IK Mixbox updated to 1.5.0

BTP

5 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

So why do I want CS when I already have full?

this is what i dont get. Did they release a whole new version? I am confused. I checked my Mixbox update version and it says 1.5.0 in the thing. So I have the latest one, right?

The wording of their email marketing is very weird.

Dear MixBox user,

MixBox has been updated to version 1.5.0 for Mac/PC users. This new version optimizes various functions and features as well as includes different fixes for issues some users might have experienced.

Of note is the creation of 2 additional versions of MixBox for new users: MixBox CS for free and MixBox SE. We’re also making available a new MixBox expansion pack derived from T-RackS called the “Sunset Sound Reverb Collection.” Finally, version 1.5.0 brings native compatibility with Apple M1 processors for Mac users.

We recommend all MixBox users update for the best experience.

IK Multimedia

Instructions

To get updated on Mac/PC, launch the IK Product Manager, go to Manage My Products, and use the Update button next to MixBox.

What's New in v1.5.0 for Mac/PC

- New module pack available for purchase: Sunset Sound Reverb Collection
- SE edition available for purchase, with upgrade path to Full
- CS version available with 8 starter modules and over 30 new presets for free
- Native support of Apple M1 processor
- macOS: Improved UI resizing smoothness
- Windows: Implemented a UI optimization that could improve text readability
- General reliability improvements

The I read "the creation of 2 additional versions of MixBox for new users" I am interpreting it as there is a whole new version being created that is different from what already existed in the past.

Edited by telecode 101

5 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

That's what I wondered, too.  Peter replied that it was added to everyone's account. My second guess is that it was easier to do that than to try to program the system to just give it to those who needed it.  My third guess is so that if we paid for the full version we now have an option to sell it and keep the CS version.  My first guess was something about it being a tax benefit by giving something free to people who don't need it. That one was intended as a joke but who knows?  I am not a tax accountant. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

MixBox CS won't show up as a separate plugin if you already have MixBox full installed. You will just see that the license was added to your IK account. It may be of some interest to those without MixBox full. No harm done.

For example, I have licenses for both MixBox CS & MixBox full, but only 1 copy of v1.5.0 files are installed: 'MixBox.exe', 'MixBox.dll', & 'MixBox.vst3'.

Safe to ignore MixBox CS if you already have MixBox. The 1.5.0. upgrade was for both editions! So nothing lost, but a few improvements possibly gained!

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i am really confused now.  my price for Mixbox full is $49 when I add it to my cart. I am missing something? Did IKM release Mixbox 1.5 same as MODO Drum 1.5?

The deal being discussed is the Sunset Sound reverb collection expansion for MixBox. As far as I know MixBox itself is not on sale.

But the v1.5.0 update for MixBox is real. And IK has probably gifted you a free MixBox CS license, for whatever that's worth to you...

49 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'd guess they want to get MixBox in front of more users and make it more attainable pricewise with the LE version...

With the purchase of hardware, IK has been giving away free bonus software titles of your choice (all SE versions).  I expect MixBox will be added to the list.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

The deal being discussed is the Sunset Sound reverb collection expansion for MixBox. As far as I know MixBox itself is not on sale.

But the v1.5.0 update for MixBox is real. And IK has probably gifted you a free MixBox CS license, for whatever that's worth to you...

When I add it to my cart, it automatically applies 50% off. Hence my confusion. Is there a new Mixbox?

image.png.c2af79a0a403a666b50a5ada03cb7653.png

Edited by telecode 101

18 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

When I add it to my cart, it automatically applies 50% off. Hence my confusion. Is there a new Mixbox?

image.png.c2af79a0a403a666b50a5ada03cb7653.png

They just released a "point" update to MixBox v1.5.0. So not a completely new version.

I wasn't aware that they had a crossgrade option for it. In that case if you don't already have MixBox full, I would grab that $49.99 crossgrade.  Unless you are waiting for the next Total Studio Max.

"MixBox packs over 70* award-winning mixing processors and creative effects derived from T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank into a convenient 500-series style plug-in. Create, compare and save your own custom channel strips or multiFX chains, or choose from over 600* presets to give your creativity a kickstart."

MixBox v1.5.0 changes:

Native Apple M1

We're also pleased to announce that version v1.5.0 of MixBox for Mac/PC brings native compatibility with Apple M1 processors.

We recommend that all MixBox users update to 1.5.0, whether MixBox for Mac/PC or MixBox for iPad.

To get updated on Mac/PC, launch the IK Product Manager, go to Manage My Products, and use the Update button next to MixBox.

What’s new in v1.5.0 for Mac/PC:

New module pack available for purchase: Sunset Sound Reverb Collection

SE edition available for purchase, with upgrade path to Full

CS version available with 8 starter modules and over 30 new presets for free

Native support of Apple M1 processor

macOS: Improved UI resizing smoothness

Windows: Implemented a UI optimization that could improve text readability

General reliability improvements

For iOS users, open the App Store on your iPad, go to the Updates tab, and use the Update button next to MixBox.

What’s New in v1.5.0 for iPad

New module pack available for purchase: Sunset Sound Reverb Collection

An SE edition available for purchase, with upgrade path to Full

Improved Preset Sharing - you can now import and export multiple presets at a time

Fixed a bug that locked in-app purchases in standalone after going offline

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

The SSSR expansion is a completely separate offer from the MixBox deal. The SSSR expansion is being offered to existing MixBox owners for $9.99 ($6.99 with Jam Points).

Not sure if MixBox CS qualifies for the $9.99 SSSR deal. Anyone?

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Thanks. I believe I have mixbox full. That's why I was confused about what crossgrade means exactly . 

I understand the confusion.

"Crossgrades" are not product specific "upgrades", but you quality for any product that has "crossgrade" pricing available if you have made a retail purchase of any IK product valued at $99 or higher. So that just about covers everyone, LOL!!! 🤣