Steinberg's consolidation of previous versions to Cubase 12?

locrian

Good find. Going off their usual schedule 11.5 was due to be announced soon, so it looks like they will skip a year.  Hopefully this means v12 will be a much more significant update and hopefully it  will have the new dongle free licensing. 

Edited by boxed
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Key line:

Cubase 12 will be released in 2022, but we are starting the grace period today. This means that all Cubase versions activated from today onwards will be eligible for a free update to Cubase 12.

"I'm A Loser" ~J. Lenon, The Beatles

Wait, maybe I can deactivate and then re-activate my Cubase 11? 🙂 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Key line:

Cubase 12 will be released in 2022, but we are starting the grace period today. This means that all Cubase versions activated from today onwards will be eligible for a free update to Cubase 12.

OK, so need some advice here.  I'm on 10.5, but I bought the upgrade to 11 during the past summer sale.   I never did anything with what I received.   What is my best play here?

3 minutes ago, husker said:

OK, so need some advice here.  I'm on 10.5, but I bought the upgrade to 11 during the past summer sale.   I never did anything with what I received.   What is my best play here?

If you register now, you'll get 11 to use NOW, and then 12 when it's released.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cclarry said:

It's QUITE odd that they would "skip" the 11.5 release...

it's a bit odd and there has been no official announcement - I'm not part of the beta team anymore so I have zero inside information but I'd wait before activating anything.   Basically don't trust that information on the website....yet !

• Like 1

This from the Steinberg forum:

Hi all,

This wasn’t supposed to be there without any context. We have removed it again.

The Grace Period has not started yet.

There will be more details coming in the next week.

Please excuse the confusion.

HUSKER....HOLD ON!!!

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simon said:

it's a bit odd and there has been no official announcement - I'm not part of the beta team anymore so I have zero inside information but I'd wait before activating anything.   Basically don't trust that information on the website....yet !

This^^^

Keep that 11 registration in your pocket for now.

• Like 3