Waves Sampler Library Updated

cclarry

Just a heads up here, and it may only be me, but this library update clobbered all of my listed sample folders in the Cosmos browser, except for the built-in one.

Going to try to restore the "cosmos.sqlite" db that I backed up yesterday from the " \AppData\Local\Waves Audio\Waves Plugin Server" path.

Edit: No luck with restore, even after restoring the full "Waves Plugin Server" folder. Way to go Waves! 🙄

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, abacab said:

Just a heads up here, and it may only be me, but this library update clobbered all of my listed sample folders in the Cosmos browser, except for the built-in one.

Going to try to restore the "cosmos.sqlite" db that I backed up yesterday from the " \AppData\Local\Waves Audio\Waves Plugin Server" path.

Edit: No luck with restore, even after restoring the full "Waves Plugin Server" folder. Way to go Waves! 🙄

Me too!!!  I took me hours to read in all my samples.  WTH?!?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, husker said:

I updated with seemingly no issue.   What exactly are you seeing Abacab?

All of my local folder references are now missing from Cosmos, except for the one provided by Waves. They were all there before the update.

My original sample folders are still there on my "D:" drive. I can add them and re-scan into Cosmos, but that shouldn't be necessary. Very time consuming!

ADSR Sample Manager still has all of them listed here, so I'm thinking it is just a Waves issue...

While I realize someone will  probably claim this thread  isn't appropriate for the deals forum, I find threads like these super valuable -- and it's for a purchase I only made because of a thread here in the deals forum. I'm going to hold off on the update until someone posts the issues they're now experiencing are resolved. If you could please keep us updated @abacab and @locrian. I'd rather wait until I get the all clear before installing the update. Thanks for posting your issues. It's valuable information. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 6

Just now, PavlovsCat said:

If you could please keep us updated @abacab and @locrian.

I opened "cosmos.sqlite" (located in " ...\AppData\Local\Waves Audio\Waves Plugin Server") and confirmed that the latest Waves' update erased all my sample library additions (just the paths, not the actual samples/folders) leaving only the Waves' samples (as described by abacab).  Nice!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

So does the CR8 install put any libs on my OS drive by default?

I don't recall specifically for the CR8 installer, but in Cosmos you can reconnect folders that you have moved from their original scanned location. Until the cosmos.sqlite db decides to take a dump.

17 minutes ago, husker said:

Outside of the included library, I have a D:\Native Instruments and an E:\Sample Content in Cosmos.

Thanks! Just wondered if having paths beyond only the boot drive might be an issue here. But apparently not...

58 minutes ago, Frank said:

Maybe they fixed it.

Waves has not issued any new updates for this since yesterday.

Seems to be a hit or miss issue, everyone is apparently not affected. Probably why it passed QA checks at Waves.

Windows 10.

Edited by abacab