KONTAKT Factory Library 2

cclarry

With over 43 GB of meticulously recorded samples from nearly 900 individual instruments, KONTAKT Factory Library 2 is the perfect introduction to the world of sampled instruments. Previously only available with a purchase of KONTAKT 7, you can now pick it up at a special price for use with the free KONTAKT 7 PLAYER. 

Nice but I'll wait till I can pick up KONTAKT 7 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

If I now have Factory 2, can I delete Factory 1, so long as I have no active projects in 1?

The libraries are different (see link below), so probably not.
Kontakt Factory Library 2

Update:
Per NI forum thread:
Very Quick Question about Kontakt Factory Library 2 
"Most of KFL1 is also included in KFL2"  
it appears the Library includes a subset of Library 1.

Edited by TheSteven

I remain in a quandary tho finances dictate for the most part.  I'm at Kontakt 5 and Komplete Standard 12.  Kontakt 7 is $99 for me and KS 14 is $199 which includes quite a bit in addition to K7 and Factory 2.  Wonder when KS 15 is due....

1 hour ago, abacab said:

"I want to save space. Can I safely uninstall Kontakt Factory Library (24GB)and install Kontakt Factory Library 2 without breaking anything?"

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/6506/kontakt-factory-library-2

So most of 1 is in 2. You would think NI could just tell us what in 1 is not included in 2…..but no….that would just be needlessly customer friendly. Grrrr…..

55 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

So most of 1 is in 2. You would think NI could just tell us what in 1 is not included in 2…..but no….that would just be needlessly customer friendly. Grrrr…..

I remember seeing it mentioned elsewhere that the Kontakt Factory Library 1 VSL symphonic library was replaced by Orchestral Tools in 2. Also heard that the other Factory instruments use the same samples, but some preset names may have changed.

So if you are using any of the previous presets in anything important you might need both libraries.

Found a list for Kontakt Factory Library 1 here: "all 1270 instruments in Kontakt's Factory Library"  https://gist.github.com/kyefox/9d2f4c11a820dd5e54e15f75f5989443

I don't have Kontakt Factory Library 2 yet to compare with, but this is something to think about when the time comes... I'm waiting for a better deal on the Kontakt 7 update from 6.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

I don't have Kontakt Factory Library 2 yet to compare with, but this is something to think about when the time comes... I'm waiting for a better deal on the Kontakt 7 update from 6.

I'm waiting for NI's summer sale, typically 50% off.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1