Waves Plugins - $19.99

GroverKen

8 minutes ago, Grem said:

As far as I can tell Aidan, that's the whole GTR suite. Those three.

You got me wondering, so I started up Cakewalk and am playing my guitar through GTR. And I had forgot how good the clean sound is. The pedal fx's are top notch. Two amps hooked up by default. And you can see the routing and choose how you want it routed. Both amps has it's own cab controls, you can link the two amps,  and in the upper right corner there is a HD mode. And the GUI is resizeable (for me anyway).

Forgot about the tuner, it's a really good one. Easy to see, to use. No frills, no fuss.

@Grem is right. The GTR Bundle that comes with Gold is the complete one.

I use it quite frequently especially as the interface is really easy to use.  As a bonus try browsing through the many presets. They have some really good ones.

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I remember saying that I thought it was an under-rated amp sim. No one talks much about it at all. But it can hold it's own with just about anything out there

+1

Edited by Kal S
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

As far as I can tell Aidan, that's the whole GTR suite. Those three.

You got me wondering, so I started up Cakewalk and am playing my guitar through GTR. And I had forgot how good the clean sound is. The pedal fx's are top notch. Two amps hooked up by default. And you can see the routing and choose how you want it routed. Both amps has it's own cab controls, you can link the two amps,  and in the upper right corner there is a HD mode. And the GUI is resizeable (for me anyway).

Forgot about the tuner, it's a really good one. Easy to see, to use. No frills, no fuss.

I can get gold at Everyplugin for $76, so less than at WAVES even with the other two coupons ( Larrys Y coupon + the email coupon I got ) ... Sounds like it might be worth the punt to get the GTR suite plus about 40 more plugs?

I have Guitar Rig 5 + 6 BUT TBH I am looking for something "lighter" on a system resource wise for Guitar which GTR just might be. Also looks simpler, no fuss in comparison 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

I would suggest taking a good look at Scheps Omni Channel! It's very versatile, and makes anything I have put it on sound better!

Good idea, but I’ve got it and it’s out of WOOP. And buying it again feels stoopid. So I’m slowly sliding towards CLA MixHub. 

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

might be worth the punt to get the GTR suite plus about 40 more plugs

There is not a dud plugin in the gold bundle. You won't believe this, but stick that Audio Trk plugin on a trk and see what it can do with minimal resources!

That C1 comp is nothing to sneeze at either. Very good comp. No frills, just gets the job done very well.

That Electric Grand 80 is a fine instrument too.

And Waves Tune LT is not bad either. If you don't have melodyne, this will work in it's place. This lite version is not as feature rich as Melodyne, but it works.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zo said:

omnichannel and 32 c channel would be all a guy need channel strip wise ;) 

But if you got neither one of those, the Audio Track that comes in Gold bundle works well.

As does the CS in Cakewalk for that matter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mibby said:

Hey Zo, in case you weren't aware, Windows 11 is the "current" version.  ;)

And if you have an older system, even an older Core i5 processor ( only 8th gen processors will be supported ), it most likely will NOT support Windows 11 .. you get told this if trying to upgrade via a compatibility utility

Edited by aidan o driscoll

50 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Good idea, but I’ve got it and it’s out of WOOP. And buying it again feels stoopid. So I’m slowly sliding towards CLA MixHub. 

I saw a video comparing the features of Scheps and CLA, as they are a bit similar. It might be handy to have both!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mibby said:

I heard the CLA Channel strip was a CPU hog.  Just sayin'.... 

I can confirm that.  It uses heaps of CPU in every DAW I've tried it in.

Scheps OmniChannel is pretty light in comparison, as is the Waves SSL Channel / SSL G Channel.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I can confirm that.  It uses heaps of CPU in every DAW I've tried it in.

Scheps OmniChannel is pretty light in comparison, as is the Waves SSL Channel / SSL G Channel.

I have Scheps Omni Channel and can confirm that is is very well behaved in regards to system resources. Even on my old PC.

• Like 1