Steinberg's consolidation of previous versions to Cubase 12?

locrian

Just now, Hidden Symmetry said:

From March "It’s too early to announce details on the schedule or the new environment, but one thing is for sure: The future will be dongle-free."

They allow to move licence from connected to non connected computer , so the moving of licence on device will be there question is the elicencer ....

I have one question , if the delay of 30 dayz or 365 is pass , a synchro of the comp is sufficnet or we lose te licence ? on roland , the software appears in demo mode , witch let's you remember then to sync ....

54 minutes ago, Zo said:

They allow to move licence from connected to non connected computer , so the moving of licence on device will be there question is the elicencer ....

I have one question , if the delay of 30 dayz or 365 is pass , a synchro of the comp is sufficnet or we lose te licence ? on roland , the software appears in demo mode , witch let's you remember then to sync ....

Just by reading your post Zo, I can clearly see that we (musicians) are getting a new headache with this new authorization scheme. Like I said before, bumming.

And I smell that they are trying to entice us, those who didn't register/update Cubase to the latest version yet, with this free upgrade to v12 and then just announce the end of eLicenser support leaving us basically with no choice than enter the new "backdoor-subscription" reality. Bumming.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

Steinberg Licensing is an identity-based license management system, where your identity as our customer is at the heart of everything. Whether you are an individual customer, or you represent an organization, educational institution, or enterprise, your entitlement to use Steinberg products flows from your Steinberg ID.

I already miss the dongle. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

How many computers can I use with a new license?

You are allowed to install our products on multiple computers, but you can only activate a product on two computers at any one time.

you can activate on 2 computers but only use on one computer at once ...ie you can't run 2 instances of cubase.

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I'm betting Yamaha is doing away with eLicenser.

they are planning to switch off the elicenser server - and when that happens whatever is left on the dongle stays.....no moving  and probably/possibly no upgrade path from those licences either.  If the dongle breaks the licence is gone - irretrievably.    Steinberg are stopping selling elicencers and 3rd party vendors (VSL etc) are moving to other solutions (eg ilok)  

1 minute ago, Paul Young said:

Some are probably not aware how terrible VSL's license replacement policy was. They started selling dongle insurance. Hopefully that will change. If VSL every goes to a 2 machine limit I'll be a big fan.

Posted earlier VSL will be moving to iLok, cloud /key. No more Vienna keys or their protection plan.

• Like 1