stuff since Total Studio MAX 4  came out?

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos

15 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Ahem.  I know there was an upgrade several months ago.  Are you saying there's a new upgrade offer?

The upgrade in the thread used to be a $50 coupon, now it's $100, so I thought I'd update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I buy the Studio 4 MAX upgrade back when I posted the OP.

Today I get an email form IKM telling me that as an owner of Studio 3.5 MAX I'm eligible for a Studio 4 MAX  upgrade.

I'm convinced @Peter - IK Multimedia showed them posts of me admitting to double purchasing other VSTs in the past (that I had forgotten I'd already bought) 🙂 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

IK knows just where to squeeze, and how much.  I have $85 Jampoints so my upgrade price has been $215.  Now I can save $15 and keep my Jampoints.... until they expire on Sep. 30. 😐

If the price is indeed $200 with a coupon, I can save $200 AND keep all my Jampoints until they expire. 😉 

Seriously, though, I have reached the age when I can no longer keep track of (1) what TS 4 MAX  will add to what I already have and (2) what new products have come out which are not included in TS 4 MAX.

Sure I could look it up and compare with my most recent spreadsheet, but at this point, I saving $200 is quite appealing.

But, just out of curiosity, has anyone else here been keeping track of what has come out since TS 4 MAX?

On 5/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, kitekrazy said:

Their authorization still needs work.   I can download my sounds from the app but not on my webpage.   Support told me to authorize and I only did it 7 times.  It asks me to reactivate my downloads for Syntronik 2.   Policy borders between stupid and shove it up your *****.

Wait until you buy their hardware and you'll see the fun to be had. For starters, the product's serial number is not on the product itself, but in a card that comes with it. without it, you cannot download drivers or software necessary for the product to work. Great strategy for screwing up with people that buy used gear.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Wait until you buy their hardware and you'll see the fun to be had. For starters, the product's serial number is not on the product itself, but in a card that comes with it. without it, you cannot download drivers or software necessary for the product to work. Great strategy for screwing up with people that buy used gear.

When people pay the transfer fee, doesn't that cover the cost of adding the S/N and registration to the buyer's account?

Edited by User 905133
added a few words for the sake of clarity

6 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I'm still getting used to the hidden edit button.  70% of the time I have been remembering.  Working on upping that number. Sorry for any inconvenience this erroneous posting causes.

Edited by User 905133

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

When people pay the transfer fee, doesn't that cover the cost of adding the S/N and registration to the buyer's account?

The only other company which does that is Native Instruments for their Maschine. The only legal way to obtain their drivers and software is by tracking the original owner and having them initiate a license transfer, which may or may not be impossible depending on how much of the original contents of the box (including the card with the product's serial number, which is printed on the product itself in every other product out there). No other hardware selling company does that because of how anti-customer this practice is. And that's for  almost every single piece of hardware IK makes.

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The only other company which does that is Native Instruments for their Maschine. The only legal way to obtain their drivers and software is by tracking the original owner and having them initiate a license transfer, which may or may not be impossible depending on how much of the original contents of the box (including the card with the product's serial number, which is printed on the product itself in every other product out there). No other hardware selling company does that because of how anti-customer this practice is. And that's for  almost every single piece of hardware IK makes.

The drivers for NI hardware are freely available.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

The Maschine software is licensed and can be transferred for free by the registered owner. They also sell the software by itself and the same goes for that.  No drama unless you are ignorant about how software licensing works.

2 minutes ago, Technostica said:

The drivers for NI hardware are freely available.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

The Maschine software is licensed and can be transferred for free by the registered owner. They also sell the software by itself and the same goes for that.  No drama unless you are ignorant about how software licensing works.

You don't even have that option with IK. If the owner doesn't transfer the license to you, you can't even download drivers for the product, let alone software for it.

5 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

You don't even have that option with IK. If the owner doesn't transfer the license to you, you can't even download drivers for the product, let alone software for it.

I am aware of IKM. Just pointing out that there’s nothing dubious with how NI handle Maschine IMO.

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

I logged in and added TS4 to the cart.  When I went to the purchase screen the $100 code was autofilled in the coupon box. 

Grumble...
Still not seeing it.  Even tried another browser.
Previously (months ago) the $50 code would show.

(sometime later - queue the 'meanwhile back at the Bat Cave' audio/video transition montage)  
LOL - double checked my 'products'...  I have SM2 and have upgraded piecemeal since.
So even though I have the equivalent of SM 3.5, as far as IKM is concerned I have SM 2
So no soup for me except by using my Jam Points which will drop price to $209.99
The $10 difference not worth getting upset about though I would have liked saving my Jam Points for potentially picking something, possibly hardware, later.

Edited by TheSteven

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

. . .  IK. If the owner doesn't transfer the license to you, you can't even download drivers for the product, let alone software for it.

Thanks for the explanations. I don't have any IK hardware so I was wondering about the problem you mentioned.  I understand the problem better now.  If the bundled software is NFR, and the seller can use the software without the hardware the seller might not want to transfer it for fear of losing access to the bundled software. 

But if the hardware doesn't violate an NFR condition, JMO: they should provide a way for the new owner to download the hardware drivers.

I'll just have to add this to my list of things I just don't understand about why companies do things the way they do. Thanks for mentioning this issue