For you Cubasers!

Keni

Steinberg is about to change their ilock style security for something that sounds like...

Cakewalk by Bandlab!

but at only 30 day authorization? Ouch! No pain if you’re always online.

Oops... almost forgot...

https://www.steinberg.net/licensing/?utm_campaign=366628959566_smt_statement_licensing&utm_content=elicensing_usa-eu-row-ja_en-de-es-fr-ja&utm_medium=content&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=4P9NRIRK-4OFDEZPQ-SPU2UQ

Edited by Keni

• 3 weeks later...

This is one reason I am kind of holding off buying an upgrade. Waiting to see what will happen to old licensing. I also haven't seen much that says the new Cubase will work any faster on my system. Quite frankly, I don't need any more features. What I have already has more than I ever use.

I recently looked at FL Studio again. My kid uses it and I bought him a copy (which of course is mine as he has no money of his own, he's only 14) ,so its on my system as well. We tinkered around with some stuff last week. He knows it better than me.. and was showing me some stuff with audio tracks. He makes EDM and DnB so it's totally different music that I work on. but I was trying out the different 3rd party plugins in it... Softube works better and doesn't crash as much as in Cubase with ASIO guard on. It's also really weird, as I could swear, the sound on the export sounds totally different than Cubase. It's as if the DAW has a different favor to the exported 24/48 wave file.

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

It's also really weird, as I could swear, the sound on the export sounds totally different than Cubase. It's as if the DAW has a different favor to the exported 24/48 wave file.

Shiny new toys always seem different until they're not.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:49 AM, telecode 101 said:

This is one reason I am kind of holding off buying an upgrade. Waiting to see what will happen to old licensing. I also haven't seen much that says the new Cubase will work any faster on my system. Quite frankly, I don't need any more features. What I have already has more than I ever use.

I recently looked at FL Studio again. My kid uses it and I bought him a copy (which of course is mine as he has no money of his own, he's only 14) ,so its on my system as well. We tinkered around with some stuff last week. He knows it better than me.. and was showing me some stuff with audio tracks. He makes EDM and DnB so it's totally different music that I work on. but I was trying out the different 3rd party plugins in it... Softube works better and doesn't crash as much as in Cubase with ASIO guard on. It's also really weird, as I could swear, the sound on the export sounds totally different than Cubase. It's as if the DAW has a different favor to the exported 24/48 wave file.

But…. Would Strummy go back to FL Studio?

4 hours ago, Doc H said:

But…. Would Strummy go back to FL Studio?

I think I will take the next year to spend some more time with FL while i sit out and see how the new Cubase 12 and the new  licensing plays out .. It seems daft to buy an upgrade for something you have no clue what is in it.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:51 AM, telecode 101 said:

I think I will take the next year to spend some more time with FL while i sit out and see how the new Cubase 12 and the new  licensing plays out .. It seems daft to buy an upgrade for something you have no clue what is in it.

Those 2 are like apples and oranges.  You have to login to FL Studio at times.  A lot of software is like that.

I like how Reason does it.  One machine keeps the offline license and you can install it on other machines and you just login in to use it. What's nice is the login remembers and you don't have to type.

I have been sitting on the fence with regard to Cubase for a long time. The more developed Cakewalk becomes, the less prone I am to jump to anything else. I have several other DAWs. I tried FL and it just didn't jive with me.

.....and maybe this is irrelevant- There was a good reason those guys left Cubase and started Studio One. At that time I had the feeling Cubase was becoming just another suits heavy corporation that were discouraging their talent rather than encouraging it.

If Cubase would ever leave their glass house and decide to give a sale that actually looks like an incentive to buy it, I might jump. The core program is ok and the added things it has make it appealing. Many of those who once used it exclusively are moving to programs like Reaper. I see them as another Pro Tools. Too Big for their britches and not smart enough to realize it.