IK Mixbox updated to 1.5.0

BTP

They're doing the same thing again. Release notes with the version number typo:

Changes from version 1.5.0: 

New module pack available for purchase: Sunset Sound Reverb Collection SE edition available for purchase, with upgrade path to Full CS version available with 8 starter modules and over 30 new presets for free

Native support of Apple M1 processor

macOS: Improved UI resizing smoothness

Windows: Implemented a UI optimization that could improve text readability

General reliability improvements

Edited by BTP
  • Thanks 2

Hrmph.  So that's how they are going to expand the available items in Mixbox - "expansion packs".  I guess it was silly of me to hope they would just get added. I suppose it does take development time to slap those fancy UIs onto their existing algorithms.  (grumpy sarcasm)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'll just put an instance of my T-Racks Sunset verb after if I want it, I suppose.  BTY, the "expansion pack" price is what I paid for MicBox way back on a fantastic deal.   That intro price ($49) for the expansion pack is stupid. 

@abacab Yes it is!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

Updated to v1.5.0 for Windows:

• Implemented a UI optimization that could improve text readability
  • General reliability improvements.

Running OK here so far.

And the new modules are not in your face, LOL! The missing modules are gracefully grayed out in the reverb module selector dropdown menu. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BTP said:

Windows: Implemented a UI optimization that could improve text readability

This is scary--"could improve text readability!!"  Syntronik is is much more readable (text and images) than Syntronik 2 on my PC. Evidently the folks at IK have a  way of optimizing UIs so that they look better for some users and look worse for others. Oh, well.  As the saying goes, "You can't fight City Hall."

6 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

This is scary--"could improve text readability!!"  Syntronik is is much more readable (text and images) than Syntronik 2 on my PC. Evidently the folks at IK have a  way of optimizing UIs so that they look better for some users and look worse for others. Oh, well.  As the saying goes, "You can't fight City Hall."

Unfortunately, not everyone's monitors use the same resolution and scaling. But you would think IK could use some intelligent way to detect the hardware in use and adapt their UI for the best presentation...

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Charging us for Sunsey in MixBox while we already have it in T-RackS? Not cricket. 

Look at your available upgrades/crossgrades in your IK account. I have T-RackS SSR.

In the cart for $9.99, total out the door price with 3 JamPoints is $6.99, + $0.51 sales tax = $7.50. :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Came back to report that I cannot get the Sunset Sounds collection to show as activated within MixBox.

Even though the collection shows as registered in my account. I have even tried re-authorizing it, and re-installing MixBox. No luck yet!!! 🙄

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Charging us for Sunsey in MixBox while we already have it in T-RackS? Not cricket. 

Right!?? 

But to be fair, I bought MixBox a got a whole pile of plugins I did NOT own at the time in T-Racks. Last year's group buy fixed that though.  :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm betting this update won't help that MixBox is a resource hog....adding some higher end resource hungry Reverbs to it.

I'm betting that all depends on your CPU. 😜

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, abacab said:

Look at your available upgrades/crossgrades in your IK account. I have T-RackS SSR.

In the cart for $9.99, total out the door price with 3 JamPoints is $6.99, + $.051 sales tax = $7.50. :)

I can't find this?