TONEX pedal

Sander Verstraten

32 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

You are correct, that's a fair deal $279.99! It comes with Tonex Max. 

yup. so i think this is an insta buy for me.

just a quick update. i will probably be single by this evening around 7   or 8 pm local time one the credit card text gets read by the prison warden.  So..  if you have any divorced sisters or cousins in the 45 to 55 age range who like 70s rock and roll and art movies -- send them my way. 

Edited by telecode 101
  • Haha 6

It also comes with Amplitube 5 Standard, I believe.

Just wonder if Tonex Max and Amplitube 5 are automatically registered to your account or if you can sell them if you already have the software.

O, and I read somewhere that Tonex Max users would get $100 off of the pedal, but probably not combined with $120 in Jampoints.

14 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

It also comes with Amplitube 5 Standard, I believe.

Just wonder if Tonex Max and Amplitube 5 are automatically registered to your account or if you can sell them if you already have the software.

Based on my experience of buying IKM hardware that came with Amplitube bundled, it was NFR and couldn’t even be transferred when you sold the hardware.

24 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Based on my experience of buying IKM hardware that came with Amplitube bundled, it was NFR and couldn’t even be transferred when you sold the hardware.

This, and you can't even access the library tab without registering the serial number.  So it is unfortunate for those of us that bought multiple products to get toneX.  Such as the AXe I/o and now the pedal.  

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Couldn't resist. I'll be doing some comparisons with the Quad Cortex. Thanks for the heads up Kite!

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Tonex Pedal once you played with it.....(I also came very close getting the software version, but glad I didn't jump in).

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

IK has free shipping and Jam points are being accepted. Still had to pay the guv though.

They charged me more than the local tax rate, but at least they had free shipping.  Last physical gear I was going to order from them had some outrageous shipping charge that negates all the jam points savings.  

Question is how quickly they are actually going to ship these things, the receipt says expect 3-5 days to ship any order.  Which is usually the delivery expectation from any other music dealer these days.

14 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

They charged me more than the local tax rate

My tax came out to a few dollars more than my local rate as well. I haven't been paying much attention to how much I've been taxed online. I wonder if there's a way to make it right. 

edit: I guess you just ask for a refund from the vendor. Here's what the state of Colorado has to say about it:

Sales Tax Refund

Purchasers/Consumers

If you were overcharged for sales or use tax on a purchase or were charged sales or use tax on an item that is exempt from tax, you should ask the retailer to refund the tax paid in error. If they do not give you a refund, you can apply to the Department of Revenue for the refund by completing and filing, the Claim for Refund of Tax Paid to Vendors (DR 0137B). This form can be used for state sales tax and city, county, or special district sales taxes collected by the state. You must attach a copy of your receipt or invoice as proof of the tax paid in error.

Edited by bluzdog

My Tonex pedal arrived yesterday. The fast free shipping is much appreciated. I didn't have much time to play with it but here's what I've noticed so far: There isn't a power switch, not a big deal. I wish there was a global eq for high pass/low pass, maybe there is and I couldn't find it. I don't see a way to use more than one capture at a time i.e. a dirt pedal and an amp. It sounds great but I don't see it competing in the same space as the all in one units i.e. Quad Cortex, etc. It's a smokin' deal at that price point especially if you have jam points. The included Tonex Max is a huge bonus.  I'm looking forward to digging deeper when I have some time, maybe Friday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

My Tonex pedal arrived yesterday. The fast free shipping is much appreciated. I didn't have much time to play with it but here's what I've noticed so far: There isn't a power switch, not a big deal. I wish there was a global eq for high pass/low pass, maybe there is and I couldn't find it. I don't see a way to use more than one capture at a time i.e. a dirt pedal and an amp. It sounds great but I don't see it competing in the same space as the all in one units i.e. Quad Cortex, etc. It's a smokin' deal at that price point especially if you have jam points. The included Tonex Max is a huge bonus.  I'm looking forward to digging deeper when I have some time, maybe Friday.

post your thoughts when you have more time. i am still on the fence.

i think what i want to know is, is this the kind of thing where i can download a premium capture onto the TX pedal. then go to a session and just use that pedal and not have to deal with software. also, can i use mutifx box in front on it. my the chain would be something like

gtr -> multifx --> tx pedal --> console or audio interface

13 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Agree on the high pass/low pass thing, I've had that concern with the software version since it came out...but in the software world easy to add another plugin to deal with it...pedal world not so much.  

I honestly do not thing MAX is that much more valuable than SE.  There are a few extra decent amps that IKM has done, but unless they expand on MAX down the road - it isn't like they profiled that many amps for MAX and hate to say it - many of the captures they did not very good.  Some are fantastic...others are below meh.  It is good if you didn't buy a version already though.  

But there are user captures that are in that same boat - the spectrum of awesome to unusable.  And the low tier gets you access to all of that.

3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

post your thoughts when you have more time. i am still on the fence.

i think what i want to know is, is this the kind of thing where i can download a premium capture onto the TX pedal. then go to a session and just use that pedal and not have to deal with software. also, can i use mutifx box in front on it. my the chain would be something like

gtr -> multifx --> tx pedal --> console or audio interface

Yes, you can do this and it is mind blowing at it.  However, the question is there a profile(s) that get the core tone you want....or do you have the ability to capture the rig you already love (i.e. you own a re-amp box, microphones, amp with cab, computer interface - and time....old computers can take 5+ hours for one single capture).  New computer with Nvidia graphic card closer to 15-20 minutes per capture.  

Run some demos with the free version on your computer - if anything the pedal is going to sound and respond better than that when used on its own due to low latency, proper signal inputs and nice converters.

3 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yes, you can do this and it is mind blowing at it.  However, the question is there a profile(s) that get the core tone you want....or do you have the ability to capture the rig you already love (i.e. you own a re-amp box, microphones, amp with cab, computer interface - and time....old computers can take 5+ hours for one single capture).  New computer with Nvidia graphic card closer to 15-20 minutes per capture. 

I just need to be mobile and a little more control of the tone.  I dont care about rigs as I really dont have anything amazing to capture. its all just beat up old gear.